Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Proper Purist Classics Comp - Cobbled Together

We're back in northern Europe and on the classics run in after our Italian (mis) adventures.

The 11 teams featuring Peter Sagan were the big winners of the weekend after he racked up a cool 80 points single-handedly, more than a number of teams managed across all 9 riders.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

19 comments

Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes

4th at the end of the cobbles... I'll take that.

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Standings

0 likes

Scores

0 likes

Scores

archieboy | 9 years ago
0 likes

Interesting, no Roelandts at PR, advantage swings to Ghedebrav.

TERatcliffe26 replied to archieboy | 9 years ago
0 likes
archieboy wrote:

Interesting, no Roelandts at PR, advantage swings to Ghedebrav.

Not so sure, as we have the same big 5 riders that are likely to score. It would take a top 4 finish from Offredo, Hoogerland or Nuyens (he has Zoidl not riding) to overhaul the 22 point difference, or all of them in the break, or two of them just inside the top 10. Big ask for riders who have not been scoring, apart from Offredo in the placings of 11-20.

A Stybar podium, and a no score from GVA and its your lead.

drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes

Looking at my team I've been hurt by crashes, Stannard looked strong before going down, Roelandts too in RvV.

I really need a strong showing from Turgot, Gaudin and Sinkeldam (my wildcard) during Paris-Roubaix to pull me back up a few places as those are the riders I have that few others do. A 1-2-3 from those three would do me  21

drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes

Right, that's it from me. I'm away from Saturday for a couple of weeks so I'll hand over the reins to TERatcliffe for Paris-Roubaix and the Ardennes classics.

I'll be opening up a thread later this week for you to submit your Ardennes teams well before they kick off next week.

drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes

And graph thing:

drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes

Standings:

drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes

Post RvV scores:

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Well Ronde could be anyone's with Spartacus being less than on top form.

archieboy | 9 years ago
0 likes

Any advantage to be had seems to have gone to TER with StanHard ruled out of Ronde and PR.
The joys of purist games..

TERatcliffe26 replied to archieboy | 9 years ago
0 likes
archieboy wrote:

Any advantage to be had seems to have gone to TER with StanHard ruled out of Ronde and PR.
The joys of purist games..

Seems to be Stybar vs GVA and Roelandts, barring any of our lower priced riders picking up something, should be a good battle though

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

Not having Sagan seems to of written myself and a few others of by the looks of it  40

drheaton replied to livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

Not having Sagan seems to of written myself and a few others of by the looks of it  40

We'll see, I'm hanging on to 4th without Sagan but by the skin of my teeth.

The test will be the Ronde and Paris-Roubaix where having more mid-priced riders may make up for not having a Sagan who could quite easily be ridden out of the race.

As a reminder, here are your teams:

drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes

Graph thingy

drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes

Standings

drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes

Scores

Latest Comments