Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

New Forest "altercation"

Anyone seen this yet?

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/11560613.VIDEO__Angry_cyclist_s_narrow_e...

In fairness, the paper's take on it is pretty neutral, it's the readers' comments that I don't know whether to laugh or cry at...

Bearing in mind it's my local rag, it's good to know that the widespread hostility towards cyclists in my area is reaffirmed!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

drfabulous0 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Actually I thought the comments were fairly reasonable for the most part. The driver was already overtaking a group of cyclists, a more reasonable response on the part of the cyclist would have been to slow and communicate to the driver that he was happy to wait for her to complete her maneuver, not shouting and gesturing aggressively. It works better on the roads when we all have a little patience and consideration for each other, most of the negative comments seemed to be aimed at the individuals concerned rather than cyclists or motorists in general, and the video is really not worthy of posting online, let alone being news.

Paul_C replied to drfabulous0 | 9 years ago
0 likes
drfabulous0 wrote:

Actually I thought the comments were fairly reasonable for the most part. The driver was already overtaking a group of cyclists, a more reasonable response on the part of the cyclist would have been to slow and communicate to the driver that he was happy to wait for her to complete her maneuver, not shouting and gesturing aggressively. It works better on the roads when we all have a little patience and consideration for each other, most of the negative comments seemed to be aimed at the individuals concerned rather than cyclists or motorists in general, and the video is really not worthy of posting online, let alone being news.

have you seen the voting on those comments? I'd have posted in there myself but that stupid website wants far too much information... and also wants to post to facebook on my behalf?

CXR94Di2 | 9 years ago
0 likes

It didn't look deliberate action to aim for the oncoming rider, just a stupid overtake with little room to complete the maneuver. Wasn't helped by the ignorant two finger gesture by the driver. A stern telling off should be sufficient.

Latest Comments