Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Cube Bikes /Company

Please read this Information if you are considering buying Cube Bike  14

Everything I'm going to tell you is 100% True
I purchased a Cube agree full Carbon Cost £1200.00 9 Months ago ,while cleaning the bike I noticed a small crack in the frame just below the seat stem .
Contacted the shop I purchased the bike ,they took the bike and said that they would have to take photos and Contact Cube .( Sounded reasonable ) After two weeks Still no information the excuse Cube only have one person who actually deals with warranty complaints ."Unbelievable"
Decided to send Cube customer service email direct ,After the 7th Email they finally replied asking for my details and bike details which I already sent .
Eventually after 4 weeks the shop managed to get confirmation that the frame was eligible to be replaced under the warranty .This is good !! Cube cannot ship direct from Germany they ship to the Netherlands .Once Cube in Netherlands receive the frame they then Ship to the Shop .I'm up to 6 weeks without my bike .
Sent another 5 emails to Cube asking for a photo of the new frame and an update on transit .NO RESPONSE
Tried to phone the Company FORGET IT !!

So anyone contemplating buying a Cube please be prepared for a lot of head work if you have a problem.
THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NOTHING SHORT OF PATHETIC CANNOT FIND WORDS TO DESCRIBE HOW FRUSTRATING THIS COMPANY IS TO DEAL WITH .

Incidentally anyone brave enough to want a cube mine will be up for sale brand new frame and less than 9 mths old

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

king_harrold | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've set up this page to shame Cube and their poor customer service as they will delete your post (they have to me)

Feel free to join

https://m.facebook.com/CUBE.bikes.warranty

king_harrold | 9 years ago
0 likes

I have a Cube Agree GTC SL 2014, which is 9 weeks old. Just found a crack on the rear triangle.

http://s992.photobucket.com/user/leeharrold/library/Cube%20Agree%20GTC%2...

LBS (Samways Cycles, Derby) have told me they will need the bike for 5-6 weeks.

What a complete joke! I have opened a Section 75 claim with my credit card provider as the item is faulty and the solution being offered by the LBS is unreasonable.

justDave | 9 years ago
0 likes

Surely in law your contest is with the retailer NOT the original supplier. If you can show that the product is defective, it's not of merchantable quality and the shop should replace or refund without a quibble. It's their problem if the manufacturer they chose to stock is difficult to deal with - they have no right to make it your problem. After al; you didn't buy direct. With every manufactured product there are going to be occaisional faults- the issue is how the retailer deals with them, and here the shop seems to have failed you.

I ride a Cube Peleton by the way. I find it great to ride, and I haven't had any problems with it.

giobox replied to justDave | 9 years ago
0 likes
justDave wrote:

Surely in law your contest is with the retailer NOT the original supplier. If you can show that the product is defective, it's not of merchantable quality and the shop should replace or refund without a quibble. It's their problem if the manufacturer they chose to stock is difficult to deal with - they have no right to make it your problem. After al; you didn't buy direct. With every manufactured product there are going to be occaisional faults- the issue is how the retailer deals with them, and here the shop seems to have failed you.

I ride a Cube Peleton by the way. I find it great to ride, and I haven't had any problems with it.

You are entirely correct of course, but how many retailers in your experience actually bother with paying attention to the Sale of Goods Act? The experience of having to "go through the manufacturer's warranty" is pretty typical, unless you can be bothered with arguments/threats/small claims court. Retailers naturally would rather the cost or hassle be borne by the supplier than themselves.

Avenger197396 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Are you the same guy who was bleating about Cube over on the Bike Radar forum?  103 I'm almost tempted to go and buy a Cube bike just to annoy you! You seem to be getting an ever so slightly more sympathetic response here than you did over there but not by much.  39

truffy replied to Avenger197396 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Avenger197396 wrote:

Are you the same guy who was bleating about Cube over on the Bike Radar forum?

Perhaps that was another dave84346? There's a lot of them about.  3

TripperMint | 9 years ago
0 likes

Cube can be a bit irritating regarding contacting them and warranty.
I work part time in a bike shop, but because they're based in the Netherlands, we can't actually phone them (no international calls at work!) so have to resort to email.
Which usually ends up sitting in someone's inbox for ages.
I've only seen two incidents of it, so it's by no means evidence of a recurring problem, but two Cube owners have both had a couple of problems with the headset loosening on their Agree GTCs. A new star nut fixes the problem completely, but still.
For the most part, I'm quite fond of Cube. You get a pretty decent amount of bike for your money and a nice all around package of quality, particularly at the entry level. Having said that, I think there are better bikes I can spend my money on.

andycoventry | 9 years ago
0 likes

I had a 2012 GTC Pro, I had a similar problem with the famous cable rattle, many e-mails it took to get a response and fixed.

That being said I have battered that bike and it took everything I threw at it.

Mostyn | 9 years ago
0 likes

I have a Cube Agree GTC Pro, Bought it 2011, I love it. Not had any concerns with the bike, so cannot comment on their warranty service! At least there wasn't any argument about a replacement frame. That sounds like a good company to me.

Latest Comments