Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Forum's Scorum's Mini League

INDIVIDUAL COMPETITION WINNERS

Tour Down Under: Alan Tullett(Pure Fantasy)
TDU Purist: Gkam84(Up and Doon Hills)
Tour of Qatar: enrique(Team Don Q)
TOQ Purist: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
Tour of Mediterranean: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
TOM Purist: TERatcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
Tour of Oman: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
TOO Purist: Teratcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
Volta Ao Algarve: TERatcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
VAA Purist: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
Early Classics: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
EC Purist: stevemarks(skidders skeletons)
Paris-Nice: drheaton(Mostly Hopeless)
PAN Purist: Dave Atkinson(Blankety Blanco)
Tirreno-Adriatico: robacairns(Team Cairns)
TIA Purist: NeilG83(Team Sky Blue)
Volta A Catalunya: Jonas Lorenzen(Pharmacie Roulant)
VAC Purist: stepho(Carrick Climbers)
Vuelta Pais Vasco: JAndrewHill(Les Miserables 2013)
VPV Purist: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
Giro Del Trentino: TERatcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
GDT Purist: stevemarks(skidders skeletons)
Spring Classics: makiavelli(Domestique Dis Turbans)
SCL Purist: makiavelli(Domestique Dis Turbans)
Tour Du Romandie: obutterwick(OJB Racing)
TDR Purist: obutterwick(OJB Racing)
Tour Of California: robacairns(Team Cairns)
TOC Purist: NeilG83(Team Sky Blue)
Giro D'Italia: Jonas Lorenzen(Pharmacie Roulant)
GIRO Purist: northstar(Northstar)
Criterium Du Dauphine: nata1ia(nataliaa)
Dauphine purist: huntdeano(huntdeano)
Tour Du Suisse: stevemarks(skidders skeletons)
TDS Purist: TERatcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
Tour De France: rcorbin(Silent Assassins)
TDF Purist: drheaton(Mostly Hopeless)
Tour Du Pologne: drheaton(Mostly Hopeless)
TDP Purist: livestrongnick(Rule #5)
Clasica San Sebastien: backflipbedlem(backflipbedlem)
CSS Purist:N/A
ENECO Tour: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
ENECO Purist: TERatcliffe26(Ratcliffe26)
USA Pro Challenge: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
USA Purist; Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
Vuelta Y Espana: silas chime(Call Me Maybe?)
VUE Purist: Alan Tullett(Pure Fantasy)
Grand Prix Quebec/Montreal: livestrongnick(Rule #5)
GQM Purist: Jonas Lorenzen(Pharmacie Roulant)
Tour of Britain: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
ToB Purist: huntdeano(huntdeano)
Worlds: technojim(Scotchegg-Energybeer)
Worlds Purist: technojim(Scotchegg-Energybeer)
Autumn Classics: natal1a(natal1aa)
ACL Purist: drheaton(Mostly Hopeless)
Tour of Beijing: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
TBE Purist: stevemarks(skidders skeletons)

Forum's Scorum's Overall 2013: Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)
FSO(Purist): Wig_Billy(Veelers Wheel)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

172 comments

ray silvester replied to chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes
chiv30 wrote:

My purist team has been hit badly with 3 riders pulled out so I'd expect to finish outside top 3 tbh ,
On the plus side, my decision to gamble and stick with Sanchez and Di Luca have bumped me back to 3rd in the Giro comp and given me hope of consolidating  39

famous last words on DiLuca!!

letsgoup replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

2)Can Wig_Billy hold on to the purist Maglia Rosa with only 6 men(DiLuca his third man down joining Gavazzi and Sir Brad)......sounds like chiv30 has been hit even worse so for me northstar may be in a good position having lost only Battaglin whilst letsgoup have only lost Wiggins but are 'Cav-Less'.

