Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Liege - Bastogne - Liege 2012

Will Monsieur Gilbert finally win a first place?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

166 comments

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Small break group today  20 Hopefully a few others (of mine) will join them

Dario Cataldo (Omega Pharma-Quick Step), Simon Geschke (Argos) and Kevin Ista (Accent Jobs)

Three trying to join them

Reinier Honig (Lanbouwkrediet), Gregory Habeaux (Accent Jobs) and Alessandro Bazzana (Team Type 1)

chrisdstripes | 12 years ago
0 likes

Ha! I had 7 definite riders and 36.9 points left. Based on Gkam's last two posts, my choice of Valverde and Ulissi, instead of the other option I gave myself - of Sanchez and Habeaux - is beginning to look a little dodgy...

ray silvester | 12 years ago
0 likes

On to fiddling around pre Giro now.........TimeTriallers who can sprint a bit for openers?

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Ok, Bunch is now at 12-35, so thats gonna be a long day out in the break and almost guaranteed your 10 points if you have any of the breakers.

I'm off on a ride for a couple of hours before it starts live on Eurosport at 2, if you want to keep up to date

http://live.cyclingnews.com/

http://www.letour.fr/2012/LBL/LIVE/us/100/depeches.html

Quote:

Euskaltel-Euskadi have confirmed that Igor Anton broke his left clavicle in his fall in the neutralized zone. "It was a most stupid fall," directeur sportif Gorka Gerrikagoitia told Biciciclismo. "He got just tangled up and went down."

petervdV | 12 years ago
0 likes

Newbie question here:

I wondered what the prizes for the Spring Classics are.
I am only in for the fun and not the prizes but now I am close to winning I am curious if there are any (except for the glory of course)

ray silvester | 12 years ago
0 likes

So we're looking at Paris-Nice 2012 stage 1 and TDF Rotterdam prologue 2010 as a bit of a form guide?

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yeh they are the sort of stages (As I think ones in the TDS are abit sort) There is another race that has happened this year which will tell you who my definite star guy is....

Wig_Billy | 12 years ago
0 likes

Habeaux in the break, glad I stuck with him :D. He tried and failed to get in it for the previous two races so I suppose this is 3rd time lucky.

londonplayer | 12 years ago
0 likes

PS Can't believe people are already discussing tactics for the Giro. I'm looking forward to 2 weeks off from discussing tactics  1

Mikeh789 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Eurosport coverage started early, 13:30.

_SiD_ | 12 years ago
0 likes

All my riders are now grey, somehow I think I won't be scoring heavily today!

S

0 likes

It's not raining - glad I chose J Rod - at the moment!

0 likes

Not convinced with my team now  39

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Just come back, it started early  20

I heard somewhere that Gerrans had a crash?? anything major  7

0 likes

I saw Geshcke crash but wasn't aware Gerrans had crashed?

0 likes

Not seen anything but ive been following the text as was watching the F1

Raleigh | 12 years ago
0 likes

Its raining  22
Gilbert looks fine  22
Pierre Rolland in the Break  22
Lost commentary for bit  22
Mehdi Sohrabi's not racing today (Surprising given his current form, top 3 places in Amstel and Flèche)  2

thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes

This breakaway could stay away, they are all watching each other in the peleton.
Rolland
Cataldo
Kiryenka

They can all ride

TERatcliffe26 replied to ray silvester | 12 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

On to fiddling around pre Giro now.........TimeTriallers who can sprint a bit for openers?

Dont go giving the game away  3

To be honest its more of a prologue than a time trial (just classed as a time trial beacuse it is slightly too long to be classed as a prologue)

If you do your research you will find the correct riders that will suit the first 5 stages without needing massive changes between them

londonplayer replied to TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Yep my man is Voeckler, pretty much said the rest of my team so will just list it in full

F Schleck
Voeckler
Vanendert
Gasparotto

Albasini
Nordhaug
Ulissi
Kreder
Florencio

As for others working others, I think its not the same as say someone needing to gain time over someone, its about timing your effort to the finish. Therefore its almost every man for himself between those there at the finish. So compared to other DS's I think Albasini still has a great chance of a top 10 if he is feeling good. Same with Ulissi and Nordhaug.

Interesting choice Voeckler. You could be right. He looked like a man possessed when he won a couple of weeks ago. I chose Gerrans. I was reading an article on Velonation about Greenedge and they felt this was his sort of race.

My team is

J Rod
Vanendert
Gerrans
Gasparatto

Kiserlovski
Ulissi
Albasini
Florencio
Simon

TERatcliffe26 replied to _SiD_ | 12 years ago
0 likes
_SiD_ wrote:

All my riders are now grey, somehow I think I won't be scoring heavily today!

S

They are still in the race

Once the clock has clicked over the game goes to the next race which is why they have turned grey

0 likes

anyone thinking about including Gerrans? he came 12th last year.

I agree with comments above that Cunego will be knackered. Wouldn't be surprised if he withdrew before race of even during.

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

Gerrans is a possible for me but I'm not sure, with Henao and Schleck/Nibali/Sanchez I've got room for a couple of mid-price stars but like the look of Vanendert and one other, Gerrans would be picked but I don't have enough transfers to move the credits around to pick him up instead of Henao.

Re Albasini, anyone think he's got a chance or has he had his turn and will he be working for Gerrans at the weekend?

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

Picking the italian Caruso is a bit dodgy . . . I followed him, but he hasn't delivered enough for me this season yet.

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

I can't decide which 2 sky riders to pick for l-b-l. Henao, Uran and Nordhaug all have a good case . . . does anyone have a crystal ball and can tell me which of these 3 is going to have a fall/puncture?

Which 2 would you go for, money being no object . . .  39  39  39

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

Henao and Uran - Nordhaug tried on FW and it didnt come off so it might be someone else's turn this week whereas Henao has been there or thereabouts for the last 2.

Looking at the hills they have to cover it might suit uran better.

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

Agreed, Nordhaug seems to have had and used his shot at glory, he'll be working for the team this time, what about Lofqvist though? He's been close to top 20 pretty much every year for the past 5-6.

Sim1 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Nordhaug was riding for Henao for the last section of FW - Urans had crashed early doors, and Nordhaug himself was not completely recovered from the crash when Cunego took him out at Amstel. Urans had to have a few stitches in his knee from FW, so if Nordhaug's now 100% for LBL, Sky might just go for him....

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Sky were bigging Nordhaug up the other day on their facebook and totally ignored Henao's top 20 finish  3

0 likes

If both are there at the finish, then both could top 20, not sure Nordhaug particularly needs a lead out, he looked strong the other day in the break for the finish. Had he not done that i reckon he would have top 20'ed

Pages

Latest Comments