Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro D'Italia Stage 1 - TTT

Yeah, it's two days away. So what? I'm excited!  105  4

Anyone any thoughts on team selection? I've strong track record in ballsing up TTTs; not sure whether to just basically pick a team for stages two and three and just take whatever I get from stage one as a bonus (also banking plenty of transfers), or to play the stage for real with two fellas each from teams I'm expecting to make top five, then take the hit on penalty points to get a viable sprint posse.

I'd booked Friday off work ages ago, but didn't realise/check that it was a TTT - my least favourite of all the disciplines to watch.  40

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

44 comments

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

Let battle commence  41
Hoping for an improvement this year
2012-346th  2
2013-2378th  24

Standard

5 Italians
2 Aussies
1 Brit
1 Spaniard

Purist

Evans
Pirazzi
Quintana
Viviani
Pozzivivo
Cunego
Arrendondo
Gatto
Henao

Theinvisiblecyclist | 9 years ago
0 likes

Well I'm going 7 sprinters and two guys who TTT well with two changes in mind for stage 2

enrique replied to Theinvisiblecyclist | 9 years ago
0 likes
Theinvisiblecyclist wrote:

Well I'm going 7 sprinters and two guys who TTT well with two changes in mind for stage 2

Ha ha ha! Brilliant! Welcome back, dude!  1 Well played!  1

chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes

There's nothing more frustrating in this game than loading your team up with sprinters and then seeing them all come crashing down in the last km...

chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes

Really enjoyed picking my teams for this - so many options! For me, the TTT has one team nailed on, with 2 close behind, and then the rest is a bit of a lottery, so apart from a couple of guys I've just picked for Saturday as its too unpredictable.

Lots of sprinters - on wet, narrow, winding roads in Ireland with every team trying to get to the front, I hope everyone stays upright...

Ghedebrav replied to chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

Lots of sprinters - on wet, narrow, winding roads in Ireland with every team trying to get to the front, I hope everyone stays upright...

Indeed - and I'm wondering what kind of chaos Bouhanni will wreak in the final sprint! Had a look at the odds for the Irish stages but I wouldn't be surprised if the whole lot get skittled and some Pierre Randome takes the win.

ray silvester replied to chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

Really enjoyed picking my teams for this - so many options! For me, the TTT has one team nailed on, with 2 close behind, and then the rest is a bit of a lottery, so apart from a couple of guys I've just picked for Saturday as its too unpredictable.

highly unlikely with lunatics like Farrar,Chicchi and Ferrari in the peloton....wonder what odds you'd get on one of them crashing before we leave The Emerald Isle?

chiv30 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'd tell you what I'm doing but I doubt you would see it lol

northstar | 9 years ago
0 likes

It must suck to be pig...

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

That is what I have done too.

I just posted my Purist team and then deleted it as I don't want you crafty f*ckers taking my picks  20

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

In theory, have my sprinters from teams that should do well, + a couple of fillers, but need to bring in at least 2 sprinters for stage 1 from teams unlikely to do well.

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

Gone the same way as stumps. Picked riders who should figure in stages 1,2,3 but from team's that will do well in TTT! Can't wait  4 had a good start to last year's but fell away after a few poor transfers.

Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes

I know what you mean, this is my favourite GT despite Froome and Wiggins in the tour i love watching this race.

My team for friday is built around my team for Saturday onwards with 2, already planned, riders to come in.

Cant wait for it to start  4  4  4  4

VVV73 replied to Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes

Standard

Evans
EBH
Matthews
Pettachi
Swift
Ventoso
Lancaster
Bozic