Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Forum's Scorum's Mini League

INDIVIDUAL COMPETITION WINNERS

Tour Down Under: Alan Tullett(Pure Fantasy)
TDU Purist: Gkam84(Up and Doon Hills)
Tour of Qatar: enrique(Team Don Q)
TOQ Purist: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
Tour of Mediterranean: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
TOM Purist: TERatcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
Tour of Oman: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
TOO Purist: Teratcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
Volta Ao Algarve: TERatcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
VAA Purist: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
Early Classics: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
EC Purist: stevemarks(skidders skeletons)
Paris-Nice: drheaton(Mostly Hopeless)
PAN Purist: Dave Atkinson(Blankety Blanco)
Tirreno-Adriatico: robacairns(Team Cairns)
TIA Purist: NeilG83(Team Sky Blue)
Volta A Catalunya: Jonas Lorenzen(Pharmacie Roulant)
VAC Purist: stepho(Carrick Climbers)
Vuelta Pais Vasco: JAndrewHill(Les Miserables 2013)
VPV Purist: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
Giro Del Trentino: TERatcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
GDT Purist: stevemarks(skidders skeletons)
Spring Classics: makiavelli(Domestique Dis Turbans)
SCL Purist: makiavelli(Domestique Dis Turbans)
Tour Du Romandie: obutterwick(OJB Racing)
TDR Purist: obutterwick(OJB Racing)
Tour Of California: robacairns(Team Cairns)
TOC Purist: NeilG83(Team Sky Blue)
Giro D'Italia: Jonas Lorenzen(Pharmacie Roulant)
GIRO Purist: northstar(Northstar)
Criterium Du Dauphine: nata1ia(nataliaa)
Dauphine purist: huntdeano(huntdeano)
Tour Du Suisse: stevemarks(skidders skeletons)
TDS Purist: TERatcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
Tour De France: rcorbin(Silent Assassins)
TDF Purist: drheaton(Mostly Hopeless)
Tour Du Pologne: drheaton(Mostly Hopeless)
TDP Purist: livestrongnick(Rule #5)
Clasica San Sebastien: backflipbedlem(backflipbedlem)
CSS Purist:N/A
ENECO Tour: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
ENECO Purist: TERatcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
USA Pro Challenge: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
USA Purist; Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
Vuelta Y Espana: silas chime(Call Me Maybe?)
VUE Purist: Alan Tullett(Pure Fantasy)
Grand Prix Quebec/Montreal: livestrongnick(Rule #5)
GQM Purist: Jonas Lorenzen(Pharmacie Roulant)
Tour of Britain: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
ToB Purist: huntdeano(huntdeano)
Worlds: technojim(Scotchegg-Energybeer)
Worlds Purist: technojim(Scotchegg-Energybeer)
Autumn Classics: natal1a(natal1aa)
ACL Purist: drheaton(Mostly Hopeless)
Tour of Beijing: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
TBE Purist: stevemarks(skidders skeletons)

Forum's Scorum's Overall 2013: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
FSO(Purist): Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

172 comments

NeilG83 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'm very happy to still be in the top 10 after a bad run of scores in Tour de Romandie.

The Giro is going to be quite difficult as it is less formulaic and predictable than the Tour. Just look at the first 3 days: flat stage then a team time trial followed by a medium mountains stage.

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

I need a cracking Giro to start to hit my target of top 10 at the end of the season.

At 23 at the mo so some serious work needed  2

drheaton replied to chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

I feel so much better now, thanks drh!

My purist team has 2 GC favourites, 3 good value climbers and 3 cheap guys, leaving me 35ish credits. So a top sprinter like Cav/Goss, or a third GC favourite?

There aren't a huge number of definite sprint stages, but there might not be any really decisive GC stages until the second week either, so I'm stumped as to what would be the better pick...  39

It's a tough call, there are potentially 5-7 sprint stages (stages 1, 6, 12, 17 & 21 possibly stages 5 and 16 at a push) plus with the TTT Cav may be a good shout but compare that against the number of mountains stages and the potential for GC points and a mid-level GC guy may be a better choice. It could go either way.

I reckon Cav is an expensive banker but he should score well, someone like Pozzovivo though may score more but is less reliable.

For my team, I have two slots to fill, I'm looking at picking up a rider for 20-25 credits and another for 5-10.

My options are

At 20-25 credits - Degenkolb (or Kiserlovski/Uran/Pozzovivo if I want a climber or Viviani/Nizzollo as other sprint options) and

At 5-10 credits - Aru (or Rujano/Atapuma/Appollonio/Sioutsou are other options at that price)

I could make most combinations of two of those work and I don't know what to go for. I don't see Degenkolb winning more than one stage against opposition like Cavendish and Viviani so maybe not him but Pozzovivo doesn't look in form, Kiserlovski had a poor last TT at the TdR and Uran is backup. At the lower price Atapuma/Rujano are 'team leaders', Appollonio is second choice sprinter behind Belletti and Aru/Sioutsou are DSs who may only score by keeping up with their leaders (Aru has a better chance of that as I see Sioutsou being used early in the day).

