Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

FTP - Sticking my head above the parapet

Ok, so in the same way that Dave Atkinson declaring what he's doing training-wise will spur him on because it's public knowledge, I thought I'd tell you all where I'm at, so that I feel the urge to improve and report back as such.

20 minute test at an average of 209 watts gives an Functional Threshold Power of 198.5, and given my current weight of 70.5kg, equals 2.8 watts per kg.

I felt light-headed and a bit sick afterwards. Yes, I know it's not a great power output, but whatever.

For anyone interested, I used the Sufferfest Rubber Glove video and a wattbike. A pleasant experience it is not.  31

With a 12-week window, at least I can get christmas out of the way before I test again in Jan!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Eebijeebi | 9 years ago
0 likes

My watts per kg is pretty good.................for someone half my weight.

glynr36 replied to Eebijeebi | 9 years ago
0 likes
Eebijeebi wrote:

My watts per kg is pretty good.................for someone half my weight.

I'd like to apply the same rule to mine, 249.8 Watts.
Would be a decent w/kg for someone half my weight!

glynr36 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Might give me more motivation for the 10 week block I'm about to start if I post mine up here too! We should maybe get a winter training thread going.

I'm doing my FTP test for the first time in a while this Saturday, bucket and fan at the ready!

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Ah damn, I came here thinking you were looking for advice on File Transfer Protocol (FTP)....That I can deal with.

Functional Threshold Power, no ta, that is just like torturing yourself for fun...

Hope you get to where you want to be with it though

Latest Comments