Deep Breath Everyone

by backflipbedlem   March 31, 2014  

Lets all calm down now guys! We've all got one week off, then we can get back to it!

Jeez!!

125 user comments

Latest 30 commentsNewest firstBest ratedAll

I won't : )

When is the 'cheating' going to reversed?

posted by northstar [1083 posts]
3rd April 2014 - 16:50

like this
Like (3)

dave Atkinson wrote:
northstar wrote:

Which is not addressing the problem at all, when is the cheating going to reversed?.

i refer you to my reply in the first thread, again. also to the terms and conditions of the game, and specifically this bit:

Quote:
Farrelly Atkinson will take reasonable precautions to ensure that the game functions correctly at all times

Dave i hate to put a damper on your legal jargon but the very quote above indicates that the company in question made reasonable precautions ....so playing devils advocate here.

For the benefit of the complainant could you outline what "reasonable precautions" said company took to ensure the clock change wouldn't have an adverse effect on the game play the following morning?

Devil

As I said just devils advocate so putting that out there ( no I don't want my tenner I'm enjoying the game and the banter)

posted by chiv30 [841 posts]
3rd April 2014 - 16:50

like this
Like (3)

northstar wrote:
When is the "cheating" going to be reversed?

3rd April 2014 - 16:51

like this
Like (4)

northstar wrote:
Which is not addressing the problem at all, when is the cheating going to reversed?.

I think you should take it straight up to Brian Cookson and the UCI if the matter continues unresolved to your satisfaction Waiting

Vive Le Road.cc Fantasy Cycling Game!

posted by enrique [1479 posts]
3rd April 2014 - 16:53

like this
Like (2)

chiv30 wrote:
Actually... I... found it quite pleasant and... light hearted...

Thank you!

3rd April 2014 - 16:57

like this
Like (2)

keyboard warriors!

Jeez you'd think people would have better things to do than moan about something so trivial.

I missed the opportunity, so what. The most it would have cost someone is A dhb Glitch long sleeve jersey.....

posted by rcorbin [208 posts]
3rd April 2014 - 17:14

like this
Like (1)

Nice try backflip with the "Deep breath everyone" post! Unfortunately some people have followed their deep breath with a mass exhalation of guff (none of which I have been able to bring myself to read).

I may have never used the word "guff" before in a sentence. Ho hum.

Lets get racing again people!

chrisdstripes's picture

posted by chrisdstripes [1531 posts]
3rd April 2014 - 17:40

like this
Like (2)

Waiting I've been giving this some serious thought... I think the only way to right this situation is to allow the deadline for the next race to run over by exactly one hour. Right now the deadline for the Tour of Flanders reads' Deadline in: 02d 15h 49m.' The right thing to do is to let the race start, let a breakaway get established and let everyone, including and, obviously, especially (!), northie, of course, to select the established breakaway for their team.

However (!) Big Grin Road.cc should block! Big Grin I say block (!) the accounts of those who had the 'gall' to 'sneakily' and 'criminally' exploit the server clock error, namely Gkam, Ray and Wig Billy, and any other 'offenders' that can be confirmed in the next 02d 15h 49m to prevent them from making changes to their accounts after (!) the race has started.

If you think about it, it's the only fair thing to do. Those of us who don't care will play the game without tampering with our selections because we see it fit to play that way Big Grin

Those who want to play the game by selecting the breakaway will have a chance to do so and 'undo' the damage inflicted on them in the previous competition and 'repay' the 'perpetrators' with a dose of their own medicine! Big Grin That (!) is Justice (!) with a capital 'J'! I say (!) Big Grin

You see, northie, what went wrong was not that they got the points, and you didn't (!) it was the fact that they got the opportunity to 'cheat', to play with knowledge of the breakaway, a knowledge that was not intended to be had because the race deadline is supposed to be before the race starts, and they took it (!). So I propose you (!) get the same opportunity, too! Big Grin To make things right for you! Smile

On the other hand, maybe Dave should allow you (!) and just (!) you to pick the breakaway in the next race. Maybe you can email him during the race or maybe you can post your selection on the forum for all to see, like Gkam did, so that you, too (!) can get to experience the thrill G and Billy and Ray did, knowing you put the entire breakaway on your squad! Yippee! Big Grin

You see, you don't get the points just because others did, you have to (!) be willing to do what they did, 'cheat'! Big Grin Wink

3rd April 2014 - 18:10

like this
Like (2)

For gods sake will people stop calling it cheating, its not - the chance to change your team was open to everyone, not just a few but EVERYONE and some people made their transfers at that time some didn't.