Cancellation of todays stage has knackered my purist chances of a top 10. Plus I work for myself and have organised my whole week around being sat infront of the Giro today and tomorrow.  14  20  14  20

ray silvester replied to chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes
chiv30 wrote:

Well played to Jonas but I'll be honest , looking back imslightly gutted , I was 192 points behind him at stage 17 , I finished 82 points down , still I guess it's not bad for a neo-pro  4

Well said....not even 20weeks of racing under your belt and a Forum's Scorum's grand tour podium and 20th on Forum's Scorum's Overall GC so far is no mean feat!!

chiv30 replied to Jonas Lorenzen | 10 years ago
0 likes
Jonas Lorenzen wrote:

Cheers  1 I actually thought I came 2nd  4 From the mountain TT and on, things weren't going my way, took some chances on some "free for all med. mountain stages" that didn't pay off. Guess the tactics for stage races is: When in doubt, play it safe and bank some transfers for the more obvious stages.

I'll be honest I think without the shortened and cancelled stage I may have closed the gap a bit more , as it says above I was almost 200 points behind at 17 it was then I decided the last 4 stages would be gambles ....unfortunately that turned to 3 stages , still c'est la vie  1

I'll be looking out for you in the tdf  3

Jonas Lorenzen replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

Congratulations to nata1ia who got her first win of the season taking the Forum's Scorum's Criterium Du Dauphine by 75pts.....a dark horse for LeTour perhaps?huntdeano took the purist section by 25pts from Jonas Lorenzen who would be my pick to go well in the 'Grand Boucle'.

Yes, I'll definitely peak at TDF..it's all part of the master plan..  16

ray silvester replied to stevemarks | 10 years ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:

So there I was out in the lead after stage 6 of TDS, I had managed to get a small gap on the peleton, and made the mistake of taking a quick peek over my shoulder. EEEK! The big guns, Wig Billy, TERatcliffe (twice), Drheaton, and chrisstripes gathering behind me. HELP!!!!!!

Well you managed to drop TER,The Doctor and Stripey but yeah.....Wig_Billy has the look of Rui Costa stalking Frank in the real thing!!

The Forum's Scorum's overall has a numbver of subplots despite Wig_Billy's near 1000pt lead.

1)TERatcliffe and Jonas Lorenzen look to be fighting over the remaining 2 podium spots

2)drheaton and stevemarks CANNOT be seperated for 4th/5th after 12596km(well points anyway!!) of racing!!

3)6th-10th are covered by just 64 pts

4)Wig_Billy has an almost identical near 1000pt lead in the purist to prove it really is the year of the Wig!!

5)nickobec leads the Squeakers(non-payers).....enrique(he knows his cycling you know  3 ) is nearly 2000pts behind him?

stevemarks replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester][quote=stevemarks wrote:

So there I was out in the lead after stage 6 of TDS, I had managed to get a small gap on the peleton, and made the mistake of taking a quick peek over my shoulder. EEEK! The big guns, Wig Billy, TERatcliffe (twice), Drheaton, and chrisstripes gathering behind me. HELP!!!!!!

Well you managed to drop TER,The Doctor and Stripey but yeah.....Wig_Billy has the look of Rui Costa stalking Frank in the real thing!!

Well! Wig_Billy has bridged the gap but I.m not sure Ive anything left in the legs and with his reputationI don't fancy my chances. (could be sandbagging)  13

ray silvester replied to stevemarks | 10 years ago
0 likes
stevemarks][quote=ray silvester wrote:
stevemarks wrote:

Well! Wig_Billy has bridged the gap but I.m not sure Ive anything left in the legs and with his reputationI don't fancy my chances. (could be sandbagging)  13

Skidders Skeletons still holding top spot in the Forum's Scorum's Tour Du Suisse,TERatcliffe leading purists.....Wig_Billy still in the hunt for both and his standard team looks strongest for an ITT pre-transfers(Rui,Irish Dan,Wookie and Roman v just Roman and Kangert for the leaders)

robacairns had a good day scoring 121pts climbing to 2nd in the event and 3 spots to 7th in the Forum's Scorum's Overall.

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

"Guv'nor" Dave Atkinson continues his inspired start to the Forum's Scorum's Giro D'Italia(I never even considered Paolini for a second!!)by snatching the Maglia Rosa back from a 'Luca-Less' livestrongnick who fell to 7th.
KeejayOV has taken over the purist lead thanks to his 2 W's(Wiggins/Wauters) from Alan Tullett's sprinty team.

