Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Stage 21 under the lights

Final teams then for le tour?!

Cav to make it 5 wins in a row, or one of the Germans to win?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

68 comments

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Can only see Kittel challenging Cav, Greipel has lost one of his lead out and without a perfect train he rarely seems to win.

Out of interest, is the finish line in the same place this year? I know they've extended the circuit to include the Arc du Triomphe for the first time so wonder if they've moved the finish line further from the last corner?

Either way Cav/Kittel win, Greipel in third, Sagan top 6 with some of the part time sprinters making the top 10. WIll be interesting to see what Sky do today, does Thomas get a go in the sprint, does one of their rider have a go in the break?

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Ive got 4 of who I think will top 5, and rearranged my team to keep Quintana due to his 19 points. I won't win the stage but I can't see my team being beaten by a massive amount of points due to the way the credits work, unless someone has gone for a weird looking team and the stage pans out very different from whats expected

rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes

I've axed Quintana and Froome, any one who finishes 6th or above basically justifies dropping them, more so if they get intermediate points.

Big question is whether Sagan is worth 40 today? Do you go 2 2nd tier sprinters at the same cost?

Will reveal my team after the start, hopeful I can make the 70 points up. I think top has 2 transfers, he has 6 mountain guys though, really think there's a small chance I can sneak the overall.

Gkam84 replied to TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Ive got 4 of who I think will top 5, and rearranged my team to keep Quintana due to his 19 points. I won't win the stage but I can't see my team being beaten by a massive amount of points due to the way the credits work, unless someone has gone for a weird looking team and the stage pans out very different from whats expected

How on earth have you got 4 who could top 5 AND Quintana?

I have 4 of the top 5, but not a chance I could afford Quintana, I was struggling to get cheap enough riders

0 likes

Well I expect this to be the top 5

Cav
Kittel
Greipel
Sagan
Kristoff

So here is my team

Quintana
Cav
Greipel
Kittel
Kristoff
Hoogerland (IMS maybe)
El Fares
Fischer
Mederel

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Interesting, I don't think Kristoff will be anywhere near.

I have gone for the predictable.

Sagan
Cav
Greipel
Kittel
Hoogerland (bound to try a break)
Timmer (Just in case Kittel wins)
Muravyev
El Fares
Fischer

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

Cav
Greipel
Kittel
Rojas(movistar on a high)
Kristoff
Cimolai(toss up between him and Lobato)
Timmer
Mederel
Fischer

Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes

Got just

Cav
Kittel
Kristoff (who has been consistent)
Quintana

with a 10pt pen so going to drop today but doesn't matter now.

Mainly interested in my Cycling News team where I need a few improbable things to happen. Cav out of the top 5 and Rojas in it or some GC riders I've got, Valverde, Bardet or Nieve in the top 20. Got Sagan and Kittel there as I need a Cav fail to have any chance.

Got Cav for roaduk to try and tie up the forum top place I currently hold.

ray silvester replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

Cav
Greipel
Kittel
Kristoff
Timmer
Mederel
Fischer

Sagan to slip and crash pulling a wheelie on the cobbles of Champs Elysees  19

Alan Tullett replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

Cav
Greipel
Kittel
Kristoff
Timmer
Mederel
Fischer

See above! I have my fingers crossed Rojas does well today. Need him in 4th or better with Cav out of the top 5 to win something. Not going to happen though unless there's a crash and that doesn't normally happen on the Champs.

0 likes

Thats the thing with Kristoff, even if he comes 6th or 7th, he has been consistent, 16 + 19 for him and Quintana means Sagan would need to come 1st or 2nd just to match/or better those points and make it worth while. (a bit defensive from me I know). And with the green sewn up I just can't see Sagan coming any higher than 4th, and if he isn't too bothered I can even see Kristoff beating him

0 likes

The only other two who I could see breaking into my suggested top 5 knocking Kristoff down a little would be Ferrari and Rojas.

With Ferrari still in im surprised you've gone Cimolai over loabato Ray

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

You know when you try and pick a 'joker' that no-one else has to try and nick the stage.....could just as easily have been Lagutin to be honest!!

ray silvester replied to TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

The only other two who I could see breaking into my suggested top 5 knocking Kristoff down a little would be Ferrari and Rojas.

