Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro Stage 11

Its a long haul today, are we expecting a sprint? I've decided against bringing Cav back in, which makes him a nailed-on certainty for the stage. Visconti's back yard, and he's been there or thereabouts for a few days (ie since I transferred him out...) so might he be interested too?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

39 comments

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Average day, 88 points and gained 4 places, still 171 points behind 1st though, no bike for me  20

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've said before, I like technical sprints more than long straight drags but I admit, three crashes (two down to the organisers) is too many and when they as a race want to attract the top sprinters they need to sort it out for next year. Cav, Goss and the other top sprinters won't keep turning up if theres more chance of a broken collarbone than a couple of stage wins as they build up to the TdF.

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

What a fail today  2

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

No-one was at fault for the crash bar the race organisers. They made the corner to tight, MASSIVE exit (plenty of room to drop you bike and slide) and then into a narrow exit. It was always going to happen.

I think it was Modolo who went down first, but it was just a case of riders going into a tight bend and their wheels going from underneath them rather than anyone causing a mass pile up

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

not sure what happened with the transfer deadline, i'm investigating that

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Goss finished 10 minutes down, Kristoff and Guardini nowhere either, Schleck managed to lose 46 seconds today. Forget about TTing, that man can't descend for toffee. There's a huge descent to finish a stage in the next week, that could break Schleck long before the TT.

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Chicchi remembered he's the team sprinter!  14

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

Not as bad as it could've been, but 28 points lost thanks to the new random transfer deadline :(. I'm ****ed off.X(

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Who caused the crash?

TheBigMong | 11 years ago
0 likes

Is it me, or did Modolo nearly get his head cut off by someone's front wheel there?!  13

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ferrari
Chicchi
Vaitkus
Cavdendish
Belletti
Nizzolo
Schorn
Demare

I took Demare out the other day, But i've been playing the tactic that the sprints are not worth transferring in guys for as the routes are shocking, another final corner crash because its FAR to narrow

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Any idea what happened to Goss?

Gkam84 replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Any idea what happened to Goss?

I think, but unsure, he got dropped on the final little climb when Visconti gave it beans and the speed ramped up

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

pleased i went for cav and not goss

frankiejay | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ferrari
Chicchi
Vaitkus
Cavendish

etc...

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ferrari wins  2

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ferrari wins  19

Which is all good for me as i have 2 of their riders  4

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

Sky really controlling things here as we enter the last 5km. Goss is definitely nowhere to be seen at the front end.

Sounds like Schleck has been dropped on the descent.

EDIT:

Crap

Quote:

Three down on the final corner!

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

On the final climb, group of 6 in front at the summit, about 10km downhill and flat to go

Quote:

Damiano Caruso is one of the leading quartet of riders in the Visconti group. They are being joined by a couple more: Astana's Roman Kreuziger and Lampre's Michele Scarponi. Interesting.

Bah, once Scarponi got across Liquigas shut the break down, sprint finish for sure now.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Didn't Gatto finish 3rd in the Strade Bianche? and I'm sure he was in decent form during the Classics, he's not a bad call at all.

0 likes

Honestly, I sat here thinking about how I could get Cav, Goss and J-Rod in, then who would be left? Obviously not enough points to keep Hesjedal, so I needed somebody sub 15... and thought "Well, I've been burned by every Farnesi-Vini rider so far. Why not try again?"

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Gatto's a good call, I was tempted to pick him up for tomorrow actually seeing as I couldn't fit him in today.

I didn't realise though that today's finish is a mirror of Monday's with a very tight hairpin bend 400m from the finish, plus with the last climb 10km from the finish and maxing out at 8% there's no guarantee that it'll still be together for a sprint finish  17

0 likes

I'm super excited about the team today, which means I'm bound to have no luck whatsoever  1

Cavendish
Goss
J-Rod
Gatto

Guardini
Demare
Rubiano
Pozzovivo
Caruso

JAndrewHill | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've gone for . . .

Joaquin Rodriguez (KAT)
Ryder Hesjedal (GRM)
Sergio Luis Henao (SKY)
Mark Cavendish (SKY)

Arnaud Demare (FDJ)
Alexander Kristoff (KAT)
Miguel Angel Rubiano (AND)
Elia Favilli (FAR)
Damiano Caruso (LIQ)

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Today's breakaway

Quote:

Olivier Kaisen (Lotto Belisol), Adrian Saez (Euskaltel), Simone Ponzi (Astana), Stefan Denifl (Vacansoleil-DCM), Manuele Boaro (Saxo Bank) and Mickaël Delage (FDJ-BigMat)

That man Kaisen is there again!.

Can't seem them making it but at 6 with some serial escapists and Boaro (who can TT) they should make a good fist of it.

Also, Goss isn't doing too well and Tom Leezer of Rabobank is out.

Bobbys boys | 11 years ago
0 likes

Mark my words .... Bonnet sprinting for FDJ today  3

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

Missing out on making my transfers means I'm stuffed if it comes down to a sprint. Demare is my only sprinter but he's exhausted so Soupe will probably be FDJ's man today. I was going to bring in Cav, so expect him to win today.  2

drheaton replied to Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes
Wig_Billy wrote:

Missing out on making my transfers means I'm stuffed if it comes down to a sprint. Demare is my only sprinter but he's exhausted so Soupe will probably be FDJ's man today. I was going to bring in Cav, so expect him to win today.  2

Or, if the peloton ends up sat on their backsides on the floor again you could be on to a winner! Anyway, I was half tempted to give up on today and save my transfers for the big breakaway stage tomorrow so you could still do really well out of it.

Bobbys boys | 11 years ago
0 likes

Soupe is cooked  4

And whilst I'm on puns ... BBC website had a story about some sex toys stolen under the headline "Sex toys snatched" .... how do they get away with it?!  4  4  4

Wig_Billy | 11 years ago
0 likes

The transfer deadline's closed already??? I'm sure when I checked last night it was 11:35.

Pages

Latest Comments