Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Do we challenge red light jumpers/green man means cyclist

I was on my usual commute home and I tend to be the type to track stand at every light, when a guy bombs up the inside and away. I caught up with ease (he was older than me) and gently reminded him that green man is for pedestrians. I got an earful along the lines of "...you gonna tell every cyclist..." I got to the top of a hill and more lights, eh whiz zed past on the path to the lines of "...take you to the road,...back to the school run"

Am I stupid putting myself out there, am I alone in wanting to maintain that roadies/commuters obey road laws.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

92 comments

tomisitt | 10 years ago
0 likes

I usually roll up behind them at the next busy intersection and say "Not going to jump this one then, dickwad?"

And how sad is this: I got the thumbs-up from a truck driver while out riding yesterday...for stopping at a pedestrian crossing to let someone cross.

Yes, you probably are stupid for putting yourself out there because they're always aggressive, but I'm with you all the way. These tossers undermine our position as legitimate road users and give ammunition to the anti-cyclist brigade. Maybe we should all be letting these @rseholes know what the rest of us think.

pauldmorgan replied to tomisitt | 10 years ago
0 likes
tomisitt wrote:

And how sad is this: I got the thumbs-up from a truck driver while out riding yesterday...for stopping at a pedestrian crossing to let someone cross.

I got an enthusiastic (and possibly sarcastic) round of applause from some builders in a van when I got off and walked across a junction the other day. I chose to take it positively.

This morning's RLJ score: Bikes 4 Cars 2.

Pages

Latest Comments