Home

This is just something light hearted so people get an idea of what others listen to, if anything.

At my age some of the groups are probably unknown to some forum users !

Anyway i've got various compilations including the major ones of:

Big Country
Simple Minds
Proclaimers
Sex Pistols
Madness
Undertones
The Jam
Spear of Destiny
plus a whole host of others.

As i said its just a bit light hearted

19 comments

Avatar
d_jp [126 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Sounds like some fun, here are a few from me:
Snow Patrol
Foo Fighters
Jamiroquai

Avatar
fullers1979 [45 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Foo fighters
Snow patrol
Stereophonics
Kaiser chiefs
The killers
And AC/DC always helps to lift the tempo!

Turbo training album anyone?! With the rest of the other rubbish in the charts we could have a Christmas no 1!  3

Avatar
neildmoss [291 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Woodkid - Run Boy Run

Avatar
keith roberts [204 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Silverstar - Andy Partridge
His Nibs- Neil Cowley Trio
Talkin' All That Jazz- Stetsasonic
Chocolate- The 1975
Looking For Clues- Robert Palmer
Yeah Yeah (D Ramirez Radio Edit)- Bodyrox Feat. Luciana
Crying Lightning- Arctic Monkeys
Sweet Home Alabama- Lynyrd Skynyrd
Years Later- Cactus World News
Connection- Elastica
Got To Keep On [Radio Version]- Cookie Crew
Planet Ride- Julian Cope
Little Monster- Royal Blood
I Should've Known- Aimee Mann
Wonder Annual - Andy Partridge
Don't Tell Me- Blancmange
Fall At Your Feet- Crowded House
Broon's Bane- Rush

Playlist 16.....

Avatar
allez neg [497 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Anything fast, loud, and grrr.

Avatar
BBB [409 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Good suggestions for a... recovery ride  3

For intervals I'd pick something more like a Knife Party...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSemARaqGqE

Avatar
purplemadwoman [31 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes
Avatar
Him Up North [235 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Monstercat's 1 hour mixes http://youtu.be/_XvR6urk9UA

Avatar
fatbeggaronabike [813 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

How about.......
on the warm up
Start by The Jam then
All fired up by Pat Benatar
Mustang sally by Buddy Guy (or for youngsters The Commitments)
No way but the hard way by Airbourne
Unleash the albannach by The Albannach
Try (just a little bit harder) by Kozmic blues band (Janis Joplin)
This wheels on fire by Siouxsie and the Banshees
The Wheel by Spear of Destiny
Wheels by Family
Wheels of fire by Judas Priest
and on the warm down
Wheels of confusion by Black Sabbath

Avatar
SB76 [102 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Some crackers up there but for me, sometimes, i need something with a serious beat so - orbital, chemical brothers, underworld

Avatar
kev77 [3 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

The Boiler Room DJ Sets

Especially Nicole Moudaber!

Gets you stomping!

ha ha

Avatar
andybnk [97 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Bluegrass

Avatar
Tjuice [192 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes
allez neg wrote:

Anything fast, loud, and grrr.

Prodigy - Fat of the Land (the whole album).
My favourite turbo trainer album of all time. Not long enough for a long session (I'm not great at the really long turbo sessions), but for a high intensity session, I've never found anything to beat it.

Avatar
arfa [747 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes
Tjuice wrote:
allez neg wrote:

Anything fast, loud, and grrr.

Prodigy - Fat of the Land (the whole album).
My favourite turbo trainer album of all time. Not long enough for a long session (I'm not great at the really long turbo sessions), but for a high intensity session, I've never found anything to beat it.

Add in music for the jilted generation, that'll up the tempo  3

Avatar
mooleur [537 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Used to DJ techno lots so loaaaads of mixes of that stuff, and some progressive house on my playlists. Nice bouncy bassy stuff.  1

SLAYER as well, mmmmmmm.

My spotify is getting a bit messy at the moment, it goes from classical to DNB far too quickly for a constructive training session!

Avatar
AWPeleton [3310 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes
mooleur wrote:

Used to DJ techno lots so loaaaads of mixes of that stuff, and some progressive house on my playlists. Nice bouncy bassy stuff.  1

SLAYER as well, mmmmmmm.

My spotify is getting a bit messy at the moment, it goes from classical to DNB far too quickly for a constructive training session!

Yep i know what you mean, my ipod jumped from The Clash to Amazing Grace performed by the mass bands of the Scots Guards ! not a good way to keep your momentum going.

Avatar
mooleur [537 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes
stumps wrote:
mooleur wrote:

Used to DJ techno lots so loaaaads of mixes of that stuff, and some progressive house on my playlists. Nice bouncy bassy stuff.  1

SLAYER as well, mmmmmmm.

My spotify is getting a bit messy at the moment, it goes from classical to DNB far too quickly for a constructive training session!

Yep i know what you mean, my ipod jumped from The Clash to Amazing Grace performed by the mass bands of the Scots Guards ! not a good way to keep your momentum going.

Hahaha brilliant, good interval training though!!

Avatar
keith roberts [204 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Main Title- Marco Beltrami
Take Me I'm Yours- Squeeze
Testify [Live]- Stevie Ray Vaughan
Hyperactive!- Thomas Dolby
Reelin' In The Years- Steely Dan
Givin' The Dog A Bone- AC/DC
Good Morning, Mrs. Smith- Street Sweeper Social Club
Slither- Velvet Revolver
Fun It- Queen
No One Knows- Queens Of The Stone Age
Caught By The Fuzz- Supergrass
Desert Inn -Yello
Papa's Got a Brand New Pigbag (Remix)- Pigbag
Water Into Wine- Tim Finn
Heart Out- The 1975
Scar Tissue- Red Hot Chili Peppers
Free- Télépopmusik
Don't Let's Start- They Might Be Giants
This Lullaby- Queens Of The Stone Age
Broon's Bane- Rush

playlist 8...

Avatar
spin sugar [48 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Love this - always good to get more ideas. Depends on the type of session but this is a small selection of my current faves:

Sweetness - Jimmy Eat World
Getting Better - Shed 7 (I know, I was a teenager in the Britpop era, what can I say?)
Blue Orchid - White Stripes
Infinity Guitars - Sleigh Bells
Bang Bang Bang - Mark Ronson
And +1 for Prodigy (Omen is on my list at the moment)