Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour de Romandie Scores

Right guys here are the scores for the Prologue

quite a mixed bag, but still all to play for

TERatcliffe26 - 69
Thefatcyclist - 20
Chrisdstripes - 40
Lucas - 27
Wig_Billy - 46
Macauley Ley - 59
JAndrewHill - 93
Gkam84 - 26
bubby016 - 15
Veseunr - 19
The Terrible Tourists - 50
Debarrio - 32
Montana Carrot - 0
Livestrongnick - 52
Stevespro79 - 19
Nickobec - 49
Drheaton - 1
Alan Tullett - 25
Frankiejay - 18
Carl Simpson - 15

So a great start for JAndrewHill, Nizzolo (44 points) being the big difference maker. others with scores around 50 tended to have rogers/wiggins/mollema/matthews in there somewhere. Talansky as well was a good choice with solid 10 points

Unfortunate day for Montana and Drheaton, but both have riders that can swing it back in there favour in the coming days.

Also as im scoring all riders in the race. The big missed pick from anyone for this stage was Cav (38 points. Vandewalle and vermote would have also been good picks with solid scores (26 and 27 points)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

42 comments

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

Way to go !
I only picked Nozzy cos I wanted to be different and thought Westra might not be totallly suited to Romandie, and may have peaked already with his recent heavy schedule. . . and Nozzy was a bit different.  4  4  4

Debarrio | 12 years ago
0 likes

Congrats! Must admit that Nizzzolo wasn't on my radar at all. Well done!

Debarrio replied to Debarrio | 12 years ago
0 likes

Wow, how many zzzzs?

chrisdstripes | 12 years ago
0 likes

Oh dear - the two guys that most people have but I don't get 1st and 2nd! The sprinters all dropped from the peleton, so Wiggins has a go and takes the sprint, Westra 2nd and Tiralongo 3rd. Van Garderen, Mollema, Evans and Kiryienka all up there in the top 20.

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Right todays points

TERatcliffe26 - 116
Thefatcyclist - 83
Chrisdstripes - 68
Lucas - 95
Wig_Billy - 74
Macauley Ley - 82
JAndrewHill - 73
Gkam84 - 23
bubby016 - 61
Veseunr - 92
The Terrible Tourists - 122
Debarrio - 56
Montana Carrot - 57
Livestrongnick - 103
Stevespro79 - 83
Nickobec - 57
Drheaton - 31
Alan Tullett - 87
Frankiejay - 114
Carl Simpson - 81

Great score by The Terrible Tourists, in general much better scoring today

and the overall

TERatcliffe26 - 185
Thefatcyclist - 103
Chrisdstripes - 108
Lucas - 122
Wig_Billy - 120
Macauley Ley - 141
JAndrewHill - 166
Gkam84 - 49
bubby016 - 76
Veseunr - 111
The Terrible Tourists - 172
Debarrio - 88
Montana Carrot - 57
Livestrongnick - 155
Stevespro79 - 102
Nickobec - 106
Drheaton - 32
Alan Tullett - 112
Frankiejay - 132
Carl Simpson - 96

Somehow I have managed to achieve a narrow lead thanks to all my stars scoring solidly (Wiggins, Mollema, Hesjedal and Rogers) and then Westra to top it off.

Big winners of course were Wiggins and Westra. No one rider swept up the mountains/sprint points, so no massive scores there for anyone, solid points between 5-20 for most. Gkam and Chrisdstripes have a great pick so far with Clement (shame Gkam didnt pick up Wiggins or Westra.) For todays stage Tiralongo in 3rd and Paterski in 5th were unpicked, apart from that no other big scorers.

veseunr | 12 years ago
0 likes

I was very close to picking Tiralongo and Martinez (11th) was actually in my team before my final edit. Happy to be moving up after a poor first day!

Great work TER  4

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

Once again my decision to not pick Wiggins is backfiring, same happened in the P-N.

The question is, do I pick him for the TdF and watch him crash out or leave him out of my team and watch him win?

veseunr replied to drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Once again my decision to not pick Wiggins is backfiring, same happened in the P-N.