The Forum's Scorum's overall saw NeilG83 take back his 9th spot from obutterwick(4pts on the stage!!)and we have the same Wig_Billy/chrisdstripes 1-2 in both standard and purist.

GC day today I think so maybe time for a bit of Cali-formulation?

0 likes

Probably should have been Puccio over 'Chicken Liver' on age alone although without hindsight Puccio was the more likely to be dropped?

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Yes my pate transfer annoyed me because id had puccio down for it and as per usual changed my mind! must stick with instincts!

0 likes

livestrongnick sailed back from Ischia with a shiny pink jersey in the Forum's Scorum's Giro D'Italia but perhaps wasted 2 transfers yesterday bringing in Howard and Pate?Guv'nor Dave Atkinson only used 1 bringing in Wurf so may have a slight advantage from 2nd today and everyone will be watching the spectre of Wig_Billy in 4th!!
Alan Tullett hung on to his purist lead despite only 18pts from the TTT

Not so good for Alan Tullett in the Forum's Scorum's Overall as chrisdstripes took 2nd spot from him and obutterwick moved up to 9th at the expense of NeilG83.
Wig_Billy leads by 760 standard although chrisdstripes has reduced his purist lead to a still healthy 413.

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

You could have me in the overall for a while, as I may struggle to make any transfers the next few days, but will try and get on, but lets hope its a ding-dong battle and lets drag each other along and catch Alan and Chris

chrisdstripes replied to TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

You could have me in the overall for a while, as I may struggle to make any transfers the next few days, but will try and get on, but lets hope its a ding-dong battle and lets drag each other along and catch Alan and Chris

You hear this Alan? They're ganging up on us!

0 likes

Result for "The Guv'nor" Dave Atkinson who took pink in the Forum's Scorum's Giro D'Italia on the opening day in Naples....in fact he took the stage in the entire game....he'll be 'pumped' with that!!.Alan Tullet's purist squad took a podium badge and leads that classification.

TERatcliffe.....Gotcha in the Overall!! I reckon we could be in for a bit of a ding-dong battle right across 'The Boot'?

0 likes

And I've got Leipheimer!!  44

JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes

Oh, a tip for the purists, I predicy that both Froome and Nibali are like to be involved in accidents that mean they will both need to withdraw from the Giro in the first week.
 44  44  44

drheaton replied to JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

Oh, a tip for the purists, I predicy that both Froome and Nibali are like to be involved in accidents that mean they will both need to withdraw from the Giro in the first week.
 44  44  44

Oh no, I see what you're doing! I'm definitely putting Froome in my team now!

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

I need a cracking Giro to start to hit my target of top 10 at the end of the season.

At 23 at the mo so some serious work needed  2

NeilG83 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'm very happy to still be in the top 10 after a bad run of scores in Tour de Romandie.

The Giro is going to be quite difficult as it is less formulaic and predictable than the Tour. Just look at the first 3 days: flat stage then a team time trial followed by a medium mountains stage.

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

I feel so much better now, thanks drh!

My purist team has 2 GC favourites, 3 good value climbers and 3 cheap guys, leaving me 35ish credits. So a top sprinter like Cav/Goss, or a third GC favourite?

There aren't a huge number of definite sprint stages, but there might not be any really decisive GC stages until the second week either, so I'm stumped as to what would be the better pick...  39

drheaton replied to chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

I feel so much better now, thanks drh!

My purist team has 2 GC favourites, 3 good value climbers and 3 cheap guys, leaving me 35ish credits. So a top sprinter like Cav/Goss, or a third GC favourite?

There aren't a huge number of definite sprint stages, but there might not be any really decisive GC stages until the second week either, so I'm stumped as to what would be the better pick...  39

It's a tough call, there are potentially 5-7 sprint stages (stages 1, 6, 12, 17 & 21 possibly stages 5 and 16 at a push) plus with the TTT Cav may be a good shout but compare that against the number of mountains stages and the potential for GC points and a mid-level GC guy may be a better choice. It could go either way.

I reckon Cav is an expensive banker but he should score well, someone like Pozzovivo though may score more but is less reliable.

For my team, I have two slots to fill, I'm looking at picking up a rider for 20-25 credits and another for 5-10.

