Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

1980's Peugeot Road bike restoration - HELP needed please!

Hello All,

I have recently purchased a 1980's Peugeot Raod bike - See attached images - for a restoration project over the summer.
I need some help identifying the model/year etc so i can find out the correct components to fit, and threadings etc for bottom brackets and head sets. I have included a list os the parts i have and brand if this will help at all.

Atax stem
Mafac Brakes
Simplex front and back derailleur
Simplex gear shifter levers
Stamping on rear wheel mounting slot = B20228648 (see image)

Can any one help me to idenify the model/year or adive the likely bottom bracket and head st thread type/size.
I Understant french bike of this age coule be English/french/swith threaded.

Thanks for any help.

L

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

lmarriott1987 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Thank you for your help - i have tried to post on the other forum.
I only paid very little for it, so im using it as a learning tool.

Thank you both for your help.

chokofingrz | 9 years ago
0 likes

cyclespeugeot.com suggests that the checkers were only used 1979-1983. Unfortunately this doesn't help at all in narrowing down the threading of the BB or head set size. You will find a few more suggestions on that site. The dropout serial number may have been added by a bike shop and doesn't offer any clues.

My first thought was, I hope you didn't pay very much for it, as you can find much better Peugeot frames (with parts, working, minimal rust) for less than £100, without looking very hard.

therevokid | 9 years ago
0 likes

your absolute best bet in this quest would be to pop on over to retrobike
and post this question up in the road section ... If they can't answer you I
suspect no one can  1

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=56

lmarriott1987 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Images attached now!

Latest Comments