No idea what to do.

JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes

Oh, a tip for the purists, I predicy that both Froome and Nibali are like to be involved in accidents that mean they will both need to withdraw from the Giro in the first week.
 44  44  44

drheaton replied to JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

Oh, a tip for the purists, I predicy that both Froome and Nibali are like to be involved in accidents that mean they will both need to withdraw from the Giro in the first week.
 44  44  44

Oh no, I see what you're doing! I'm definitely putting Froome in my team now!

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

And I've got Leipheimer!!  44

0 likes

Result for "The Guv'nor" Dave Atkinson who took pink in the Forum's Scorum's Giro D'Italia on the opening day in Naples....in fact he took the stage in the entire game....he'll be 'pumped' with that!!.Alan Tullet's purist squad took a podium badge and leads that classification.

TERatcliffe.....Gotcha in the Overall!! I reckon we could be in for a bit of a ding-dong battle right across 'The Boot'?

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

You could have me in the overall for a while, as I may struggle to make any transfers the next few days, but will try and get on, but lets hope its a ding-dong battle and lets drag each other along and catch Alan and Chris

chrisdstripes replied to TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

You could have me in the overall for a while, as I may struggle to make any transfers the next few days, but will try and get on, but lets hope its a ding-dong battle and lets drag each other along and catch Alan and Chris

You hear this Alan? They're ganging up on us!

0 likes

livestrongnick sailed back from Ischia with a shiny pink jersey in the Forum's Scorum's Giro D'Italia but perhaps wasted 2 transfers yesterday bringing in Howard and Pate?Guv'nor Dave Atkinson only used 1 bringing in Wurf so may have a slight advantage from 2nd today and everyone will be watching the spectre of Wig_Billy in 4th!!
Alan Tullett hung on to his purist lead despite only 18pts from the TTT

Not so good for Alan Tullett in the Forum's Scorum's Overall as chrisdstripes took 2nd spot from him and obutterwick moved up to 9th at the expense of NeilG83.
Wig_Billy leads by 760 standard although chrisdstripes has reduced his purist lead to a still healthy 413.

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yes my pate transfer annoyed me because id had puccio down for it and as per usual changed my mind! must stick with instincts!

0 likes

Probably should have been Puccio over 'Chicken Liver' on age alone although without hindsight Puccio was the more likely to be dropped?

0 likes

"Guv'nor" Dave Atkinson continues his inspired start to the Forum's Scorum's Giro D'Italia(I never even considered Paolini for a second!!)by snatching the Maglia Rosa back from a 'Luca-Less' livestrongnick who fell to 7th.
KeejayOV has taken over the purist lead thanks to his 2 W's(Wiggins/Wauters) from Alan Tullett's sprinty team.

The Forum's Scorum's overall saw NeilG83 take back his 9th spot from obutterwick(4pts on the stage!!)and we have the same Wig_Billy/chrisdstripes 1-2 in both standard and purist.

GC day today I think so maybe time for a bit of Cali-formulation?

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Looking over my shoulder in the overall table - less than 100 pts between 2nd and 5th!

0 likes

Let's work as a team to reel in the Wigmeister eh?

The "Guv'nor" Dave Atkinson holds a 2pt lead after stage 4 of the Forum's Scorum's Giro D'Italia and already has Nizzolo in his line-up before todays transfers so I expect him to stay in front.KeejayOV retains the purist jersey despite only scoring 33pts yesterday.

No change in the top 10 on GC for the Forum's Scorum's overall title although Wig_Billy has a 784 lead standard(+24 on last time check) and 401 lead in purist(-12 on last time check).The chaser in both instances is chrisdstripes and his pigeons.

0 likes

90 pts on stage 5 saw Sanderville take the Forum's Scorum's Maglia Rosa(in fact he's joint leader in the entire game).A lot of low purist scores on the stage saw KeejayOV retain his purist lead.

Top 10 Forum's Scorum's overall stays the same in advance of a (supposed) bunch sprint stage today.

0 likes

NeilG83 scored 167 on the sprinty stage 6 and a very impressive 119 on the slippery stage 7 to take over the Forum's Scorum's Pink Jersey and to back up his current form he's also 2nd behind northstar in the purist section.

Plenty of dinging and donging in the Forum's Scorum's Overall....TERatcliffe stayed upright to overtake me(ray silvester) for 4th,Jonas Lorenzen has taken advantage of drheaton's penalty point gobbling to snatch 6th and NeilG83 has used pink jersey form to nick 8th from stevemarks.

