Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

the game website

Hi,

Is the game website down for anyone else?

Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

95 comments

simon F | 12 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

most will know who they were going to swap.

I can't even remember who's in my team atm - I'm not that organised. It's all done on the fly so I can't email Dave. Salas and Danielson to go in (I think) but I don't remember who was going to come out.

Stumps replied to simon F | 12 years ago
0 likes
simon F wrote:
Quote:

most will know who they were going to swap.

I can't even remember who's in my team atm - I'm not that organised. It's all done on the fly so I can't email Dave

Aye, i suppose people are right and if it's not up and running then it's only fair to scrap stage - will be well peed off though as i've got a cracking team set up which could have got me mega points  19

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

What about the people who made time to get their transfers done early ?

Why not start a list on another page of who wanted to change their team with the names of their transfers.

Whilst i appreciate values will not be known most will know who they were going to swap.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yeah i'm in a position i think i'll have at least 6 in the top 20 today, maybe even more because i bypassed the time trial in my transfers.

But even so, If its not back up and people cant make their transfers for tonight, then its only fair to have 0 points all round

allezrider | 12 years ago
0 likes

17 I've not been able to get in at all this evening - if the stage isn't cancelled can we at least roll forward laa unused transfers - I've got a team completely unsuited for the next couple of days on the ToC and was banking on unused transfers to (try to) make it more competitive.

Greg L | 12 years ago
0 likes

Still no access to the site, had three transfers ready to make after work and now v disappointed  2 . This stage has to be nullified to maintain fair play  7

petiagos replied to Greg L | 12 years ago
0 likes

might be able to extend the deadline ...
If not ... null stage ..

Greg L wrote:

Still no access to the site, had three transfers ready to make after work and now v disappointed  2 . This stage has to be nullified to maintain fair play  7

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I got onto the new server during the Giro and that was it, i've not been able to get on since

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

I dont know if i would be happy about nullifying the stage. The system was working not long ago as i've changed my Giro team for tommorrow and that was after todays stage had finished. So there's been a canny bit of time when the system was up and running fine for transfers to be made.

thefatcyclist replied to Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes
stumps wrote:

I dont know if i would be happy about nullifying the stage. The system was working not long ago as i've changed my Giro team for tommorrow and that was after todays stage had finished. So there's been a canny bit of time when the system was up and running fine for transfers to be made.

I logged in to make transfers at 7 30 ish this morning, yesterdays scores were not up so I didn't have a 100% spin on how I did yesterday. I had to go to work, and i can ask you if you had to make the choice between making life threatening decisions and loading players in a game what would you do? (I work in a position of seniority in a hospital, at the sharp end. i.e I do not sit at a desk and push a pen.)
I finish at 5 and know I have enough time to make transfers, when I get home, So canny bit of time, sorry not the case.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

On the facebook page

Quote:

road.cc
Fantasy Cycling update: Sorry everybody we're having some new server issues… It was working fine, then Tony made some ill-chosen comments about computers and it went in to a sulk, so we're blaming him. We are working to get it sorted asap

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Whats the deadline to tonight? I think i did make some changes.

But if its past the deadline, I agree, Nullify the stage so no-one takes an advantage from it

thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes

peeved, 2nd place yesterday TOC, but needed my transfers, lets face it since premium nothing has been like it used to be. Sorry Dave. Nulify the stage I say.

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

Made my transfers last night whilst on nights so as the saying goes "i'm alright jack".

But i agree for those who dont work shifts then an extension should be allowed or better still email Dave, as someone else has said, with your transfers and then there is a record so points can be added etc once the stage is complete. Simples !

petiagos replied to Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

The problem is that you do not know the points of each runner ... to make the trasnfers and sent a email do Dave.

stumps wrote:

Made my transfers last night whilst on nights so as the saying goes "i'm alright jack".

But i agree for those who dont work shifts then an extension should be allowed or better still email Dave, as someone else has said, with your transfers and then there is a record so points can be added etc once the stage is complete. Simples !

Stumps replied to petiagos | 12 years ago
0 likes
petiagos wrote:

The problem is that you do not know the points of each runner ... to make the trasnfers and sent a email do Dave.

stumps wrote:

Very true but i think most people have planned ahead to a certain extent with yesterday being the time trial. It's all about keeping an eye on things especially the premium competitors. Thats my view but no doubt there will be people who agree and those who disagree  1

stevemarks | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hmmmm No transfers for me today either, A little unfair me thinks, Hope its back before Giro starts tomorrow.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Still not loading and i need to make my ToC transfers  20

Cordelia | 12 years ago
0 likes

I emailed dave to give him my transfers... I figure at least he has record of it and can add it later when things get fixed. If he's too busy and it's too much to add everyone's transfers later, no big deal. My team is decent enough for the day and I'll just have additional transfers saved for Mt. Baldy!

letsgoup | 12 years ago
0 likes

I have been at work since 5am this morning so was in bed before yetserdays stage ended. Got home to make the following transfers after checking results of TT but can't:

Van Garderen for Sagen
(I can't quite remember the other)
I think Gesink for Horner

If the site does not come back up before transfer deadline closes could Dave please consider allowing the above changes to be made behind the scenes? I'll understand if not as it may open the floodgates for hundreds to ask for changes...

petiagos replied to letsgoup | 12 years ago
0 likes

Well ... the problem is that this is a game premium ... and that was paid ....
For me the solution is to increase the time of transfer or simply cancel this STAGE ...
Missing 40 minutes to the end of time when the game went down ...

letsgoup wrote:

I have been at work since 5am this morning so was in bed before yetserdays stage ended. Got home to make the following transfers after checking results of TT but can't:

Van Garderen for Sagen
(I can't quite remember the other)
I think Gesink for Horner

If the site does not come back up before transfer deadline closes could Dave please consider allowing the above changes to be made behind the scenes? I'll understand if not as it may open the floodgates for hundreds to ask for changes...

petiagos | 12 years ago
0 likes

When the game should be all right ... Dave should increase the time in order to make the transfer .... or if it does not ... shall cancel this stage.

trees | 12 years ago
0 likes

That link isn't working for me either.

northstar | 12 years ago
0 likes

Thanks, tried that one too, doesn't work either  7

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

This is the link, try it http://217.199.168.120/

simon F replied to drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

Nope - that just times out too. Logged in to it earlier but nothing now.

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

There was a link for me when I logged on directing me to a server address where the game is still up and running.

petiagos | 12 years ago
0 likes

What will happen if the site stay down until close the transfers?  19

livestrongnick | 12 years ago
0 likes

me too  20  20
Didn't do it this morning, thought i'd do it in my break at work! Looks like another bum stage on TOC for me  14

giff77 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I think dave or someone tweeted the game was down as they were beefing up the servers not to long ago  3

Pages

Latest Comments