Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Wiggins, career over?

He's clearly got a case of the yipps poor lad. Can't see anyway back for him, can you even be a domestique if you ride down hill like your gran?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

36 comments

Super Domestique | 10 years ago
0 likes

Really?

I thought it was a chest infection. Career ending?

I think Sky have pretty good mentor types if there are any head issues.

Simon_MacMichael | 10 years ago
0 likes

Just out of interest, how do you reckon you'd have got on riding in driving rain with the flu and a few nasty climbs thrown in? Me, I'd have stayed under the duvet...

Jonomc replied to Simon_MacMichael | 10 years ago
0 likes

Faster than he did!

What was his excuse for the time trial? -absolutely bone dry, rode like it was his first time on a bike!

Illness doesn't make you slow down the hills.

chiv30 replied to Jonomc | 10 years ago
0 likes
Jonomc wrote:

Faster than he did!

What was his excuse for the time trial? -absolutely bone dry, rode like it was his first time on a bike!

Not bone dry ,on the descent after his bike change there was damp corners , and if you watched it he looked nervy on those stretches .
Plus as its been said a chest infection hasn't helped

I think the biggest issue is that he talked himself up pre Giro and on top of last year everyone was expecting him to be unbeatable.

Career over? No

YorkshireMike replied to Jonomc | 10 years ago
0 likes
Jonomc wrote:

Faster than he did!

I'm pretty sure he came second by 10 seconds, after suffering a puncture which probably took off 20 seconds of his time.
Rode like it was his first time on a bike? Fuck off.

pcb24 replied to Jonomc | 10 years ago
0 likes

He's still a legend!

Pages

Latest Comments