My options are

At 20-25 credits - Degenkolb (or Kiserlovski/Uran/Pozzovivo if I want a climber or Viviani/Nizzollo as other sprint options) and

At 5-10 credits - Aru (or Rujano/Atapuma/Appollonio/Sioutsou are other options at that price)

I could make most combinations of two of those work and I don't know what to go for. I don't see Degenkolb winning more than one stage against opposition like Cavendish and Viviani so maybe not him but Pozzovivo doesn't look in form, Kiserlovski had a poor last TT at the TdR and Uran is backup. At the lower price Atapuma/Rujano are 'team leaders', Appollonio is second choice sprinter behind Belletti and Aru/Sioutsou are DSs who may only score by keeping up with their leaders (Aru has a better chance of that as I see Sioutsou being used early in the day).

No idea what to do.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Purist is the one that's likely to change most over the next month. A bad purist campaign can drop you back 1000 point or more one someone who has a good one.

At last year's Vuelta I scored 2065 points to finish 2nd overall in the purist comp, at the Giro and TdF I scored 832 and 903 respectively.

A bit of bad luck, a single missed pick, or just missing particular riders can lose you 500+ points over a grand tour easily  2

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Could be some big changes in the next few weeks, especially in the purists - I'm not at all confident! Although for a minute there I misread the scores and thought NeilG was only 3 points behind me...

0 likes

Yup.....we just need to all gang up and break Wig_Billy in the Giro!!

obutterwick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Many thanks! Seems this mini league is where the talent's at.

0 likes

obutterwick took the Forum's Scorum's Tour Du Romandie(winning it with his standard team in the entire game actually!!).....he led the Forum's Scorum's domination in Switzerland as 5 of the top 10 in the game came from our mini league and took the purist crown to boot.Chapeau indeed!

Here's a look at the Forum's Scorum's overall Top 10

1 Veelers Wheel Wig_Billy 8862
2 purefantasy Alan Tullett 8107
3 The Pigeons chrisdstripes 8103
4 Ratcliffe26 TERatcliffe26 8015
5 Queens Park Riders ray silvester 8005
6 Mostly Hopeless drheaton 7906
7 Pharmacie Roulant Jonas Lorenzen 7806
8 skidders skeletons stevemarks 7728
9 Team Sky Blue NeilG83 7596
10 OJB Racing obutterwick 7592

and the top 3 purists with their overall positions

30 Veelers Wheel Wig_Billy 6313
33 The Pigeons chrisdstripes 5846
37 Team Sky Blue NeilG83 5483

0 likes

Sorry Guys....had a few days out of the saddle.

I'll update everything tomorrow(plenty of time between the end of Romandie and the start of the Giro).

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

As expected the three purist teams at the front of the Forum's Scorum's Tour Du Romandie peloton got shelled during stage 1 proper and it was KeejayOV who took the lead.....without Meersman!!Bravo was his star man in the break and that gives him an advantage over obutterwick who seems to be returning to a bit of form.fluffchucker is the best placed of the purists now.
Fair to say that the shadow of Wig_Billy looms large in 3rd.

The Forum's Scorum's Overall saw TERatcliffe pull alongside ray silvester for joint 4th(don't worry....he's just bringing up my drinks!!)and Jonas Lorenzen skid past stevemarks for 8th.Honourable mention to simon F who scored 91 on the stage climbing 3 places to 11th.

Wig_Billy's lead is a massive 669 standard and 506 purist

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

Three purist teams shone in the Forum's Scorum's Tour De Romandie Prologue....Jonas Lorenzen leads JAndrewHill with fluffchucker third.I personally think JAndrewHill's pick of Moser will stand him in good stead during the purist competition but expect to see a few standard teams higher up after stage 1 proper.

Wig_Billy read it well again and continues to dominate the Forum's Scorum's overall. NeilG passed stevemarks for 7th and JAndrewHill broke back into the top 10 at the expense of silas chime who lost 3 places thanks to a miserable 21pt prologue.

For the record Wig_Billy's transfers in for stage 1 were Gavazzi and Meersman....standby for a 1-2!!

Pages

Latest Comments