Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Opinions sought - black, white or silver.

Hi All,
just finished cleaning one of my ever expanding 'herd' and decided to change the only part of my Dogma 60.1 that was slightly marked, the handlebar tape - it was white. However, the three main colours of the frame (Pinarello 536) which is primarily white with black and metal-flake silver detailing. Trying to keep this colour scheme going, I have toyed with the idea of using silver carbon effect bar tape so it's spotless for the potential new owner, not advertised it yet - but what do you think on the silver carbon tape,,,,,,,, opinions please.  16

Regards,

Trikeman.  3

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

15 comments

redmeat | 9 years ago
0 likes

I don't like Pinarellos. Can I have the Colnago?  3

trikeman replied to redmeat | 9 years ago
0 likes
redmeat wrote:

I don't like Pinarellos. Can I have the Colnago?  3

The Colnago is a beautiful machine to ride for sure, however it's a very close run thing between them. They both have their good points but in slightly different areas - I'm a Colly guy through and through and just can't seem to shake off my 'attachment' with them.  8

I really wish I could keep both.

Go for one Redmeat, you wont look back.  3

Regards,

Trikeman.  3

Super Domestique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Sell her one then and keep the Pina  4

Seriously, I can't say my wife has been out much on it (and been off a couple of times) but it has made her understand my hobby that much more.*

* that said she is very good when it comes to my bike buying / bike accessory purchases.

0 likes

What happened to just one nice Ti bike  3

I have actually got my Mrs a road bike now. Shockingly her choice of anniversary pressie last time round.

trikeman replied to Super Domestique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Do you know SD, when I broke my ankle off I thought, genuinely, I would never ride again. I put my Ti Sabbath September up for sale and it sold almost straight away and as soon as it went I regretted it - it truly was a bike for all riding, by now she would have the mudguards on and off to go but someone else is enjoying it now.  17

I bought my Wife a bike a while ago but she fell off first ride, so in the garage it went,,,,,, still there under a pile of boxes - she won't ride again.

Regards,

Trikeman.  3

redmeat | 9 years ago
0 likes

You've got a lot of nice bikes.

Can I have one?

trikeman replied to redmeat | 9 years ago
0 likes
redmeat wrote:

You've got a lot of nice bikes.

Can I have one?

Redmeat,
I'm sure if you cross my palm with a copious amount of silver the Dogma could indeed be in your possession - with black Pinarello bar tape too.  105

Regards,

Trikeman.  3

Parkrider | 9 years ago
0 likes

Black.

Definitely!

0 likes

Hi trikeman.

Don't sell it is the first bit of advice  102  3

But if you must, then black gets my vote .

trikeman replied to Super Domestique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Don't you just love peer pressure - Thanks Guys, BLACK with a white 'Pinarello' running through it has just been ordered.

Agh' SD - SWMBO has declared "if you've gone and bought another Colnago, then one of the others must go"....  2 She wouldn't even let me hang it on the living room wall. Anyway, I will advertise this immaculate Dogma (complete with new bar tape) here first, I just hate putting anything on eBay.  102

ORrrrrrrrrr,,,,,,, Said SWMBO.

Regards,

Trikeman.  3

The _Kaner | 9 years ago
0 likes

The duct tape look doesn't do it for me either...looks like pipe lagging actually...not too sure about zebra striping either...but half black/half white might be a better option. or all black with a perforated design.

Jo_ | 9 years ago
0 likes

Looks a bit like gaffer tape. I'd stick with black.

movingtarget | 9 years ago
0 likes

Sorry, not a fan of the silver. From the distance the pics are taken from it appears dirty to me. Would go with either classic black or black & white tape like on my bars.

matthewn5 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Black, to go with the seat. See the Rules.

truffy | 9 years ago
0 likes

Doesn't do it for me, I'm afraid. With that set up I'd go for black.

Latest Comments