Home

So, I figured that no bicycle forum would be complete without pictures of bikes! Post your photos here, no bike will be refused: Road TT Triathlon Cyclocross MTB BMX Shixie Fixie And anything else! Lovely bikes lovely, but everyday bikes interesting too. I won't post first, but I'm taking pictures right now.  1 I wanna see what bikes you're all riding!

1159 comments

Avatar
Oldfatgit [17 posts] 1 month ago
4 likes

The top image is of my Raleigh Revenio, August last year.

The bottom image is the same bike, 5 minutes later (although the image was take a week on ...)

Avatar
brooksby [5184 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes
Oldfatgit wrote:

The top image is of my Raleigh Revenio, August last year.

The bottom image is the same bike, 5 minutes later (although the image was take a week on ...)

Yeesh.  How was the rider?

Avatar
brooksby [5184 posts] 1 month ago
1 like
Boatsie wrote:

Brooksby, just cheap bikes here dude, different roads, weather. Paid via usage of petrol budget to get to work (basically)

I hear you there, Boatsie.

My household has my wife's aluminium-framed BSO, my kids have each got a low-budget BMX style BSO (none of them have actually been ridden anywhere in the last year), and I've got an eight year old aluminium hybrid workhorse (a Mongoose) and a steel-framed Dawes city/hybrid (a 'Street Life' from c.1992).

My wife's BSO and the Moose (my workhorse, with Carradice panniers) were both full priced, but not exactly expensive, and my in-laws bought the kids' bikes (so that's not real money spent).

The Dawes was GBP10 from a friend of my wife who was clearing out their garage yes

Avatar
viktorapo [7 posts] 1 month ago
2 likes

My baby, Bianchi Aria 105 Disc

Avatar
Oldfatgit [17 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes
brooksby wrote:
Oldfatgit wrote:

The top image is of my Raleigh Revenio, August last year.

The bottom image is the same bike, 5 minutes later (although the image was take a week on ...)

Yeesh.  How was the rider?

11 broken ribs
3 fractured vertebrae
Bleeding in to lungs
Bleeding in chest cavity
Left ulna broken - pinned and plated, and a scar that runs from elbow to wrist
Left patella smashed in to 4 pieces - pinned and wired
Full thickness tear of left PCL
Bone damage within the knee
Amnesia - I have lost the time from a few mins before impact on the Friday evening through to around the following Monday afternoon.
A week in HDU, a week on the orthopedic ward.
5 months of not being able to lift anything heavier than a cup of tea and not being able to bend my knee

Avatar
brooksby [5184 posts] 1 month ago
4 likes
Oldfatgit wrote:
brooksby wrote:
Oldfatgit wrote:

The top image is of my Raleigh Revenio, August last year.

The bottom image is the same bike, 5 minutes later (although the image was take a week on ...)

Yeesh.  How was the rider?

11 broken ribs 3 fractured vertebrae Bleeding in to lungs Bleeding in chest cavity Left ulna broken - pinned and plated, and a scar that runs from elbow to wrist Left patella smashed in to 4 pieces - pinned and wired Full thickness tear of left PCL Bone damage within the knee Amnesia - I have lost the time from a few mins before impact on the Friday evening through to around the following Monday afternoon. A week in HDU, a week on the orthopedic ward. 5 months of not being able to lift anything heavier than a cup of tea and not being able to bend my knee

Christ! I hope you're getting better, now...?

Avatar
Oldfatgit [17 posts] 1 month ago
3 likes
brooksby wrote:
Oldfatgit wrote:
brooksby wrote:
Oldfatgit wrote:

The top image is of my Raleigh Revenio, August last year.

The bottom image is the same bike, 5 minutes later (although the image was take a week on ...)

Yeesh.  How was the rider?

11 broken ribs 3 fractured vertebrae Bleeding in to lungs Bleeding in chest cavity Left ulna broken - pinned and plated, and a scar that runs from elbow to wrist Left patella smashed in to 4 pieces - pinned and wired Full thickness tear of left PCL Bone damage within the knee Amnesia - I have lost the time from a few mins before impact on the Friday evening through to around the following Monday afternoon. A week in HDU, a week on the orthopedic ward. 5 months of not being able to lift anything heavier than a cup of tea and not being able to bend my knee

Christ! I hope you're getting better, now...?

 

Most of it has healed without further issue ... but the knee is the problem.

I've limited walking ability - gradients hurt, and I live at the top of a hill - and I've got about 20 - 25 miles of cycling before my knee gets too painful.

I'm a club cyclist (which is great as since the accident my solo confidence is shot), and I don't have the distance for a club ride.

I'm not letting this beat me though... LBS has a Paralane E2 e-road bike coming in soon to test - and I'm looking forwards to it  1

Avatar
Doug.F. [39 posts] 1 month ago
1 like

Hope you continue to improve.

 Trust I am not being insensitive,but what hapened ?

 

Best wishes.

 

Doug.

Avatar
Oldfatgit [17 posts] 1 month ago
3 likes
Doug.F. wrote:

Hope you continue to improve.

 Trust I am not being insensitive,but what hapened ?

 

Best wishes.

 

Doug.

Thanks for your good wishes Doug, much appreciated.

I was doing 30mph down hill and a car turned right, across my path.

He hit me, and apparently I was airborne for a while and landed through his windscreen.
Thankfully, there was a paramedic unit 5 or 6 cars behind me who stopped, got my heart restarted a couple of times, and arranged for assistance and an airlift to A & E

Avatar
serbanalex [16 posts] 1 month ago
1 like

this is my merida ride disc 300, love it full tiagra with fsa gossamer crankset, schwalbe marathon plus tyres, its a pleasure to ride it.

