Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Veltec or fulcrum

Currently have fulcrum 5 wheels but lookin to change wondering has anyone tried the veltec speed Al or fulcrum Quattro ,I know there's not much in weight saving one is 35 mm other is 40 mm,using bike mostly for fun spins and distance at weekends ,truth be told iam probably looking to change for the look more than practicallity,fulcrum get great reviews can't seem to find much about the veltec ,any advice much appreciated ,bike is a specialized roubaix elite .

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

Lbowron | 9 years ago
0 likes

Looking on a dutch bike forum, a couple of people reported play in the rear hub of their Veltec's after 6000 & 9000 miles, other than that, reviews seem scarce. The fulcrums get good reviews on wiggle, and I can say that their Campagnolo equivalent (Scirocco 35) have lasted me well for the ~ 2000 miles use I've had from them.

If you aren't too concerned with mixing Shimano and Campag (come at me velominati) you can pick up the scirocco 35 CX version with better weather sealing on the hubs for the same price as the standard Fulcrum Quattros and £100 less than the Fulcrum Quattro CX's.

Saying that though, the racing 5's that you currently have on the bike currently weigh 80g less than the wheels you're proposing putting on, so I'd say if you dont currently have any problems with them I wouldn't buy any new ones yet and either save up some more so the wheels you buy are a better upgrade, or just replace them when they're at the end of their life

Latest Comments