Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Pictures of your Bike

So, I figured that no bicycle forum would be complete without pictures of bikes! Post your photos here, no bike will be refused: Road TT Triathlon Cyclocross MTB BMX Shixie Fixie And anything else! Lovely bikes lovely, but everyday bikes interesting too. I won't post first, but I'm taking pictures right now.  1 I wanna see what bikes you're all riding!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1414 comments

hill_climb | 8 years ago
5 likes

Hi everyone,

2015 Sempre Pro here. Bought the frame and built it up mostly from stuff I had on another bike, like the Campy Neutron Ultra wheels. Best frame I've ridden. Its mostly Chorus and Record. This is the 'special' bike.  My daily road bike has an Al frame from Velo Ecosse in Edinburgh. Actually that feels pretty good too. That one was built up using bit off a Bianchi Impulso. The Impulso was too large which I realized after a season of riding, and a bike fit.

zorro84 | 8 years ago
1 like

Scott Speedster 20 from 2013

russwparkin | 8 years ago
4 likes

Kinesis Aithien

sram force 1x11

Rotor

de-logo-ed Pro vibe finish kit

7.2kg

VeloUSA | 8 years ago
0 likes

2015 Specialized S-Works Tarmac

Drivetrain: Ultegra Di2, Compact 34/50, 11-32

Chain: KMC X11SL Ti Nitride

Saddle: Specialized Romin Pro

Bar: ZIPP SL-70 Aero

Stem: ZIPP Service Course with Carbon Wrap

Rims: Pacenti SL23 Version 2

Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray, 20f/24r

Hubs: White Industry T-11

Rubber: Zipp Tangente Course 25mm

Pedals: Look Keo 2 Max Carbon

sricabla | 8 years ago
1 like

Here's my bike. When I bought it it looked like crap. The person before me started sanding the frame and looked awful. Different wheels and fork. Got a paint job and replaced parts. This is my San Francisco ride!

Boostbicycle | 8 years ago
4 likes

My custom build bike

Ronald | 8 years ago
1 like

My most used bike around town:

Originally a cheap Dutch run-around from around 2000 with bottom end 3x7 Shimano stuff, horrible suspension forks and a spoke I pulled out of the rim in a silly moment.

Now completely rebuild:

• Self-built wheels using DT Swiss TK540 rims and Alpine 3 spokes using Alfine dyno hub at the front and 11 speed Alfine IGH at the rear.
  • Alfine crankset 39x20 with Shimano XT platform-SPD combi pedals
  • RST RF-M7 rigid forks and Cane creek headset
  • Magura HS33's
  • Ergon GP3 grips
  • B&M lights
  • SKS reflective mudguards and 3M spoke reflectors.

The only original parts are Frame, tyres, kickstand and seatpost,  with a new seatpost and kickstand on order to try and get rid of the creaky sleeve and scruffy looking corroded stand. Tyres will go at some point as well. 

Actually managed to spend less than a new Norco Indie 11, which was by far the least expensive Alfine 11 bike I could find... and I used significantly better parts (especially brakes) and the frame has the rather convenient integrated rack.

All in all this turned out very well indeed. The hub is very smooth and silent. Very responsive on upshifts especially. The Ergon grips are supurb! Forks are nicely complient, but track well in high speed decents. They are a few cm shorter than the dire suspension forks were, which made the bike a bit more nimble. By no means a lightweight at 15Kg with all the bells and whistles, but a pleasure to go around nontheless.

Ronald | 8 years ago
0 likes

Road bike: Giant OCR0 from around 2004 with full set of Campagnolo Mirage 9 speed. By no means a high end group, but then... Campagnolo don't do the 'doesn't quite work' segment of the market.

Almost completely original. I replaced the sleeved seat post which got rid of an annoing creak, and worn brake pads and derailler wheels... all else seems to work fine still  1

Just need to find a solution to make it hill-proof as I struggle on the nasty 20% sections around here.

Ronald | 8 years ago
0 likes

And finally: Mountain bike - Xtrail SLX from 2010.

From an independent Dutch retailer (FietsSportief) who use unbranded frames (rumour has they are Focus though, a name they do carry in the more high-end offerings) . 

Fully equipped with 2010 Shimano SLX, but with new DTSwiss wheels using XT hubs (Original hubs had worn/broken, and I didn't deem the cheap Alex rims worth spending on) and a 2015 set of SLX brakes as I broke one of the reservoirs.

waynemorris999 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Wow 

some amazing bikes on this page love it 

Kent H | 8 years ago
0 likes

Giant Defy Advanced 2 - stock apart from saddle upgrade (Spec Romin), better tyres and 105 pedals. The OE white bar tape got pretty nasty looking pretty fast, hence the black. My first real road bike, 3000+ kilometres on her now. Wheelset upgrade will be next..or maybe just another bike, can't hurt to have at least a couple....

