Home

Lets all calm down now guys! We've all got one week off, then we can get back to it!

Jeez!!

129 comments

pcsplace [20 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

Common sense  36

Tom Amos [236 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

Personally, I was quite enjoying the argument. Not really bothered about the scores. Negligible difference over the long term.

Pity that El Presidente Atkinsono has closed the thread. He'll be cycling around the Crimea next.

dave atkinson [6144 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

I'm sure it'll end up a bit like this for me

cgipryan [188 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

Thank God for the break, this heavy racing schedule was wearing me down... especially with these hard classics that need a longer recuperation time, and the ego-bruising that comes with taking a serious beating in them...

northstar [1108 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

This could have easily been avoided, at the least everyone else should receive the same amount of points as the person who profited the most.

enrique [2255 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes
northstar wrote:

... at the least everyone else should receive the same amount of points as the person who profited the most.

Wow. It means that much to you? I don't want the points. It feels ridiculous to go to that extreme. Give it a rest... Whichever way you go with this people will feel it's unfair to them... Anyways, what matters more to you, the points? Your standing in the competition? Playing the game fair and square? Playing by the rules? Playing on a level playing field? Winning?... Please don't tell me it's just about the points...

backflipbedlem [1190 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

lol, come on!

chiv30 [986 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes
northstar wrote:

This could have easily been avoided.

He is right on that point

As for closing the thread ....Nazi state ?

And as for Enrique and his comments .....they simply don't count due to his own shady past

As I said previously it got people talking , that's a good thing

cgipryan [188 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

Oh boy, I thought this was the Deep Breath thread...  7

0 likes

I've taken my breath , yes I was annoyed yesterday but tbh it's done and I never really expected anything to be done about it....just like last year.

0 likes
chiv30 wrote:

... I never really expected anything to be done about it....just like last year.

Why does it bother you so much?...

0 likes
enrique wrote:
chiv30 wrote:

... I never really expected anything to be done about it....just like last year.

Why does it bother you so much?...

Just to keep you happy and answer you......

It is a paid for game (admittedly a small price for the enjoyment) and as such you would expect a mistake like this not to happen again after it was exploited the previous year and then spoken about .

I can fully understand why there is such division on the forum over it and shutting the thread discussing it imo was also wrong , people use the forum and have debates on all things , the only reason I can see that it was closed is because it reflected badly on how the game, on that day, was run.

dave atkinson [6144 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes
chiv30 wrote:

you lose, and i'm out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

stumps [3184 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

chiv30, i thnk the thread was closed as it started to go round in circles and people were repeating and then repeating again what someone else had already repeatedley repeated  39

0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:
chiv30 wrote:

you lose, and i'm out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Under normal circumstances I'd agree however I believe you are trying to use Godwins law in a form of censorship to end the debate , therefore ....null and void  19

0 likes
stumps wrote:

chiv30, i thnk the thread was closed as it started to go round in circles and people were repeating and then repeating again what someone else had already repeatedley repeated  39

Fair enough , as I said was annoyed yesterday just a bit disappointed now tbh  1

0 likes

The cover up operation appears to be well underway.

Joelsim [1963 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

Let's just leave it fellas and play the game. Like Lampard's 'goal' against Germany, sometimes mistakes happen.

The mods spend much of their own time doing this so that we can have fun, it's obvious that it is a genuine mistake, so let's give them a break.

Joelsim [1963 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

There is something still not working on the timings though, my last post was a few minutes after enrique's post yet it has appeared before it.

0 likes
chiv30 wrote:

I'm lost on this. Other than Qatar I don't really remember a glitch where people took advantage of the system... It either didn't register on me or was I asleep  39

chiv30 wrote:

... shutting the thread... was... wrong...

Yeah, it was a little harsh. Maybe abrupt. But Dave was probably just trying to quiet down the forum and trying to keep us away from each other's throats, but here we are having the discussion anyways... I guess the matter wasn't settled to all the parties' satisfaction, was it? I mean, we're still here talking about it, right?  39

chiv30 wrote:

... the only reason... it was closed is because it reflected badly on... the game...

Yeah, it might have across that way, but I don't think that was the motivation to do it.

northstar wrote:

The cover up operation appears to be well underway.

Not really. You've blown it wide open. If Wig Billy or Ray or Gkam end up winning any competition by a margin of 20, 30, 40 or 50 points from someone else, I'm sure they'll be reminded again and again and again. No one will forget.