The question is, do I pick him for the TdF and watch him crash out or leave him out of my team and watch him win?

Statistically he has raced in 4 TdF and crashed once ..... so only a 25% chance.

I reckon he has a live chance of winning .... especially if Cadel is creaking!

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

I was implying really that if I pick him, he'll end up in a ditch, but if I leave him out like I have done in the PN and TdR he'll ride a blinder and go on to win the whole thing

TERatcliffe26 replied to drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

You on about as purist or normal? As when we have transfers its much less of a risk to pick someone. It also depends who else lines up. As for a purist manner id probably be tempted to go for Nibali.

lucas replied to TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

... The big missed pick from anyone for this stage was Cav (38 points)...

Nice job, TER. It's kinda cool to see the picks we missed so we can learn for future races... Thanks!  1

orli replied to drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Once again my decision to not pick Wiggins is backfiring, same happened in the P-N...

Heh heh. I get your drift.  1 Whatever you do for the Tour, let us know and I'll go the other way!  1

The Terrible To... | 12 years ago
0 likes

Wow! first stage victory. Very happy.

0 likes

Right he are the scores for stage 2 (let me know if you think ive made a mistake, as ive been in a rush yesterday/today)

TERatcliffe26 - 89
Thefatcyclist - 12
Chrisdstripes - 34
Lucas - 30
Wig_Billy - 66
Macauley Ley - 39
JAndrewHill - 53
Gkam84 - 81
bubby016 - 84
Veseunr - 12
The Terrible Tourists - 34
Debarrio - 17
Montana Carrot - 53
Livestrongnick - 35
Stevespro79 - 40
Nickobec - 28
Drheaton - 55
Alan Tullett - 66
Frankiejay - 36
Carl Simpson - 16

and the overall

TERatcliffe26 - 274
Thefatcyclist - 115
Chrisdstripes - 142
Lucas - 152
Wig_Billy - 186
Macauley Ley - 180
JAndrewHill - 219
Gkam84 - 130
bubby016 - 160
Veseunr - 123
The Terrible Tourists -206
Debarrio - 105
Montana Carrot - 110
Livestrongnick - 190
Stevespro79 - 142
Nickobec - 134
Drheaton - 87
Alan Tullett - 178
Frankiejay - 168
Carl Simpson - 112

veseunr | 12 years ago
0 likes

TER .... I am beginning to see why you organised this tournamnet now  19

0 likes

I've got lucky, that the likes of rogers/mollema/hesjedal are picking up points on stages I didn't pick them for. I picked vichot for the last 2 stages.

We have had diff winners for the past 6 comps, and I won 1 of those, so by the end I proabbly won't win.

0 likes

Right todays points, great stage win for Alan today, closely followed by Wig

TERatcliffe26 - 82
Thefatcyclist - 12
Chrisdstripes - 32
Lucas - 15
Wig_Billy - 100
Macauley Ley - 42
JAndrewHill - 41
Gkam84 - 65
bubby016 - 60
Veseunr - 12
The Terrible Tourists - 29
Debarrio - 12
Montana Carrot - 58
Livestrongnick - 29
Stevespro79 - 66
Nickobec - 47
Drheaton - 21
Alan Tullett - 108
Frankiejay - 35
Carl Simpson - 20

And the overall, which I seem to have retained again

TERatcliffe26 - 356
Thefatcyclist - 127
Chrisdstripes - 174
Lucas - 167
Wig_Billy - 286
Macauley Ley - 222
JAndrewHill - 260
Gkam84 - 195
bubby016 - 220
Veseunr - 135
The Terrible Tourists - 235
Debarrio - 117
Montana Carrot - 168
Livestrongnick - 219
Stevespro79 - 208
Nickobec - 181
Drheaton - 108
Alan Tullett - 286
Frankiejay - 203
Carl Simpson - 132

Alan Tullett | 12 years ago
0 likes

Nice. First stage win in a time. Bit of a fluke though as I only put in LLSanchez when I found out Kessiakoff was off-colour. Find it strange not being able to make changes but at least my team is set out for the TT, which is going to be the deciding factor, (can't see Sats stage bringing any great time differences).