MrLeffe | 8 years ago
0 likes

Just fitted my Infinito with Di2

matthewn5 replied to MrLeffe | 8 years ago
1 like

MrLeffe wrote:

Just fitted my Infinito with Di2

It's still upside down!

BBB | 8 years ago
0 likes

Almost finished neo-retro Huissoon Columbus SLX ride.

Light-Bicycle 55mm rims on Novatec Classic (Ambrosio) hubs, Schwalbe One tubeless 28mm and 25mm tyres, Woolfteeth narrow-wide 44T chainring, Campy Monoplaner brakes, VO Grand Cru handlebars and... vinyl wrap emulating chrome...

fixit | 8 years ago
0 likes

repainted raleigh tour - cross bike of mines

Accessibility f... | 8 years ago
1 like

Here's my nicer(r) bike, a Mercian Vincitore Special.  I ordered it in July 2014 and finally got it around September this year  1

Reynolds 725 tubing, Ultegra Di2, Royce hubs,  H Plus Son Archetype rims, all the other bits are from Velo Orange.  It isn't quite finished, I'm still looking for a way to tidy the Di2 cables as they exit the frame (some kind of rubber grommet is required) and I'm not happy with the tyre choice as I'd rather have something a bit more retro.  Not 100% convinced with the bar tape either but it'll do for a year.  I have aluminium bottles ready but I haven't yet done the old twine/shellac thing.  I've changed the bell because although it is absolutely beautiful, it bounced and rang too much, so I now have a lovely PDW bell on instead that looks just as good.

It's the best bike I've ever owned.  Heavier than the Aluminium Ribble winter trainer I have (emergency bike) and the Whyte Cornwall I use as a "horrible conditions" steed, but it's just so much more comfortable to ride.  Even though the tyres are 25mm compared to the Whyte's 28mm, it absorbs far more vibration.  I love riding it, and now I've experienced Di2 I'll never buy mechanical again.

0 likes

Closeup of the fantastic lugwork

0 likes

Oh go on, one more...

Dhave | 8 years ago
2 likes

Here is my two months old magic carpet.

Dhave replied to tanweiyap | 8 years ago
0 likes
tanweiyap wrote:

My Boardman with recent upgrade of wheels to Mavic Ksyrium Elite S  1

Are you confident with that saddle height?!?!!

Leedsmick | 8 years ago
0 likes

My 1st road bike. Picked up on NYE.

Vista Cycling T... | 8 years ago
0 likes

<p>My first road bike, bought in Florence, Italy in May this year:<br />
<br />
Wilier Triestina GTR Ultegra 2015 with Fulcrum Racing Zero wheels upgrade. &nbsp;Further upgrades coming up, including FSA K-Force SB25 carbon seatpost and&nbsp;Specialized Romin Evo Pro carbon saddle.<br />
<br />
I've done some granfondo/mediofondo events in Tuscany on this with my club, in searing summer heat too.</p>

Philiprints | 8 years ago
3 likes

My current favourite. A Look kg96. A full Shimano 600 groupset and Mavic finishing kit.

Husabuse | 8 years ago
1 like

Road bike, my beloved Nishiki Race Carbon...had to escape from the weather for a moment...she's getting an overhaul for this season, new wheels, and Ultegra components.

Right now she's entertaining me with Trainerroad / Sufferfest...

Husabuse | 8 years ago
1 like

The bike that makes me smile every single time I get to enjoy the local trails - my Spesh Epic Comp. Superb bike that there..

OmuGuy replied to Leerf | 8 years ago
0 likes

Leerf wrote:

A good friend of mine put it together based around a Viner frame.

I know nothing about Viner frames, but that is a very handsome bike!

OmuGuy replied to monty dog | 8 years ago
0 likes

Certainly an impressive-looking machine.

monty dog wrote:

less good for sneaking up on road-riders  3

Unless they were stopped at the lights, with that gearing, you would
only be creeping up,  even at a cadence of 300 rpm.

OmuGuy | 8 years ago
0 likes

My 2011 Kona Jake. In Japan, hybrids are called cross bikes.
I knew nothing. I thought I was buying a hybrid (crossbike) with drop handlebars.
What I got, I gradually found out,  was a cyclocross bike.

It's very hilly here. First the cassette was changed, then Tiagra chainwheels were replaced with Deore. My cycling distance travelled tripled during the following year (and my scooter distance -- mainly for shopping -- halved). Finally, I got decent braking when the front cantilever cable snapped on a hairy descent. Cantis don't work well with STI.
The guy in the LBS was a fettling marvel.
Those were my first SPD pedals. After returning from three days of cycle camping, the saddle was replaced with a Selle Anatomica, and the water bottle is now stainless steel.

Before Jake, I had ridden but was completely ignorant about how to be a motor for a machine. 

OmuGuy replied to 124g | 8 years ago
0 likes

124g wrote:

My Boardman CX Team

Wow! It really looks the business, too.

Scheißenberg | 8 years ago
1 like

My Planet X XLS.
Love it!

Pages

Latest Comments