Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Deep Breath Everyone

Lets all calm down now guys! We've all got one week off, then we can get back to it!

Jeez!!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

129 comments

northstar | 9 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

No Chiv, you have been asking questions and getting answers, Some have just been answering their own questions and then demanding more answers

As have I, next?

I couldn't care what you post about FoS i know more about it than you (or anything for that matter, you and others have shown your true colours).

It's very ironic who is dragging this back up now ; )

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

No Chiv, you have been asking questions and getting answers, Some have just been answering their own questions and then demanding more answers  3

Northstar, here is a definition of Freedom of speech for you

"Freedom of speech is the political right to communicate one's opinions and ideas using one's body and property to anyone who is willing to receive them."

For freedom of speech to work, you need someone to listen, unfortunately with your constant going over a subject that has been covered and answered, no-one is willing to receive you "freedom of speech"

johnny2names | 9 years ago
0 likes

Jeez, this thread has become tedious.

Yes, it's a bit cheap to select riders in a break after the stage has just started.
No, it's not cheating.
No, road cc are not liable to be hounded in court for it.
Slightly unfortunate, but mistakes happen, let's move on.

However, northstar's trolling has taken a turn for the worse, and I would request that he be banned for his language abuse. You lose your right to freedom of speech when you become abusive.

End of.

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Just been discussing posting privileges with someone else, banning northstar will do nothing, because he/she is the type of arrogant mofo who would set up another account to complain about it

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Once a race is open, I cannot adjust deadlines, only boss man can do that. All I do is set up races, do startlists and points. I do not have the power to open/close races or adjust anything once a race has started. As Dave found out just recently, he thought I had more options that I actually did.

It is maybe something for him to think about, but to be fair, there are four of us running races and I cross between them all, setting up stages well in advance, I've got every stage set up till the end of Tour De France at the moment. I load in startlists and do scores when others aren't available. But there cannot be someone on hand 24/7, no matter how much I'd like to be. So if a problem comes up, it cannot always be sorted right away.

Also, I did take a nice big penalty in Volta Catalunya: Stage 5

1103= http://fantasy.road.cc/leagues?action=show&ldtid=3&sid=7905

enrique replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Once a race is open, I cannot adjust deadlines...

Wow. I was under the impression you could. I appreciate the response...

northstar | 9 years ago
0 likes

There has been cheating and you are the one that needs to "get over yourself", you and others are the problem here.

That is not your decision to make, i will keep on until it is reversed.

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

As has been addressed, there has been no cheating and nothing is going to be reversed. So get over yourself.

freespirit1 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Cannot think who this could apply to, not you Northstar surely.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Abraham Lincoln

mooleur | 9 years ago
0 likes

Oh my god.....

.....THEY ARE ALL THE SAME AS COLIN!!!!

This is like an episode of Jeremy Kyle.

drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes

Every community has a few cranks, at least it's clear who ours are.

northstar | 9 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

But they're fun!

I can see them for what they really are ; )

Quote:

even though I agree the points were 'ill-gotten'

Quote:

I fully agree it was a 'deceptive' way of getting points

Cheating.

Quote:

nor was it the intention of the competition organizer that the competition be held with that type of an advantage available to some users

I beg to differ.

The pathetic "personal" attacks just prove I am right : ).

Quote:

I just honestly believe they will not go back on his decision

I beg to differ : )

mooleur | 9 years ago
0 likes

...you don't get out much, do you?

northstar | 9 years ago
0 likes

The pathetic "personal" attacks just prove I am right : ).

hatchet harry | 9 years ago
0 likes

mooleur | 9 years ago
0 likes

Also, to add, can anyone actually remember the title post of this thread????  22

Without wanting to bring too much leftism into this, erm, can't everyone just damn well get along?

Honestly. Used to be sound here.

cgipryan | 9 years ago
0 likes

Initially, I tried a bit to stop this nonsense, but now I frankly see a lot of potential PhD theses in this (not necessarily good ones, mind you, 'cause I don't pretend to be able to judge)... However, any professor would tell you that ad hominem attacks (or accusations) have no place in PhD theses, so if somehow those were to disappear, I would be wholeheartedly willing to cheer you all on now...

pcsplace | 9 years ago
0 likes

If this is what happens when we have a week off from fantasy cycling I think we should start adding cat 3/4 races and go-races to the competition to keep everyones mind on the real reason we are here  35

northstar | 9 years ago
0 likes

*smiles*

dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes

i should never have closed the first thread, this had been *so* constructive.

giff77 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Nah, Dave. I suggest you shut this one down as well and see if another pops up in its place. It's better than daytime TV. Especially as I can't get out on the bike right now.

northstar | 9 years ago
0 likes

When is the cheating going to be reversed?

themartincox | 9 years ago
0 likes

This is still going?

I thought after Godwin's Law was invoked you could/should shut the thread?

themartincox | 9 years ago
0 likes

This is still going?

I thought after Godwin's Law was invoked you could/should shut the thread?

northstar | 9 years ago
0 likes

So when is the cheating going to reversed?

ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes

drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes

I think I speak for everyone enrique when I say that I've stopped reading your essays.

Brevity is a virtue and you'd have much greater success at getting your point across with concise arguments and short, to the point posts.

northstar | 9 years ago
0 likes

That has no legal standing whatsoever, when is the cheating going to reversed?

0 likes

it's not going to be considered cheating, and it's not going to be reversed.

you have three options:

1) carry on
2) have a £10 refund
3) keep on posting in this thread if you think it'll make a difference.

0 likes

oh and if you do 3), don't forget to keep on liking your own posts  39

Pages

Latest Comments