With Ferrari still in im surprised you've gone Cimolai over loabato Ray

Sammy Windmills or even an Orica guy like Gerrans/Impey?

Not surprised that no-ones picking Goss......he looks to have gone backwards over the last few years!!

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Fantasy cycling rule 1. (or two, I can't remember).

'Don't pick Matt Goss'

0 likes

Maybe Impey, not Gerrans. Not sure Sammy has the outright sprint from such an elite group. Im surprised he wasn't there on the stage Gerrans won

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Gerrans/Impey/Dumoulin are all possible top 10s but in the end I think it comes down to who's survived the mountains the best.

Cav looked good in the mountains this year and didn't seem to be struggling as much as in previous years, Greipel is decent up hill (former German hill climb champ I think) and Goss was apparently still fresh in the mountains so all those may feature. Kittel though is young and probably less likely to have the stamina of the older sprinters meaning he may not be in the best condition today.

That's something in Sagan's favour actually, he always does well in the hills and is a pretty decent climber in his own right, not just for a sprinter, so coming straight out of the mountains he might be in better condition than the pure sprinters. I still don't think he has the kick to beat Cavendish though.

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Used my 3 transfers to bring in Cav/Kittel/Greipel, and have 19 for Quintana. Decided not to bother with any penalty transfers just to bring in the likes of Lobato/Cimolai/Fischer(??) etc - I find the final stage of a Grand Tour can often throw up a funny result once you get outside the top 5. O'Grady for the break???

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

penalties for me

Cav
Griepel
Kittel
Rojas
Kristoff
Lobato
Willems
Mederel
Fischer

Last flurry for me sitting a disgusting 624th compared to 288th last year! Must do better in grand tours  20

rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes

Here we go

My Team

Mark Cavendish
André Greipel
Marcel Kittel
Alexander Kristoff
Jose Joaquin Rojas Gil
Juan Jose Lobato Del Valle
Murilo Antonio Fischer
Maxime Mederel
Albert Timmer

First has the following

Mark Cavendish
Andre Griepel
Nairo Alexander Quintana Rojas
Alexander Kristoff
Marcel Kittel
José Ivan Gutierrez Palacios
Julien El Fares
Murilo Antonio Fischer
Maxime Mederel

with either a 10/20 point penalty

So to win I need Lobato/ Rojas / Timmer to score 50-60 more than Quintana/ El Fares.

Unfortunately, I don't think that will happen.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

No penalties.

Cavendish
Greipel
Kittel
Lobato
Lemoine (my secret weapon)
El Fares (who has been sprinting)
Quintana
Favilli (who can sprint)
Bonnet (didn't want to take a pen)

Giving me potentially 7 in the top 20 plus Quintana. Had to drop Mederel to get Lemoine in so didn't have enough transfers to swap out Bonnet but could very well have 8 scorers today.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

My picks for today's break,

Voeckler
Voigt
Vichot
Gilbert
Feillu
David Miller

rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes

Rolland has lost his kom points from yesterday, the climb he took Anton out on!

Assume that doesn't affect the game?

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Loving Sagan's green beard.

Gkam84 replied to rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes
rcorbin wrote:

Rolland has lost his kom points from yesterday, the climb he took Anton out on!

Assume that doesn't affect the game?

Where are you seeing that? YES it affects the game and I'll need to go change things

rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes

Mentioned on ITV and various twitter accounts.

Will see if I can get a proper web link

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Not seeing it on the official site, they said he points were fine yesterday

enrique replied to rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes
rcorbin wrote:

Mentioned on ITV and various twitter accounts...

Cyclingnews.com wrote:

... The race jury decided not to penalize French rider Pierre Rolland (Europcar) for his actions at the fourth ranked climb of the 19th stage...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tour-de-france-shorts-riblon-super-comba...

davemchol | 10 years ago
0 likes

El Fares looks like hes in the four man break

davemchol replied to davemchol | 10 years ago
0 likes

scrap that last message just go reeled in

Pages

Latest Comments