Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Kinesis Aithein Build

Dear all,

I am about to embark on a build of a Kinesis Aithein, with a focus on weight and aggressiveness- this ain't gonna be no all day tourer.  4

At present I am also struggling to decide on the colour - black is drawing me in, but those other colours are slexy too!

Any riders of Aitheins - please give me your advice and feedback on the bike, how is the sizing etc? I'm around 5,8 and will be going for a 53cm frame - probably with a 110mm or 120mm stem.

Most likely I'll be going for SRAM Force 22, although may get drawn on a bit of Campy Chorus if the mood takes me...  19

Regarding wheels. I see alot of builds with Reynolds attack or assault on the bike. However, I'm struggling to source these wheels - any advice or feedback? I like to climb, but I live in Belgium, so if I run carbon wheels, they will need to stand up to being battered on pavé.

With best,

Mik

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

32 comments

CarbonBreaker replied to notfastenough | 9 years ago
0 likes

mine... stem has been flipped since the phot was taken, awesome bike built from the reused parts from a Tarmac of mine that broke (no more plastic for me). I love it almost as much as my Enigma Excel!

Mrmiik replied to CarbonBreaker | 9 years ago
0 likes

Nice - good pedal choice - I've got the same going on mine.

Pages

Latest Comments