Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Pictures of your Bike

So, I figured that no bicycle forum would be complete without pictures of bikes! Post your photos here, no bike will be refused: Road TT Triathlon Cyclocross MTB BMX Shixie Fixie And anything else! Lovely bikes lovely, but everyday bikes interesting too. I won't post first, but I'm taking pictures right now.  1 I wanna see what bikes you're all riding!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1414 comments

Carmic0 | 6 years ago
6 likes

One of my steel bikes.  An Aussie made Reynolds 653 'Paconi' (Melbourne frame builder) from 1988.

Craigus Farticus | 6 years ago
2 likes

My 'new' old 1987 Rayleigh Equipe. All original except for the reflectors, the tyres and the mudguards. 

II've ridden her twice. Rode her yesterday and got two punctures and blew the side wall of the rear wall!!!  I managed to limp home and now have retro looking pink walled SCHWALBE tyres fitted. 

Newave2002 | 6 years ago
3 likes

Raleigh Supercourse. Shimano Dura-Ace, 53-39 w 11-28 rear cassette. Ksyrium Elite bladed spoke wheels and maxxis dentonators tires.

kil0ran | 6 years ago
1 like

Something a little different...

Planet X Giovannissimi 24"

//lh3.googleusercontent.com/UnI4Wvl0ulAUqXXgz0iTJ3Q3vWfLBtjVgRAPw411jS3t4ZW3cxITQGhKjGnpHaiL7qnzaQCVbF1W_bC63ThwZ5VF-IoA40rRe0k2_v_IACOM0AwJIRINNT-GxwxiJ0evO5c5-TCZy8jMvftCCkfWCxv2tjLOFVq25zZ8gMN0duAN2MjmKGpO1u8AyYU83pou1TpAJRNQpn3xAjWfIly7EAzXW7KtDIFgss1F2kowxUIxhbMYweiRvcO9cAdMuUzm9W2AGC7sodPGUvAAzM_7kG3L_5by1CoGbzluuhSGbBVe1iV6rxXQlYfLV0aCOU9oZBJojqfiiGlyBLVat0TuyNq4F8fB56NgQRqVIoWx3z3NCPLEX9ya6xDjfdmOFJUeRnhez-jG16N5URFZQdsDqTIwd8yrwPqp5UfY50FIyFJR4E43JjdeeGI-qpnOewui7XDi4A0k-Lscg-yc8P8Of_bE-s1LiZoeGWSGLLWMuue4ChVNsdDVIdfEMm9c-CxUEcwiklf_0KhL5Fo9hub6E9QiiMgLdCHsxzu_w0oDIDv0OCTIAEwmmwrDDpeSD6Wz69mOpbgyqlrsbGQt1nAax5KSypBETjNq2b6nW0HZ6eBv4g8lrjoZ4E03shAectkGbMZbgrO5n_CNzudW1uDi_XrRNK9mFaeLvA=w1416-h803-no)

520 wheels from an Airnimal Joey on Deore hubs

Group, saddle, and bars from an Islabikes Beinn 24

105 brakes from the parts bin (OK, ok, overkill for a kid's bike I know, but he can do awesome endos with them)

Ritchey Comp headset

Very light for a kids bike, goes like stink. 1x chainset, 8-speed cassette

A complete and utter PITA to build due to poor quality control and difficult to find parts. 1" external headset, 520 wheels are very rare, as are clinchers to fit them, hanger didn't fit well, fork had an odd crown race (turns out that Italian differs to JIS). Ultimately worth it due to massive grin on son's face. Just need to work out final bar/saddle position before cutting the steerer.

henryb | 6 years ago
2 likes

My new Genesis Equilibrium 20 - what a beauty!

Judge dreadful | 5 years ago
3 likes

I bought some new 25mm Tannus tyres for my old Triban 520. They quite suit it. 

Beecho | 5 years ago
4 likes

I’ve resisted posting here until now and am hoping this completes the fleet (yeah right), as my new Canyon Inflite really is the mutt’s nuts. Have been caning it on and off road with equal pleasure. Really do love this all (ish) terrain attack dog.

Dr Winston | 5 years ago
2 likes

Just returning to cycling and busy building up a few nice rides of various kinds. I think this one is my favourite so far.  A fairly standard entry level Carrera Epic that i've done up from way back then but smacks of it's day..

https://imgur.com/4ICMK8q

Mathemagician | 5 years ago
3 likes

Shiny new build. 

Richard1982 | 5 years ago
5 likes

Here's my current favourite bike...

Just realised that of the 8 bikes I have, 6 are singlespeed :-P 
https://www.pedalroom.com/members/Richard1982

rider on the storm | 5 years ago
2 likes

Hi everybody !

I'm new to road.cc so let me introduce myself.

I am a forty-year-old guy passionate about bikes since my childhood.

I divide my time between La Rochelle in France where I live and the south of England where I go every month.

