Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Trek Madone Series 5 vs Cervelo S2

Hi Folks,

Recently had a Retul bike fit, and came out with a (very) short list of frames that will fit me.

So, budget wise, I've narrowed down to either a Cervelo S2 or a 5 series Madone (H2).

Does anyone have experience of these two bike or compared them? Be interested in your thoughts.

Groupset isn't that important, as I'll be swapping in an Ultergra 11 speed Di2 setup.

Cheers!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

notfastenough | 9 years ago
0 likes

Oh, I should have said, this was the 2013 model year- the S2 has been revised since then I think.

notfastenough | 9 years ago
0 likes

I test-rode both when I was buying. The S2 felt stiff in terms of acceleration etc, but harsher road feel (to be fair you could probably cancel this out with just a little less air in the tyres). The thing that put me off though, was on a fast road it started to feel a little twitchy, whereas the Trek inspires confidence at speed. The difference between the 4 and 5 series madone was small, and I ended up with a Madone 4.5.

Latest Comments