Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Podium Cafe VDS

Hello,

At the end of last year I said I'd be setting up an off-site league in one of the other bigger fantasy games.  The game is the Podium Cafe VDS and it is a year long squad based game.  You get a budget, pick a squad based on a set of rules then that's it.  No transfers, no picking teams, nothing.  You just have to trust your guys to go out and get you some points.

The game runs across both women's and men's racing the calendar is very extensive covering everything from Grand Tours to national championships.

An intro to the game can be found here - http://www.podiumcafe.com/2014/2/3/5370538/fsa-directeur-sportif-2014-starts-now

And the game itself is here - http://pdcvds.com/

League's don't seem to work too well so if anyone else is interested in competing we'll need to add each other to our own personal leagues, that means if you 're in you need to post your DS name and team name in this thread.  I'll keep track of the results through the year.

My details are:- DS name - drheaton Men's team - Mostly Hopeless Women's team - Right-handed OuOuOranges

Competitors: (DS - Men's Team - Women's Team)
TERatcliffe26 - TERatcliffe26
shutuplegs - Avengers:Age of Nick! - Ladies 1st
The Domestique - The Domestique
raysilvester1 - Big Rays Riders
Ghedebrav - Voodoo All Stars
Twybaydos - Topsport Torquay - Topsport Torquay Femennile
chiv30 - Carbon crutches and epo
Pure fantasy - Pure fantasy - Pure fantasy women

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

135 comments

ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes

Big Panzer starting to pick up some points now in the TT's.......his selectionbeing good or bad more or less rests on him winning the World's Team AND ITT?

Hope I haven't jinxd him as last time I bigged up a TT'er(Phinney) he broke his leg the next day  102

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

I stole the lead in the ladies  4
Thanks lizzie  8

1. shutuplegs Ladies 1st 8387
2. Twybaydos Topsport Torquay Femennile 8358
3. drheaton Right-handed OuOuOranges 7723
4. TERatcliffe26 TERatcliffe26 7539
5. Ghedebrav Voodoo All Stars 7032
6. Pure fantasy Pure fantasy women 5984
7. The Domestique The Domestique 5534

Dux89 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Plenty of people have Sagan, but Kwiatkowski and Coquard are my main differentiators from other teams in this Tour. Would love it if they'd just get a little closer.

0 likes

Yeah course I'd not really crossed checked our riders woohoo!

Twybaydos | 9 years ago
0 likes

This one slipped the radar, mainly because I set up a mini league on my VDS profile and forgot to tell you how things were going. Will post full final results soon but:

Dux89 won the mens competition
I won the ladies

On the basis I came second in mens and Dux didn't enter, I think I also won the combined.

I enjoyed playing, I thoroughly recommend this next year for those who missed out. If I recall teams have to be entered by February so get ready to unrealistically expect riders can carry their TDU form into the business end of the 2015 season.

Twybaydos replied to livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

I stole the lead in the ladies  4
Thanks lizzie  8

I have lizzie too, it's Ferrand-Prevot and Bronzini you should be thanking

0 likes

Uran,Rolland,Nizzolo,DeGendt,Jeannesson for me in Catalunya

Alan Tullett | 9 years ago
0 likes

Uran, Porte, Nieve, TvG, Atapuma, G Bennett, Rolland.

Not playing premium this year but this game gives me plenty of interest especially after an unexpectedly good MSR. Not a bad purist team really.

Part of me wishes I'd picked Contador now but I went for a young clean (I hope) team and as it wasn't oriented to the classics I'm pleased with my start but can't see TvG matching Contador somehow (and they both cost 16).

But if Swift and Lobato do well that would help a lot, especially as very few have Lobato I reckon.

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

J-Rod, Pozz, Basso, Arredondo, Atapuma, Degand, Geniez, Stetina

Safe to say im hoping for some points!

drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes

Looking at the list of top scorers I'm kicking myself for missing Colbrelli and Vanmarcke, both relatively cheap riders scoring decent points. Also, Swift looks like a cracking deal right now, 1 credit, 305 points after only 20 last year.

I considered Contador but decided that last year was the start of a major slide and that he wouldn't reach his old heights again. Personally, I'm amazed he's managed to reach his old level again although the proof will be over three weeks, at least for now he seems to be staking a claim to be considered a major contender for the Tour.

Twybaydos | 9 years ago
0 likes

Howard today

Kreuziger, Tejay, Arredondo, Bardet, Pozzovivo, Wilco, Zoidl, Atapuma, Geniez, Jeanneson, Degand and Lulu - this is the event where my second tier climbers are really going to shine.

Or not

0 likes

wednesday we've got - Dwars door Vlaanderen
- Settimana Internazionale Coppi e Bartali

drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes

You may find this handy for tracking your riders:

http://www.whereismyvdsteam.com/

0 likes

Porte felt 'empty' yesterday, came in down on time. I hope he recovers but fear another withdrawal. Might be good for Nieve though!

0 likes

Porte has now abandoned. Damn! Perhaps Nieve will step up in the pecking order. Not looking good for the Giro though.

0 likes

Good day for me. Swift and TvG winning! Even though we couldn't see any of the latter live! Still I learnt how to use my cheapo crane watch and heart strap and got it to link with my cheapo DKN ergometer (AM-3.0). Heart rate and watts for £270!! Beat that!

