Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tirreno-Adriatico

This competition is pretty much ready to go and should be open tomorrow.

Some things to note on scoring, there is only one category of climb in the race which means all climbs score the same points in this race and in the fantasy game which will be 5, 3, 2 & 1 for the first four over the summit.

The race starts with a TTT on Wednesday afternoon followed by 5 stages before an ITT to finish.  So far the start time for the first stage is the only one that has been announced.  Hopefully the rest are confirmed before the race starts but if not we'll need to set early transfer deadlines to make sure that the window closes before the stage starts each day so bare that in mind and check the 'stages' page for the race each day to make sure you know when the deadlines will be for each stage.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

75 comments

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Time schedules are there, if you go on each stage individually on the gazzetta site, click time schedule, then click on he stampa icon, the right of the two and it opens the pdf with the stage schedule, and the start times

stage 3 for example http://www.gazzetta.it/Speciali/TirrenoAdriatico/it/download/info_tappe/...

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

I spent ages trying to find those, oh well, thanks, will get the stages updated.

0 likes

I think i did it last year, so knew where to look once i saw this thread

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Just had a look at the startlists for this, its going to be VERY tough to pick a team. So many good sprinters and GC contenders, and most of the top TTers. Plus the added curveball of the usually unpredictable TTT to open. 200 credits please!  3

enrique replied to chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

200 credits please!  3

Yes, please!

Can we get a sneak look at the values for some of the riders?

Like maybe...

Cavendish
Sagan
Kittel
Greipel
Modolo
Demare

N. Quintana
Contador
Porte
Pinot
Evans

Thanks!  1

drheaton replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
chrisdstripes wrote:

200 credits please!  3

Yes, please!

Can we get a sneak look at the values for some of the riders?

Like maybe...

Cavendish
Sagan
Kittel
Greipel
Modolo
Demare

N. Quintana
Contador
Porte
Pinot
Evans

Thanks!  1

No. I don't do previews. You'll just have to wait with everyone else until the race opens.

sanderville | 10 years ago
0 likes

Argh! Those prices!

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

wow!!! this is gonna be a tough one to pick for  39  7

Although I've picked my purist using a varied selection  16

0 likes

Yep, tricky one - was hoping for 150 credits but never mind...
Such a varied parcours - purist is an absolute lottery!

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Be glad that I changed it, Gkam had set the budget at 130 originally  19

0 likes

He's a tight bastard that GKam!

benji p replied to sanderville | 10 years ago
0 likes
Sanderville wrote:

Argh! Those prices!

The prices aren't that bad. It's that dang budget!  39

Joelsim | 10 years ago
0 likes

This is really tricky. When are the other riders being added, some missing at the moment?

Twybaydos | 10 years ago
0 likes

What is infuriating me is the sprinters I want for stage 2 aren't on teams which can time trial, and the teams set up for TTT (I'm looking at you Orica) didn't bother to pack a sprinter. Where the bloody hell is Leigh Howard?

TERatcliffe26 replied to Twybaydos | 10 years ago
0 likes
Twybaydos wrote:

What is infuriating me is the sprinters I want for stage 2 aren't on teams which can time trial, and the teams set up for TTT (I'm looking at you Orica) didn't bother to pack a sprinter. Where the bloody hell is Leigh Howard?

Agreed, ive sort of just ignored the TTT, gone with the sprinters I want, and then put in Petacchi and Poels as I think OPQS will win it. Yes I may fall behind, but the maximum that can be scored will be around the 170 mark. So im taking my chances that I can somehow muster 70 odd points then pull it back. Also as its the first TTT of the year its still hard to tell

Joelsim | 10 years ago
0 likes

Not sure you can write off Movistar either in the TT. Just to add pain and confusion to the choices!

enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes

I can't find Sam Bennett in the game.

enrique replied to Twybaydos | 10 years ago
0 likes
Twybaydos wrote:

... Orica... didn't bother to pack a sprinter...

They brought Impey!  1

enrique replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

[W]was hoping for 150 credits...

Me too!  22 Dan, what's the criteria for setting the budget? The 150 budget seems comfortable for the Classics. A 140 budget feels a little pinched. I get the impression the fields at Tirreno or Paris Nice are just as stacked as the Classics. Is the budget set by the game manager at their discretion or is there a calculation based on the weight of the values of the rider field? It feels weird when you guys say:

Gkam84 wrote:

... I set it up for Dave and changed it to a certain number, It was set at 125 before and then Dave settled on 140....

or...

drheaton wrote:

It seems like it's at the discretion of whoever's managing the game. Do you guys add up the total value of the field to gauge how much the whole field of riders is worth before setting the budget or something like that?  39

Just wondering.  39 Will the budget ever go above 150? For example for the Tour?  4

pcsplace | 10 years ago
0 likes

Are all the riders available in the game yet? I am only seeing a limited number of orica greenedge and astana riders for example.

Thanks

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

When I did the last update last night a few teams (including Astana) only had partial rosters announced but most teams seem to have confirmed start lists now (except Lotto and Garmin who still only have 5 riders) so I'll run an update this morning.

0 likes
enrique wrote:

I can't find Sam Bennett in the game.

Look harder, he's in there and active so you should be able to see him and search for him.

0 likes
enrique wrote:
chrisdstripes wrote:

[W]was hoping for 150 credits...

Me too!  22 Dan, what's the criteria for setting the budget? The 150 budget seems comfortable for the Classics. A 140 budget feels a little pinched. I get the impression the fields at Tirreno or Paris Nice are just as stacked as the Classics. Is the budget set by the game manager at their discretion or is there a calculation based on the weight of the values of the rider field? It feels weird when you guys say:

Gkam84 wrote:

... I set it up for Dave and changed it to a certain number, It was set at 125 before and then Dave settled on 140....

or...

drheaton wrote:

It seems like it's at the discretion of whoever's managing the game. Do you guys add up the total value of the field to gauge how much the whole field of riders is worth before setting the budget or something like that?  39

Just wondering.  39 Will the budget ever go above 150? For example for the Tour?  4

Budget is totally discretionary based on the relative strength of the field when compared against a grand tour (which will probably have a budget of 150). While the field for TA is pretty strong it's not grand tour strong as shown by the fact that there are only 8 riders proved over 30 credits and that most of the main GC guys are in the 20-30 credit bracket.

150 credits is the maximum budget as far as I'm aware and the variation was only brought in to deal with the situations that arose last year where field were relatively weak in the smaller races meaning you could pick near perfect teams.

drheaton replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

pcsplace replied to drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks  1

Twybaydos | 10 years ago
0 likes

Does anyone know how the TTT times for the whole team will be scored. I know the team's time is based on the fifth rider over the line but will places 6-8 get their actual time or get the time for the team regardless of finishing time?

IOW - Will Movistar need to keep Quintana in their top 5 or can Malori and co burn off?

0 likes

Any rider that does not cross the line with the team at the finish will get there own time. so if Quintana and the rest can in in 20.35, but Malori comes in 20 seconds later his time would be 20.55

pcsplace | 10 years ago
0 likes

I always forget the TTT rules as well as it's been a while since the last one we had to pick. Was the Worlds TTT the last one?

Do we know when the final rosters will be up so I can try and get my team selected later on?

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

I thought picking the team was quite easy as i'm normally rubbish so i haven't spent a lot of time digging through results and just gone on instinct, hence why i'm rubbish  40

STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes

This is a right lottery....I never thought that I would say this but I wish there was a `Lucky Dip` button for this race.....

Having said that how my season is going so far I could probably use a Lucky Dip button for every race.....  102  39  7

Pages

Latest Comments