Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Eneco tour

Hi any idea when this is gonna be open please?  4

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

26 comments

chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes

Hmm, I've ended up with 8 sprinters and 1 TT/GC in my standard, so probably some penalty transfers after stage 2.

Purist is sprinter-lite with 5 top GC guys and the best of the cheaper sprinters.

The start of Eneco means its a year since my last stage win! Thanks to Renshaw, but it all went wrong after that due to my stubbornness against picking Stybar.

This time around, as usual I will pick the wrong one out of Stybar/Terpstra, and exacerbate it by picking the wrong one out of Gilbert/GVA. So paranoid am I that I have guarded against that kind of thing today by picking both Greipel AND Debusschere, which probably doesn't make much sense...

enrique replied to chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

...I will pick the wrong one out of Stybar/Terpstra, and exacerbate it by picking the wrong one out of Gilbert/GVA. So paranoid am I that I have guarded against that kind of thing today by picking both Greipel AND Debusschere, which probably doesn't make much sense...

It's comforting to see that type of paranoia in another... I am so fearful of missing out on points I almost did the same thing you did with Greipel and Debusschere... I hope you get points for both!  1 I left Boonen out today and I wish I had the balls to choose him... I'm always afraid he'll put his Superman cape on and blow by everyone when he's not in my team... I'm paranoid  2 ... All yesterday I dwelled on, what if Boonen decides he wants the ENECO title for himself?... Could he ride off and leave Stybar behind? Or would he work for Stybar even if he feels extremely fit?...  39 That's (!) what makes loaded teams like OPQ and Lotto so unpredictable... and I hate (!) losing out on points... Which is why I propose next year we go to 15 man teams and a budget of 500 credits...

enrique replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

... I have... both Greipel AND Debusschere...

enrique wrote:

... I hope you get points for both!...

Ghedebrav replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
chrisdstripes wrote:

... I have... both Greipel AND Debusschere...

enrique wrote:

... I hope you get points for both!...

Doubled up too. Thinking that Debusschere was reasonably cheap, and if Greipel bagged the stage he'd at least get the teammate bonus.

Just Greips in me purist though  39

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

I have 7 if not 8.

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Im pretty set, however I have 5 sprinters, but I want 6, but I don't want to have to make 30 penalties for stage 3, so sticking with 5 sprinters and 1 other means I would only have to make 20 penalties.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm finding this very difficult. Have made about 20 changes so far. 9am will arrive and I will be stuck/relieved.

Dux89 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Sagan's withdrawal rather sudden. So many other pricey sprinters who seem pretty evenly matched though (unless Andre Greipel has found a bit more form than he had in the Tour).

Joelsim replied to Dux89 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Dux89 wrote:

Sagan's withdrawal rather sudden. So many other pricey sprinters who seem pretty evenly matched though (unless Andre Greipel has found a bit more form than he had in the Tour).

Lotto have said...

enrique replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

Lotto have said...

Ah,  22 you made me look it up... 'In the bunch sprints we have both André Greipel and Jens Debusschere to strive for a win. Greipel didn't race since the Tour. We will decide who's to be our main sprinter day by day.'

http://www.lottobelisol.be/en/preview-eneco-tour-2057.htm

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

But he should have rode, and sky only confirmed the change this afternoon, and it was tweeted by the official Eneco tour

And he won't be in much longer as I now have the startlist (which seems to be more up to date than PCS)

enrique replied to TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

... I now have the startlist (which seems to be more up to date than PCS)

I guess if it's the official start list it then it makes sense for it be more up-to-date than PCS...  39 I believe as soon as PCS see it, they'll update their list, too... But I feel pretty good that PCS does a fine job with their 'confirmed' teams... even the 'official' start lists have to be updated, which you and G have obviously had to do, even if they're 'official', but once a team has a 'confirmed' green checkmark on PCS, as Team Sky had today and yesterday, I think they those riders can be trusted as starters, barring unforeseen circumstances which would probably take the race organizers by surprise, too... Good job with the constant updates, though, TER! Fantastic!  1

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

Cheers ray, good preview that thanks  41

Purist team completely riped apart after reading that  35

ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes

Here is perhaps the best preview of it that I've seen

http://www.podiumcafe.com/2014/8/6/5973171/because-you-asked-nay-demande...

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Finally picked my teams after much deliberation. Loads of sprinters in this!

0 likes

The start list isn't my issue its the lack of profiles. I know the stages are flat but would still be nice to see if there are any nasty bumps to make a difference to a stage finish  39
(referring to official site before anyone gets offended)

ray silvester replied to livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

The start list isn't my issue its the lack of profiles. I know the stages are flat but would still be nice to see if there are any nasty bumps to make a difference to a stage finish  39
(referring to official site before anyone gets offended)

The last 3 have a few 'bergs' in them listed in the 'details' section of the stage if you look on the maps on PCS or Cycling Fever startlists plus a little profile at the bottom.....but you need to magnify it a bit to make sense of it

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I loaded the OFFICIAL provisional startlist last night.

PCS can take a run and jump, they are not official and take things from left right and centre.

We only use OFFICIAL startlists and results from the UCI or OFFICIAL sites to do the scoring.

enrique replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

...PCS can take a run and jump...

That's unprofessional...  45

Gkam84 wrote:

... OFFICIAL startlists... OFFICIAL sites...

THANK YOU.

0 likes
enrique wrote:

PCS is showing a confirmed Sky team without Wiggins, but the game is showing Wiggins...

Gkam84 wrote:

... PCS... take things from left right and centre...

I guess PCS can be trusted when they have their team 'Confirmed'. Team Sky does not (!) show Wiggins on their Eneco lineup:

http://www.teamsky.com/races/0,27631,2014,00.html#month=08

Whew!  41

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

The Eneco line-up isn't right on the game for a number of riders

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

PCS is showing a confirmed Sky team without Wiggins, but the game is showing Wiggins... Who's right?... Crap!...  39

0 likes

Cheers team  41

dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes

NOW

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

When we are ready to open it, lol.

Should be open today at some point. I loaded the provisional list lastnight.

0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

When we are ready to open it, lol.

That's rude...  45

Latest Comments