Twybaydos | 9 years ago
0 likes

Results after Trofeo Alfredo, GW and all Volta scores.

Nick came 3rd in the game for Trofeo - well done him.

Men - No changes, but TER only has one point less than the doctor
1. Twybaydos Topsport Torquay 3220
2. Pure fantasy Pure fantasy 2255
3. raysilvester1 Big Rays Riders 2097
4. drheaton Mostly Hopeless 2040
5. TERatcliffe26 TERatcliffe26 2039
6. Ghedebrav Voodoo All Stars 1865
7. The Domestique The Domestique 1589
8. chiv30 carbon crutches and epo 1314
9. shutuplegs Avengers:Age of Nick! 1107

Women
1. Twybaydos Topsport Torquay Femennile 3295
2. Ghedebrav Voodoo All Stars 2350
3.(4) shutuplegs Ladies 1st 2220
4.(3) Pure fantasy Pure fantasy women 1860
5.(6) drheaton Right-handed OuOuOranges 1485
6.(5) TERatcliffe26 TERatcliffe26 1385
7. The Domestique The Domestique 595

Combined (a count-back of overall place in each game rather than total score):
1. Twybaydos 25
2.(3) Ghedebrav 230
3.(2) PureFantasy 248
4.(5) drheaton 337
5.(4) TERatcliffe26 346
6. shutuplegs 349
7. The Domestique 472

drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes

http://www.whereismyvdsteam.com./ is basically telling me that I didn't pick enough classics riders, I've only got 5 in the Ronde:

Juan Jose Lobato, Michael Hepburn, Peter Sagan, Reinardt Janse van Rensburg & Steele Von Hoff.

Sagan is my only likely scorer from that so I need him to win.

Things are looking better for Pais Vasco though, I'll have a strong team of 6 out:

Bob Jungels, Kenny Elissonde, Michal Kwiatkowski, Rui Costa, Tim Wellens & Warren Barguil.

On the women's side I have 9 riding RvV:

Amy Cure, Anna van der Breggen, Charlotte Becker, Claudia Hausler, Elena Cecchini, Evelyn Stevens, Giorgia Bronzini, Inga Cilvinaite & Olga Zabelinskaya

Dux89 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Every time I see Contador's name on a stage race startlist and remember that he's not on my PCVDS team despite being so cheap, the "I've made a huge mistake" .gif plays in my head.

0 likes

Hoping for a move in the mens table!? Falling behind  2

4 for Ronde mens
9 for Pais Vasco
9 for Ronde ladies

0 likes

Well i've really suprised myself with my ladies team  4 shame the same can't be said about my men's?  35

Michael Matthews had a win today but the race doesn't count  20

drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, tough weekend for me but my team was always set up more with the stage races in mind so it's not a huge surprise. Fingers crossed my fairly strong team of 8 picks me up some points during Pais Vasco:

Benjamin King, Bob Jungels, Kenny Elissonde, Michal Kwiatkowski, Rui Costa, Sebastian Henao, Tim Wellens, Warren Barguil

0 likes

Nice Bronzini win today  4

0 likes

Got a lot for this week's race, 10 in all. My team is also set up for GC, although I need Porte to get better and TvG wasn't so great today but he doesn't like the steep stuff and can catch up in the TT. Kwia could win it if he can keep on hanging in there as he's good at TT along with TvG. Nieve 7th but tends to lose a lot in the TT so he'll need to stay right up there in 4. Also got Swift, Gerrans and possibly Morkov for the next two. Rui Costa is another possibility for a stage but was nowhere today. Atapuma, S Yates and Rolland are the rest. Not expecting much from them yet.

0 likes

Panzerwagon off the mark....at last

Twybaydos | 9 years ago
0 likes

Results after the Brabant. By the way, Dux 89 (Dane) also has a VDS team and I have added him to the league.

Men -
1. Twybaydos Topsport Torquay 4515
2. Dane C - Velohuman Pro Cycling 4318
3.(2) Ghedebrav Voodoo All Stars 3345
4.(3) Pure fantasy Pure fantasy 3220
5.(6) drheaton Mostly Hopeless 2890
6.(4) raysilvester1 Big Rays Riders 2872
7. The Domestique The Domestique 2674
8.(5). TERatcliffe26 TERatcliffe26 2649
9.(8). chiv30 carbon crutches and epo 1789
10.(9) shutuplegs Avengers:Age of Nick! 1747

Women
1. Twybaydos Topsport Torquay Femennile 4472
2. shutuplegs Ladies 1st 3265
3. Ghedebrav Voodoo All Stars 3116
4. Pure fantasy Pure fantasy women 2303
5. drheaton Right-handed OuOuOranges 2277
6. TERatcliffe26 TERatcliffe26 1835
7. The Domestique The Domestique 920

Combined (a count-back of overall place in each game rather than total score):
1. Twybaydos 39
2. Ghedebrav 194
3= PureFantasy 320
3=(4) shutuplegs 320
5. drheaton 368
6.TERatcliffe26 410
7. The Domestique 453

0 likes

Well with Vanendert, Gerrans and hopefully Matthews I've finally dragged my self off the bottom  35

Dux89 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Rigoberto Uran not riding these races is bombing my Podium Cafe team. Too many points for no results.

0 likes

Gerrans wins!!
1st and 3rd.

0 likes

510 for me nice one Gerrans  41

Pages

Latest Comments