Not sure I can catch up 70 points in two stages though  20  3

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

108 points and dead last, this has not been my best race ever.

0 likes

Just a heads up im busy the rest of today, so todays stage points will be done tomorrow morning.

Think it will be tight Alan, cant remember your team though. The fact westra is out looses me a TT man. Szmyd hasnt done anything for me.

0 likes

Yes. I was going to have Szmyd at first, but de Gendt's done nothing for me. Think van Garderen must have retired as well. Don't know what happened to him. He's not in the general as far as I can tell.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Van G had a crash today and he was struggling, i think he may have jumped off

0 likes

Just found out he abandoned. Pity that; hope he's ok. Didn't see the early stages of the race only the last 20 mins or so. Tomorrow's TT could be tight. 5 or 6 riders could win although Wiggins will be the favourite.

0 likes

Right here are yesterdays scores, A narrow in for Alan over Gkam, but dont think its gonna be enough to be able to catch me

TERatcliffe26 - 54
Thefatcyclist - 15
Chrisdstripes - 22
Lucas - 17
Wig_Billy - 62
Macauley Ley - 33
JAndrewHill - 41
Gkam84 - 77
bubby016 - 69
Veseunr - 38
The Terrible Tourists - 24
Debarrio - 17
Montana Carrot - 57
Livestrongnick - 47
Stevespro79 - 71
Nickobec - 39
Drheaton - 38
Alan Tullett - 80
Frankiejay - 47
Carl Simpson - 34

and the overall

TERatcliffe26 - 410
Thefatcyclist - 142
Chrisdstripes - 196
Lucas - 184
Wig_Billy - 348
Macauley Ley - 255
JAndrewHill - 301
Gkam84 - 272
bubby016 - 289
Veseunr - 173
The Terrible Tourists - 259
Debarrio - 134
Montana Carrot - 225
Livestrongnick - 266
Stevespro79 - 279
Nickobec - 220
Drheaton - 146
Alan Tullett - 366
Frankiejay - 250
Carl Simpson - 166

Seems Alan you need to make up 44 points on me, its gonna be close. We both have Wiggans and Vichot. My other riders are Mollema, Rogers, Spilak, Szmyd and Hesjedal. Whereas you have Sanchez, De Gendt, Zaugg, Talansky, Zabriske and Slagter.

Id say its 50-50, or slightly in your favour if you just compare the teams, however me having the 44 points in the bank, id say im slightly favourite, but anything can happen.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Another score like that today could see my come in a surprise second if others TT picks fail  19

Not bad for sitting a the last couple of places from the start

Alan Tullett replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Another score like that today could see my come in a surprise second if others TT picks fail  19

Not bad for sitting a the last couple of places from the start

My first stage was crap as well.
We're both in with a chance.

Hope Wiggins wins though with Sanchez 2nd. Although to win this little comp it would be better the other way round  3  3

0 likes

Id say its 50-50, or slightly in your favour if you just compare the teams, however me having the 44 points in the bank, id say im slightly favourite, but anything can happen.

I'd kinda agree with you, better to have the points.

We both lost a good TT rider, you in Westra and me in van Garderen, who got hit by a swinging branch of all things, but is ok with only flesh wounds, but nasty experience I would think. Can't say I'd fancy being hit by a branch while descending fast.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Well i hope Wiggo crashes out, Sanchez wins and Clement comes 2nd

JUST AS I TYPED THAT, Wiggo stopped and the chain had come off and now going slow

0 likes

Game over for Wiggins I feel  2 Do you not like Wiggins then Gkam? I want him to win regardless of how it may or may not impact my fantasy result

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

At the moment, its Porte, Costa and Kreuziger 1,2,3

I don't have anything again Wiggo, just not a huge fan of his, i just prefer other riders.

Pages

Latest Comments