But is that in the spirit of this game? Dave took a decision not to dock any points and pointed at himself as the one you should direct your frustation to.

Dave Atkinson wrote:

... apologies for the mix up. We try not to make mistakes, but sometimes we make mistakes.... we won't be docking any points for the stage. No rules were broken....

There's no cover up. He said it was a mistake but also that he won't penalize people who didn't break any rules. If anything, the 'anything goes, I didn't do anything wrong' band probably feel pretty ostracized right now and they probably will think twice before doing it again, seeing how this has all developed. And if they don't, well, I guess you could always request that the FS league owner to 'eject' them from the league, if you feel that strongly about it. I don't. Wig Billy says he's out anyways. But Dave has outlined what he decided. Can you live with that?

Anyways, what are your options? Open up a league for people who will honor the principles of fair play and pledge not to enter riders after a stage has started or use any loophole that may arise? Hell, I'll commit to that, for as much as you can trust anything I say, given my 'past', but will you ever get over it without docking points from others or getting points assigned to you? Think about it. It's kind of sad if you don't.

northstar wrote:

... at the least everyone else should receive the same amount of points as the person who profited the most.

What is this about to you? I'll say it again. I really don't want the points. I think Twy said it best:

Twybaydos wrote:

Bit of perspective... GKam's... team... is now up to 2,092nd place overall. I think the Wiggle goodies are safe... I would chalk it up to experience... and... ensure it doesn't happen again...

As I said before, it feels ridiculous to go to that extreme. Wig Billy gave his side of the story. Ray faced the situation squarely. G laid it out and admitted he was playing around just to see 'how it compares to others scores'.

What's the fair thing to you? Dock these people's points? Dave said he would not do it. What is it about then? I think you and Joel and everybody else who noticed the loophole and did not use it were in the right! But, to borrow from the Qatar thread from last year at http://road.cc/content/forum/75879-tour-qatar-glitch:

Dave Atkinson wrote:

... just this once we'll reinstate people who made changes to their purist team... but the next time we screw up – and don't think it won't happen, folks – and you find you can make some purist transfers in-game, don't. because it's a purist team...okay?

drheaton wrote:

In that case can I have a 100 bonus for being a good boy?  4

Dave Atkinson wrote:

you get a warm righteous glow

drheaton wrote:

Just what I've always wanted  1

Well, you, sir, and Joel, and chiv can bask in that 'warm righteous glow' of being in the right, proper rerspectful citizens right now. By the way, nice choice of words, Mr. Atkinson!  4 All kidding aside, you're on the right side of the argument, but can you let it go?  39

Give it a rest... Again, whichever way you go with this people will feel it's unfair to them... And again, what matters more to you, the points? Your standing in the competition? Playing the game fair and square? Playing by the rules? Playing on a level playing field? Winning?... Please, please, please don't tell me it's just about the points...

0 likes

*yawns*

0 likes
northstar wrote:

*yawns*

Joelsim wrote:

Let's just leave it fellas and play the game.... it's obvious that it is a genuine mistake, so let's give them a break.

Good enough for me!  1

0 likes
Quote:

Let's just leave it fellas and play the game.... it's obvious that it is a genuine mistake, so let's give them a break.

No it isn't : )

simon F [993 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

Is this the right room for an argument?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

cherrypicked [166 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

Was there a dust up? Must have missed it.

Life's been busy. Had bambino #5 last week

stumps [3184 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

Let's just leave it fellas and play the game.

The mods spend much of their own time doing this so that we can have fun, it's obvious that it is a genuine mistake, so let's give them a break.

Totally agree with you, some scored by it some didn't. I didn't but i'm not bothered by that.

We will still get the usual muppet complaining though.

0 likes
northstar wrote:
Quote:

No it isn't : )

He's right.....again  41

mooleur [537 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes
cherrypicked wrote:

Was there a dust up? Must have missed it.

Life's been busy. Had bambino #5 last week

Congrats! ^_^

0 likes
simon F wrote:

Is this the right room for an argument?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

Ha ha ha! Had to follow it! Great!  1 "I'm really sorry but I'm not going to continue to argue unlesss you pay..." Hah ha ha! Precious!

notfastenough [3661 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

I promised myself that I would put more effort in this year. I picked my team for the TDU - then didn't make any transfers. Then my twins and milk/nappies etc got in the way and I missed all this. Sounds like a right bust up!

Pages