So how is that cheating ?????????????????????

The points will never ever be reversed so get over it and stop being a complete muppet.

If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it. Gaius Julius Caesar.

stumps's picture

posted by stumps [2655 posts]
3rd April 2014 - 19:58

like this
Like (1)

stumps wrote:
For gods sake will people stop calling it cheating, its not - the chance to change your team was open to everyone, not just a few but EVERYONE and some people made their transfers at that time some didn't.

The points will never ever be reversed so get over it and stop being a complete muppet.

Can I ask.....did you take advantage of the "loophole" ?

3rd April 2014 - 20:15

like this
Like (2)

stumps wrote:
... will people stop calling it cheating, its not.... how is that cheating?...

Are you dismissing the way northie feels about this? Thinking

3rd April 2014 - 20:26

like this
Like (3)

So yeah, it's still cheating "cunt".

3rd April 2014 - 21:07

like this
Like (2)

northstar wrote:
So yeah, it's still cheating "cunt".

Ok ....that's a bit harsh but I'm guessing you two have previous .. Thinking

3rd April 2014 - 21:21

like this
Like (2)

Someone here seems to think they can "police" "this place".

I guess that's what happens when they get brainwashed.

3rd April 2014 - 21:23

like this
Like (2)

Northstar

Give it up, by resorting to abuse you have lost the argument.

My post from last night seems even more appropriate.

posted by freespirit1 [138 posts]
3rd April 2014 - 21:27

like this
Like (1)

The argument was lost in the previous thread, when Dave set out what was going to happen, but Northstar decided to go on a one man vigilante style rampage and just demand things. Slowly hooking in a couple of comrades, but as has been the case, is being ignored by most and liking their own comments just looks stupid.

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8657 posts]
3rd April 2014 - 21:29

like this
Like (0)

LOL

OH.THE.IRONY.

I rest my case.

3rd April 2014 - 21:33

like this
Like (1)

Northstar

Have you never made a mistake?

An old boss of mine once told me: a man who never made a mistake never made anything.

posted by freespirit1 [138 posts]
3rd April 2014 - 21:39

like this
Like (2)

Gkam84 wrote:
The argument was lost in the previous thread, when Dave set out what was going to happen, but Northstar decided to go on a one man vigilante style rampage and just demand things. Slowly hooking in a couple of comrades, but as has been the case, is being ignored by most and liking their own comments just looks stupid.

LOL.

Nothing was set out - lie. (The "argument" is still as valid as it was when you decided to cheat.

I have "hooked" no one in (they have voiced their opinion of their own free will - you know what freedom of speech is right? ; ) ) - where as i'm sure you or others have, it's pretty obvious : )

Also another thing that needs to said is at first I wasn't that bothered, it was someone else who started this - I suspected it would be corrected in good faith - alas i was wrong which was when I jumped in.

Yes you do look pretty stupid Gkam, amongst other things : ).

3rd April 2014 - 21:47

like this
Like (4)

They are referring to me, it's funny because I couldn't care less about that, it's just yet another thing they seem to be "attacking" me with.

3rd April 2014 - 21:48

like this
Like (4)

Gkam wrote:

Sorry if im confused by the above comment but are you suggesting I am one of those that have been hooked?

I have always been and always will be my own person ....

I have asked stumps if he exploited the system without an answer
I asked the general populace if anything would change ...you answered that
I pointed out to Dave that ,1, the use of Godwin law as a form of censorship nullifies it's use and , 2, asked a question based on his own legal jargon both of which have been ignored
I have suggested north was out of order for use of the c bomb

I believe all of the above were legitimate statements/ questions which I as a paying individual had every right to ask/ state and expect a response

I have stated I am satisfied with your answer so how have I been hooked in?

Again if I'm confused and this wasn't including me then I'd be happy to hear confirmation from you on that Smile

Edit: I'd like to know how you can see who has liked comments because I'm pretty sure I haven't liked any of my own Worried

3rd April 2014 - 21:50

like this
Like (3)

Quote:
No Chiv, you have been asking questions and getting answers, Some have just been answering their own questions and then demanding more answers

As have I, next?

I couldn't care what you post about FoS i know more about it than you (or anything for that matter, you and others have shown your true colours).

It's very ironic who is dragging this back up now ; )

3rd April 2014 - 22:00

like this
Like (1)

No Chiv, you have been asking questions and getting answers, Some have just been answering their own questions and then demanding more answers Wink

Northstar, here is a definition of Freedom of speech for you

"Freedom of speech is the political right to communicate one's opinions and ideas using one's body and property to anyone who is willing to receive them."