Currently I have 2 bikes: a horrible old mountain bike to go to work (Decathlon Rock Rider 300) and a singlespeed that I mounted myself that I mainly use for long walks on small roads.

some characteristics of the "beast":

Columbus frame

chrome fork

Sturmey Archer crankset

Saddle Charge

Modolfo Corsa brakes

700x25 wheelset with Continental  UltraSport tires

weight 22,5 pounds

here's a picture of it 

Master Bean | 5 years ago
0 likes

My 2015 Cube Peloton SL. Still plodding along after much abuse off road.

fixiewarrior | 5 years ago
2 likes

Hi guys, thought I would share my build with you guy. The different setups. Feel free to leave your opinion.

Frame: Unknown Singularity | Size 58 - Aluminum 6066 T6
Fork: Unknown | Carbon (12K) with 1 1/8” - 30mm rake.
Wheels: American Classic 420 Aero Track | Clincher - 43mm deep - AC Bladed Spokes Black - AC Aluminum Nipples Silver - 18h Radial Front - 24h 2-Cross Rear
Saddle: NET Selle Italia | Custom Keirinstreets
Headset: LOOK | ALU-CARBON bonded
Handlebars: LOOK Pista | Carbon - 42mm width
Crankset: Sram Omnium Pista
Chainring: Kappstein ProLine III
Cog: Kappstein
Chain: the cheapest one

The build started with the main setup though to ride on the streets. The Singularity is a very sharp and compact frame, usually, I would ride a size 56 but with the Singularity, due to its geometry, I am riding a size bigger, 58.

The main components of the street setup are clearly the handlebars and the gear ration. The handlebars are a 72mm wide risers from Velocidad Components in aluminum. Considering that I live and ride in a city with very light traffic getting stuck in traffic between cars is not a problem I have to consider, so I can follow the wide bars fab!  1

The other aspect that changes on this streets setup is the gear ration I choose to ride with. Considering that my city is pretty flat and I am a lazy commuter I ride on a 49x16 ratio. Allows me to cruise around town without major issues… A few sprints every now and then and I get home with a smile in my race.

The other side of the setup is the racing one, and full disclosure, I only go to races to have a beer and have a great time. The mains change is the handlebars that I will ride with a Look track carbon handlebars that I got from a local legend racing for the local and national track team but as cool as they look, unless I am at the velodrome they are not the most comfortable, so for cries and other races like the Fixed42 I am really looking to upgrade it to something with more hand positions.

The gear ration as you can imagine will vary according to the race I am racing but the biggest chainring I have is a 51t and the smallest cog a 15t which is usually the ratio I ride in the local velodrome.

What do you guys think? Besides the super wide bars fab I really like the look and feel of my ride.

Nichola | 5 years ago
0 likes

nice indeed,

Surfshack | 5 years ago
4 likes

They say your first Ferrari should be red besides I’m over the murdered blacked out look. Campagnolo record groupset. HED Stinger4 wheelset. 

pault8084 | 5 years ago
4 likes

Hi all, new to forum and just got this Bianchi.

Surfshack | 5 years ago
3 likes

The other race machine. One Red, One White.

Bier25 | 5 years ago
1 like

ICAN Cycling Wheelset

Jester1138 | 5 years ago
1 like

Here is my Franken-bike Ingle speed 

vegasfoster replied to step83 | 6 years ago
1 like

step83 wrote:

Winter bike Eastway R3.0 minus bar tape with its turbo trainer wheel

//farm5.staticflickr.com/4600/39219570961_69b3be78a4_b.jpg)

I think first time I've seen mismatched tire color that was spot on.  Looks pretty sweet.

Beecho replied to Boatsie | 6 years ago
1 like

Boatsie wrote:

Dry weather commuter unless too difficult to ride.

Yeah, do stick to that. I have 5 bikes, all for different scenarios, yet still commuted on what’s essentially a track bike on a frosty Wednesday morning last week (and rode it down a cycle/ped path early AM). One fractured wrist later...

I, moron.

Really upset moron. Hope I’ve learned.

fukawitribe replied to Canyon48 | 6 years ago
1 like

wellsprop wrote:

Here's my latest edition,

2006 Specialized Transition Comp frameset built up with Ultegra 6800, a HED Trispoke and a custom Mavic Kysrium rear disc. It's stupendously fast!

I normally find tri-bikes .. errr . ..  an "acquired taste" .. but that really is a proper lovely looking machine. Super nice.

Kendalred replied to upriver | 6 years ago
2 likes

upriver wrote:

Latest incarnation of my neo-retro show pony

Simply stunning. Drool.....devil

Craigus Farticus replied to Newave2002 | 6 years ago
0 likes

Newave2002 wrote:

Raleigh Supercourse. Shimano Dura-Ace, 53-39 w 11-28 rear cassette. Ksyrium Elite bladed spoke wheels and maxxis dentonators tires.

That's a great looking bike. A great fusion of oldschool, modern and bling! I used to run Maxxix Detonators on my Hybrid......soooooo many punctures.  2

gmac101 replied to kil0ran | 6 years ago
1 like

kil0ran wrote:

Something a little different...

