Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

More Garmin 800 help Please!!!

Can some one help?  102
If I plan a route with Garmin Connect, when it's transferred to the 800 I have no data showing on the route profile screen. Ive checked for seetings on the unit and in Connect to no avail.
Anyone?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

wellcoordinated | 9 years ago
0 likes

I use Bikeroutetoaser to load routes to my my humble Garmin 405. It works really great much better than Garmin connect. Admittedly the 405 doesn't have a profile, but if there isn't any profile info that means that there's no elevation data coming from Garmin connect digital terrain model.

Garmin software is so crappy isn't it. let's see. Basecamp - crappy; Training Centre - crappy; Garmin connect - crappy. All three software packages trying to do more or less the same thing but all crappy.

Use Bikeroutetoaser it's free and much better than Garmin anything.

Colin Peyresourde | 9 years ago
0 likes

Does anyone know what happened with Biketoaster? That gave the profiles, but I can't use it now.

I've only ever got profiles from rides I've already done. The Garmin Connect doesn't seem to include that information.

TheFatAndTheFurious | 9 years ago
0 likes

I get the same when I export from Strava or Garmin Connect.

I do however have success with routes planned on ridewithgps.com

Let us know if you solve it some other way?

arfa | 9 years ago
0 likes

From memory, I think you have to copy/export the route into the "new files" folder on the unit and then somehow it ends up in the routing section. Make sure you "eject" the device as well

Latest Comments