For freedom of speech to work, you need someone to listen, unfortunately with your constant going over a subject that has been covered and answered, no-one is willing to receive you "freedom of speech"

Gkam84's picture

3rd April 2014 - 22:00

like this
Like (3)

Jeez, this thread has become tedious.

Yes, it's a bit cheap to select riders in a break after the stage has just started.
No, it's not cheating.
No, road cc are not liable to be hounded in court for it.
Slightly unfortunate, but mistakes happen, let's move on.

However, northstar's trolling has taken a turn for the worse, and I would request that he be banned for his language abuse. You lose your right to freedom of speech when you become abusive.

End of.

johnny2names's picture

posted by johnny2names [199 posts]
3rd April 2014 - 22:26

like this
Like (6)

Just been discussing posting privileges with someone else, banning northstar will do nothing, because he/she is the type of arrogant mofo who would set up another account to complain about it

Gkam84's picture

3rd April 2014 - 22:34

like this
Like (3)

chiv30 wrote:
stumps wrote:

Sorry mate been at work so just read your comment - the answer is no, i picked my team the day before and left it at that as i was at work the next morning.

If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it. Gaius Julius Caesar.

stumps's picture

posted by stumps [2655 posts]
3rd April 2014 - 22:59

like this
Like (2)

stumps wrote:
chiv30 wrote:
stumps wrote:

Sorry mate been at work so just read your comment - the answer is no, i picked my team the day before and left it at that as i was at work the next morning.

Fair enough we all gotta work Smile

And my reason for asking was simply that you seemed to be pushing the problem away as much as the people who did take advantage so was just wondering .

Cheers for the answer though

3rd April 2014 - 23:11

like this
Like (0)

northstar wrote:
... it's still cheating...

Well, I'm running out of ideas, but this (!) one may work! Thinking Gkam, why don't you take take a 50 point penalty in the next race and that way you voluntarily give up the points you gained with the breakaway? D Oh Crap, there's unlimited transfers for Flanders, that (!) won't work... Hmmm.... damn, Northie... what now? Waiting

I have to say this. I think Ray (below) was very upfront and (!) he brings up a point that's potentially more significant:

ray silvester wrote:
I freely admit to taking advantage of it by changing Gruzdev to Aregger after the break was known... I'm happy to have my 177 docked to 167... people are getting so worked up about it....yet barely a ripple when breakaway riders are scored that don't even finish without a mention of this rule change anywhere... Surely over the course of a season this will have much more effect on the final rankings than one breakaway being taken advantage of due to a clock change?

On another note, according to the Gent - Wevelgem thread, chris noted that the clocks were wrong at 10:09 30th March 2014:

chrisdstripes wrote:
Has the clocks going forward thrown out the transfer deadlines? eg this one says deadline is 11:25 UK time, but the race starts at 11:25 Belgian time. Just didn't want people to be able to make transfers once the race has started. Might be wrong... its all a bit confusing for me...

I think the transfer window was supposed to close at 11:30, if I'm reading correctly (http://fantasy.road.cc/stages)

Gkam84 posted his team at 12:27 30th March 2014.

G, I don't know if you have these system privileges, but could you have been able to close the window? I don't know how fair it would have been to notice the error and close the transfer window immediately, but in the worst case, it might have been better to close the window than to leave it open... chris and ray did both bring it up with enough time to have been able to close it at the posted time...

4th April 2014 - 0:59

like this
Like (0)

Once a race is open, I cannot adjust deadlines, only boss man can do that. All I do is set up races, do startlists and points. I do not have the power to open/close races or adjust anything once a race has started. As Dave found out just recently, he thought I had more options that I actually did.

It is maybe something for him to think about, but to be fair, there are four of us running races and I cross between them all, setting up stages well in advance, I've got every stage set up till the end of Tour De France at the moment. I load in startlists and do scores when others aren't available. But there cannot be someone on hand 24/7, no matter how much I'd like to be. So if a problem comes up, it cannot always be sorted right away.

Also, I did take a nice big penalty in Volta Catalunya: Stage 5

1103= http://fantasy.road.cc/leagues?action=show&ldtid=3&sid=7905

Gkam84's picture

4th April 2014 - 1:15

like this
Like (3)

Gkam84 wrote:
Once a race is open, I cannot adjust deadlines...

Wow. I was under the impression you could. I appreciate the response...

4th April 2014 - 2:01

like this
Like (0)