Avatar
Doug.F. [39 posts] 1 month ago
1 like
Oldfatgit wrote:
Doug.F. wrote:

Hope you continue to improve.

 Trust I am not being insensitive,but what hapened ?

 

Best wishes.

 

Doug.

Thanks for your good wishes Doug, much appreciated. I was doing 30mph down hill and a car turned right, across my path. He hit me, and apparently I was airborne for a while and landed through his windscreen. Thankfully, there was a paramedic unit 5 or 6 cars behind me who stopped, got my heart restarted a couple of times, and arranged for assistance and an airlift to A & E

 

 

 What a dreadful experience ,

All my best wishes for a complete recovery.

 

Yours

 

Doug.

 

 I hope the car driver will be prosecuted.

Avatar
Oldfatgit [17 posts] 1 month ago
2 likes
Doug.F. wrote:
Oldfatgit wrote:
Doug.F. wrote:

Hope you continue to improve.

 Trust I am not being insensitive,but what hapened ?

 

Best wishes.

 

Doug.

Thanks for your good wishes Doug, much appreciated. I was doing 30mph down hill and a car turned right, across my path. He hit me, and apparently I was airborne for a while and landed through his windscreen. Thankfully, there was a paramedic unit 5 or 6 cars behind me who stopped, got my heart restarted a couple of times, and arranged for assistance and an airlift to A & E

 

 

 What a dreadful experience ,

All my best wishes for a complete recovery.

 

Yours

 

Doug.

 

 I hope the car driver will be prosecuted.

 

Thanks Doug.

Because he admitted guilt at the scene, it was a fixed penalty Careless Driving ... didn't go to court.

 

Although, as an octogenarian, he might find getting insurance a bit harder.

Avatar
Xena [131 posts] 1 month ago
1 like

Here’s my sub 4 kilo custom guru  . Enjoy 

 

 

Avatar
Xena [131 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

Here’s a vid of the bike . It has enve  1 forks . I switched the forks to lighter ones that are in the photo above .

i will post my cervelo , just waiting for new bb to come . Then I take photo and post .

Avatar
Simon E [3866 posts] 1 month ago
1 like
Oldfatgit wrote:

I'm not letting this beat me though... LBS has a Paralane E2 e-road bike coming in soon to test - and I'm looking forwards to it  1

Sorry to read about your crash.

Yesterday I bumped into a clubmate in his 70s who is recovering from a serious illness and can't ride his bike for long or keep up with a group any more. He looked at the Ribble e-bike but decided to buy a Paralane2 from the LBS (red, 105 groupset) and is very impressed. He said it feels not so different from his Trek Madone. Hope you enjoy it.

Avatar
Oldfatgit [17 posts] 1 month ago
1 like
Simon E wrote:
Oldfatgit wrote:

I'm not letting this beat me though... LBS has a Paralane E2 e-road bike coming in soon to test - and I'm looking forwards to it  1

Sorry to read about your crash.

Yesterday I bumped into a clubmate in his 70s who is recovering from a serious illness and can't ride his bike for long or keep up with a group any more. He looked at the Ribble e-bike but decided to buy a Paralane2 from the LBS (red, 105 groupset) and is very impressed. He said it feels not so different from his Trek Madone. Hope you enjoy it.

Thank you Simon.

I was looking at the Orbea Gain and the Ribble, but discounted them as you can't remove the battery for charging.

I've no power or heat in the bike store, and concerned over battery life being reduced by the cold.

Although ... if I can't get the funds for the Paralane, the missus might have to lump a Ribble in the hallway  1

Avatar
Boatsie [538 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes
Oldfatgit wrote:
Simon E wrote:
Oldfatgit wrote:

I'm not letting this beat me though... LBS has a Paralane E2 e-road bike coming in soon to test - and I'm looking forwards to it  1

Sorry to read about your crash.

Yesterday I bumped into a clubmate in his 70s who is recovering from a serious illness and can't ride his bike for long or keep up with a group any more. He looked at the Ribble e-bike but decided to buy a Paralane2 from the LBS (red, 105 groupset) and is very impressed. He said it feels not so different from his Trek Madone. Hope you enjoy it.

Thank you Simon.

I was looking at the Orbea Gain and the Ribble, but discounted them as you can't remove the battery for charging.

I've no power or heat in the bike store, and concerned over battery life being reduced by the cold.

Although ... if I can't get the funds for the Paralane, the missus might have to lump a Ribble in the hallway  1

Wishing you well.
I was thinking of electric. Both Avanti blades have bottle screw holes on seat tube and both above and below angle beam of frame.
Eg a low mount of battery if converted. Pictured bike is hub gearbox and front guard isn't installed, hasn't been washed since last year and is ridden during storms.
I was thinking of whatever that crank drive unit is, comes as single wheel or double chain wheel.
Quality bikes. They sell cheap used down here. Add $1000Aus to assist torque electrically.
Just in case such suits you with something to do during recovery.
I changed my mind.. Happy without. Although the double chainwheel will probably go back to a triple when I can be bothered. The parts I have should work.

Avatar
Miller [299 posts] 1 week ago
1 like

@oldfatgit, what a horrible experience. 

Anyways... here's a bike I recently put together for commuting. I bought a Kinesis Tripster AT frame when they were widely on sale earlier this year and have built it up with Shimano Metrea components done as 1x11 and some carbon bars and seatpost from China. Comes in at 9.5kg as pictured. I'm really enjoying riding it, being able to use wider tyres really does make a commute on UK's endlessly dug up roads more pleasant.

 

//live.staticflickr.com/65535/48885156598_5e6280e4da_b.jpg)

 

Avatar
jbw118 [12 posts] 1 day ago
0 likes

Picture of my Summer Bike Ribble 872 with Cinelli finishing kit. Taken before it went into hibernation for a winter rebuild.

Pages