Planet X Giovannissimi 24"

//lh3.googleusercontent.com/UnI4Wvl0ulAUqXXgz0iTJ3Q3vWfLBtjVgRAPw411jS3t4ZW3cxITQGhKjGnpHaiL7qnzaQCVbF1W_bC63ThwZ5VF-IoA40rRe0k2_v_IACOM0AwJIRINNT-GxwxiJ0evO5c5-TCZy8jMvftCCkfWCxv2tjLOFVq25zZ8gMN0duAN2MjmKGpO1u8AyYU83pou1TpAJRNQpn3xAjWfIly7EAzXW7KtDIFgss1F2kowxUIxhbMYweiRvcO9cAdMuUzm9W2AGC7sodPGUvAAzM_7kG3L_5by1CoGbzluuhSGbBVe1iV6rxXQlYfLV0aCOU9oZBJojqfiiGlyBLVat0TuyNq4F8fB56NgQRqVIoWx3z3NCPLEX9ya6xDjfdmOFJUeRnhez-jG16N5URFZQdsDqTIwd8yrwPqp5UfY50FIyFJR4E43JjdeeGI-qpnOewui7XDi4A0k-Lscg-yc8P8Of_bE-s1LiZoeGWSGLLWMuue4ChVNsdDVIdfEMm9c-CxUEcwiklf_0KhL5Fo9hub6E9QiiMgLdCHsxzu_w0oDIDv0OCTIAEwmmwrDDpeSD6Wz69mOpbgyqlrsbGQt1nAax5KSypBETjNq2b6nW0HZ6eBv4g8lrjoZ4E03shAectkGbMZbgrO5n_CNzudW1uDi_XrRNK9mFaeLvA=w1416-h803-no)

520 wheels from an Airnimal Joey on Deore hubs

Group, saddle, and bars from an Islabikes Beinn 24

105 brakes from the parts bin (OK, ok, overkill for a kid's bike I know, but he can do awesome endos with them)

Ritchey Comp headset

Very light for a kids bike, goes like stink. 1x chainset, 8-speed cassette

A complete and utter PITA to build due to poor quality control and difficult to find parts. 1" external headset, 520 wheels are very rare, as are clinchers to fit them, hanger didn't fit well, fork had an odd crown race (turns out that Italian differs to JIS). Ultimately worth it due to massive grin on son's face. Just need to work out final bar/saddle position before cutting the steerer.

I built one of these up for my daughter, I went for 507 wheels and used long drop brakes but it was a nightmare finding tyres - ended up using 32mm kenda small blocks bought as spares from Islabikes. The drops bars are ex- e bay and I fitted a 16 speed Microshift shifter set but the front derailleur was too long and couldn’t cope with the large angle swept by the chain because of the short chain stays.  The chainset was new from Stronglight via spa cycles.  Once it all went together it was great.  The problem I found was that all the parts that Hoy, Frog and islabikes use aren’t available on the open market, they buy in bulk and use in their own bikes and the only way to get hold of it is to break an existing bike

Dr Winston replied to Craigus Farticus | 6 years ago
0 likes

I saw one of those a couple of days ago advertised for 35 quid...THIRTY FIVE QUID....unsurprisingly it was sold when i rang up...Not in the same condition as yours but still...

....and again...THIRTY FIVE QUID...!!!

Craigus Farticus wrote:

My 'new' old 1987 Rayleigh Equipe. All original except for the reflectors, the tyres and the mudguards. 

II've ridden her twice. Rode her yesterday and got two punctures and blew the side wall of the rear wall!!!  I managed to limp home and now have retro looking pink walled SCHWALBE tyres fitted. 

Boatsie replied to Beecho | 6 years ago
0 likes
Beecho wrote:

Boatsie wrote:

Dry weather commuter unless too difficult to ride.

Yeah, do stick to that. I have 5 bikes, all for different scenarios, yet still commuted on what’s essentially a track bike on a frosty Wednesday morning last week (and rode it down a cycle/ped path early AM). One fractured wrist later...

I, moron.

Really upset moron. Hope I’ve learned.

Thanks, I wish you well. I hope you didn't displace. I think I'll ride the fixie a fair bit as I hope to build leg strength and coordination. Just been riding, rides great but the aero wheels are coming off soon to roll a cheap heavier strong free fixed flip flop set that's sitting around. It's a nice relaxing feel continually spinning. A quick unclip early when I realised I couldn't hold or pedal backwards though.
I hope you heal well.

0 likes

Newave2002 wrote:

That's a great looking bike. A great fusion of oldschool, modern and bling! I used to run Maxxix Detonators on my Hybrid......soooooo many punctures.  2

Dr Winston replied to Craigus Farticus | 6 years ago
0 likes

I saw one of those a couple of days ago advertised for 35 quid...THIRTY FIVE QUID....unsurprisingly it was sold when i rang up...Not in the same condition as yours but still...

....and again...THIRTY FIVE QUID...!!!

Craigus Farticus wrote:

0 likes

Newave2002 wrote:

Pages

Latest Comments