Wig_Billy(who also leads the entire game overall in both sections)still has 773 standard and 367 purist leads.....chrisdstripes is gradually inching into it though and our top 5 are ALL in the game's top 20.

You bringing in Wiggins today TERatcliffe? I've got 4 top tenners for the ITT I reckon(if they can all stay in the saddle!!)

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

yes Ive gone Wiggins Ray. Who should top 10 out of mine in my opinion are Wiggins, Hesjedal, Phinney and Sergent, with Ludviggson coming top 20 maybe. I don't what Santambrogio might do, Im hoping he surprises all

0 likes

A good time trial was enough to give Jonas Lorenzen the Maglia Rosa and defend it into Florence in the Forum's Scorum's Giro D'Italia even if it looks like NeilG83 has not given up hope of taking it back.....those 2 are more than 65pts clear of 3rd.As consolation NeilG83 leads the purist division by 16pts from chiv30 as we go into the rest day.

Opening day in the Forum's Scorum's Tour of Cali saw a sun-baked simon F take the lead in both standard and purist and standard ahead of the twin threat of TERatcliffe's 2 teams.

Stage 9 of the Giro(36pts) did my Overall Forum's Scorum's pretensions a hefty blow with both Jonas Lorenzen and drheaton sailing past me into 5th and 6th.
A busy weekend of action saw long term leader Wig_Billy in imperious form taking his standard/purist lead out to a whopping 836/454......a bit like Contador looking into the eyes of Schleck and dropping him!!

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, I've been totally dropped by Wig_Billy now and am pedalling squares as the rest of you close in. Really bad week for me with almost every 50-50 decision going the wrong way!

TER may even move up to second once the Cali scores from yesterday have been amended - I haven't worked it out but it'll certainly be close!

chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Omg I hadn't even noticed my purist team doing well in the Giro as I've been concentrating on my standard  13

EDIT: which is upto 4th  4

0 likes

I'll do a full round up tomorrow

0 likes

Rcorbin nipped past me today by bringing In Chalapud, But I Have an Extra Sub for tomorrow....Looking FoR The top Three Tomorrow Now....degenkkolb?

rcorbin | 10 years ago
0 likes

Just gone ahead of you, I'm undecided on tomorrow stage.

Evans for cav? But that loses 12-14 guaranteed points!
I've only got 2 freebies though

Stumps replied to JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

Rcorbin nipped past me today by bringing In Chalapud, But I Have an Extra Sub for tomorrow....Looking FoR The top Three Tomorrow Now....degenkkolb?

Degenkolb pulled out i believe

0 likes

Better go Goss then

0 likes

Jonas Lorenzen continues out in the lead of the Forum's Scorum's Giro D'italia but there are some big GC names mobilising behind as we approach a couple of flat stages.....although to be fair Jonas is a big GC name himself now and ony 27pts away from leading the entire game!!
Wig_Billy leads the purists....surprise,surprise  39

Out in California a straight shootout between robacairns and simon F seems to be developing as their teams hold the top 4 spots but I reckon the ITT will be the key to the race.

In the Forum's Scorum's Overall we saw Wig_Billy earn his 10k badge during stage 3 of the TOC....impressive stuff from our long term leader.....here's the top 10 and the position changes since the beginning of the Giro.

1 (=)Veelers Wheel Wig_Billy 10261
2 (=)purefantasy Alan Tullett 9362
3 (+1)Ratcliffe26 TERatcliffe26 9335
4 (+3)Pharmacie Roulant Jonas Lorenzen 9327
5 (-2)The Pigeons chrisdstripes 9273
6 (=)Mostly Hopeless drheaton 9179
7 (-2)Queens Park Riders ray silvester 9141
8 (+1)Team Sky Blue NeilG83 9101
9 (-1)skidders skeletons stevemarks 9006
10(NE)dum spiro lacesso simon F 8951

Wig_Billy is just a point away from a NINE HUNDRED lead!!

And our top 3 purists with their overall Forum's Scorum's position:

30 Veelers Wheel (Purist) Wig_Billy 7526
35 The Pigeons (Purist) chrisdstripes 6852
36 Team Sky Blue (Purist) NeilG83 6768

That's the same order as pre-Giro....just that the lead has gone from 467 to 674!!

0 likes

Wig_Billy is just a point away from a NINE HUNDRED lead!!

And now he has it!!

sanderville | 10 years ago
0 likes

Nyaaaargh! It's all gone so badly back to normal. No new bike for me. Blub blub blub.

0 likes

TERatcliffe has passed Alan Tullett for the Forum's Scorum's Overall 2nd position during Giro Stage 13 and the Cali stage 5 ITT.

Big stages in both races as the Giro goes over 2000m for the first time and the Tour of California faces the devilish Mt Diablo!!

Pages

Latest Comments