Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour of Poland stage 5

Weirdly inconsistent start times for the stages this week - yesterday started over 3 hours earlier than today! Its good though, means I can watch it after work (starts 1pm UK time, finish approx 5:45).

Most of the stage is in Slovakia so I picked Peter Velits as well as three Poles, and the rest seems a bit random too. I don't think the climbs are that steep, so it really is unpredictable today!

Majka
Marczynski
Niemiec
P Velits
Arredondo
Weening
Zakarin
Ignatenko
Vakoc
(no pens, but used all my transfers)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

16 comments

silas chime | 9 years ago
0 likes

Just one point short of only my second ever stage win  102

Giro 2013 stage 18 was my last one  20

simon F | 9 years ago
0 likes

Is there any reason why I can't see "all riders" in the filter drop-down, or am I the only one? I can only see "in startlist" and "popular riders".

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Damn!

Twybaydos | 9 years ago
0 likes

1,3,5,6,7 plus Vakoc is second in GC, less 20 pens.

Annoying I took Haller out for Rebellin and a pen

chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, Mezgec out - quite a few of the sprinters are listed to start Eneco on Monday so wouldn't be surprised if a few more don't start tomorrow.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Mine for today.

Rafal Majka (TSB)
Julian David Arredondo (TFR)
Davide Formolo (CAD)
Ilnur Zakarin (RVL)
Peter Velits (BMC)
Sebastian Henao (SKY)
Fabio Silvestre (TFR)
Warren Barguil (GSH)
Konrad Dabkowski (POL)

Majka, Formolo, Henao and Bargui have to make time up today ahead of the TT. Zakarin is a good, cheap climber, Velits is Slovak and a good TTer so if he can keep in touch then he will be in with a shout of the overall. And Arredondo is so far back he is just going for stages today and tmw.

Twybaydos | 9 years ago
0 likes

Mezgec has pulled out. I didn't think about Peter Velits being Slovak when I picked my team last night. 7 transfers 2 pens

Samu Sanchez
Majka
Formolo
Geniez
Rebellin (boo!)
Ion Izaguirre
Barguil
Plus 3-4 points for Vakoc in the sprint comp and Maikin sitting there looking pretty

Joelsim replied to Twybaydos | 9 years ago
0 likes
Twybaydos wrote:

Mezgec has pulled out. I didn't think about Peter Velits being Slovak when I picked my team last night. 7 transfers 2 pens

Samu Sanchez
Majka
Formolo
Geniez
Rebellin (boo!)
Ion Izaguirre
Barguil
Plus 3-4 points for Vakoc in the sprint comp and Maikin sitting there looking pretty

I wish I could work out how the sprint competition works or how points are scored, or how I can see who is in which position at the start and the end of the day. But alas.

chrisdstripes replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

I wish I could work out how the sprint competition works or how points are scored, or how I can see who is in which position at the start and the end of the day. But alas.

Its called the "most aggressive rider" classification for some reason - they did the same last year. I've been looking at it on CN each day, its underneath the mountains standings - http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/tour-de-pologne-2014/stage-4/results

There are 2 sprints today and 1 tomorrow, 3,2,1 for the first three - Krizek leads on 11, with Vakoc and Taciak on 6.

Joelsim replied to chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:
Joelsim wrote:

Its called the "most aggressive rider" classification for some reason - they did the same last year. I've been looking at it on CN each day, its underneath the mountains standings - http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/tour-de-pologne-2014/stage-4/results

There are 2 sprints today and 1 tomorrow, 3,2,1 for the first three - Krizek leads on 11, with Vakoc and Taciak on 6.

Crazy. Why can't they just score the points on the points classification. It's a nonsense.

enrique replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

chrisdstripes wrote:

Its called the "most aggressive rider" classification... Krizek leads...

Joelsim wrote:

... Why can't they just score the points on the points classification...

It's sad and confusing... and kind of an irrelevant standing mainly compared to the actual 'Points' compeition... Michael Matthews has 47 points in the Points competition and well, Chris says Krizek has 11 on the 'Most Aggressive' classification... I still don't understand why they chose to ignore the actual points competition and instead decided to score this other jersey... It makes so little sense to me... I hope they change their mind next year and if only always score the Points competition and add other ones at will...

chrisdstripes replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

It's sad and confusing... and kind of an irrelevant standing mainly compared to the actual 'Points' compeition... Michael Matthews has 47 points in the Points competition and well, Chris says Krizek has 11 on the 'Most Aggressive' classification... I still don't understand why they chose to ignore the actual points competition and instead decided to score this other jersey... It makes so little sense to me... I hope they change their mind next year and if only always score the Points competition and add other ones at will...

Nah, its better as it is - the more ways for cheap guys to score, the better.

ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes

That's a good shout on the raid into Slovakia today Stripey......either of the Velits boys are good picks then.

Has Mezgec pulled out?

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

Purist should make me some points finally

Weening
Arrendondo
Ryder
Deignan
De gendt
Moser
Stepniak
Ignatenko
Kasperkiewicz

ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes

This is where my Purist team should start to make it's bid for FSUCI pts....people who can handle a minor summit finish,descend and TT

EBH
Hushovd
Sammy Sanchez
Hesjedal
Henao
Jungels
Nordhaug
Hamsen
Franczak

Used all 5 transfers in standard

OUT:EBH,Matthews,Hushovd,K.Fernandez,Hutarovich

IN:Majka,Sanchez,Cunego,Monfort,Hesjedal

plus:Hansen,Gasparotto,Vakoc,Paterski

Krizek out for stage 4 wasn't good but at least it was for Vakoc.....I'll be interested to see how many go for Ryder(enrique's normally good at finding that sort of thing out).

Talking of enrique....his tweet of Le Petit Prince's knee hasn't cheered me up much but I'm trying to persuade myself that if he hasn't abandoned then he must think it's a race for him?

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

Absolutely clueless for today

Majka
Arrendondo
Santamortia
Henao

Bos
Hutaroavich
Stepniak
Vakoc
Kern

Look at bringing in TT's tomorrow who have done well today. Thinking maybe ludvigsson  39

Latest Comments