Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Transfers

I have 6 riders from the last event that are not riding Tour of Flanders. I only have 4 transfers.

How can I get a full team... should be allowed to swap non-riders without using transfers.

How about it !!!!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

62 comments

enrique replied to dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes
dave_atkinson wrote:

... unlimited transfers next week...

Ah! Do you realize the peace of mind to know I can play around with my team at will and not be charged with any transfers right now? I don't have to count my transfers, wait to the last minute, check start lists (for now)! Yay! This is game heaven! Nirvana! Thank god for these relatively peaceful days! ... before the storm coming saturday night of course!  1

carl simpson | 12 years ago
0 likes

its ok .. you could of dropped a clanger by picking your team BEFORE the lists were released and have 4 riders now greyed out .. although itll probably make no differnce to my overall score as my classics results are pretty awful of late .. as long as boonen magically wins 4 .. ill be on track  20

The Terrible To... | 12 years ago
0 likes

If you have a rider 'greyed out' in your team can he still earn bonus points for being on the same team as the winner?

dave atkinson replied to The Terrible Tourists | 12 years ago
0 likes
The Terrible Tourists wrote:

If you have a rider 'greyed out' in your team can he still earn bonus points for being on the same team as the winner?

No.

Gkam84 replied to The Terrible Tourists | 12 years ago
0 likes
The Terrible Tourists wrote:

I can think of a long answer......so simple one. NO  3

coffee_queen | 12 years ago
0 likes

I suppose I didn't pay that much attention to how many transfers we have and when, but as it as at the moment, I have a full team having made only one transfer since GW so I think this time I was lucky and I'm definitely going to pay more attention in the future. I think I'm gonna leave my final final final selection until tomorrow night, though, and then be paranoid the entire time at work on Sunday that I've messed up and picked guys who aren't riding after all

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'm all over my tactics: read simon's preview and pick riders that he namechecks  1

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

i'll be updating the start list today

livestrongnick replied to dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

Cheers Dave  4

Hope you've got your tatics right, we need to catch Sparta_FC!  3

livestrongnick | 12 years ago
0 likes

Going back to my previous post, i mentioned that i have Roulston RSN but he's grayed out! Slight problem with that,  39 he's in RSN team list on cycling fever and RSN offical website??!  13

Dave can i have my rider back please?  4
Many Thanks  16

Alan Tullett | 12 years ago
0 likes

People should remember last year when you had to calculate possible transfers by hand, rider values could change so a combination that sneaked in before now didn't work and thank god for the reset button, use it all the time when there are unlimited transfers. The current system is so, so easy by comparison to last year.

Generally speaking finalising a team the evening before is not normally a problem during a GT. Sometimes do it early although leave it till late if I'm sure I'll have enough time. If there were doubts about a big star rider I might wait but apart from the last couple of stages which are on a weekend morning I've always made up my mind by the evening before with no real problems.

0 likes

On the plus side full list is available for Amstel gold!  39
http://www.amstelgoldrace.nl/index.php?pageId=33&languageId=12

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

http://www.cyclingfever.com/editie.html?detp=view&_ap=startlijst&editie_...

Some names starting to trickle onto the start list for P-R  3

drheaton replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

http://www.cyclingfever.com/editie.html?detp=view&_ap=startlijst&editie_...

Some names starting to trickle onto the start list for P-R  3

Although Vacansoleil seem to be trying to stack things in their favour by taking 11 riders  4

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

At the moment, i still have a full team so not making any changes, but have 2 spare just incase, because i can only carry 2 over to P-R hoping i wont need 6, but keeping them just incase

0 likes

If you think about it logically, If it's a DS grayed out then not a huge loss really is especially if he is one of those DS'S you pick just to make up the numbers.

I've lost one DS to gray out and he like 3 of my other DS never scored for me at Gent! so i'll just leave him and save my transfer for Roubaix.

Cheap DS chances of scoring are if you have a star who is likely to win a one day race. ie: had trentin OPQ and Boonen OPQ won, so bonus.

My grayed out rider is from RSN and can't put anyone cheap enough on the same team as my stars to have a chance of bonus so he stays in my team. Cancellara not gonna to win Flanders any rate  23

But i do wish Roubaix start list would hurry up!  14  39

Marky Legs | 12 years ago
0 likes

Didn't know they were grouped together. Either I totally missed it or it wasn't made obvious enough coming up to the first event

Guess I'll have to have a limited team. Domestiques will; not make up the 40 points

fluffchucker replied to Marky Legs | 12 years ago
0 likes
Marky Legs wrote:

Didn't know they were grouped together. Either I totally missed it or it wasn't made obvious enough coming up to the first event

I missed it as well as it wasn't clear  14 but found it in http://fantasy.road.cc/stages

obutterwick | 12 years ago
0 likes

Done my homework but sorry to see two of mine pull out so soon. Transfers not done yet - waiting til Friday night. Here's hoping there are no surprises before then, as I'm banking on a 1, 2, 3. For once.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I would expect to see a P-R provisional list before the weekend  3

Alan Tullett | 12 years ago
0 likes

@TERatacliffe26 I've got Demare as well as my only definite non-rider, GW was a bit tough for him but he may be useful later on I reckon. Already got me a few points when he got his first win.

Going to make my transfers at the last minute as quite a few riders could easily get injured this week and I'd like to see a provisional list for P-R as well.

I don't think 4 transfers is that bad and the Classics do split into a couple of groups with somewhat different terrain so I don't think the current system needs changing for next year.

Bobbys boys | 12 years ago
0 likes

I like the way it is. 4 transfers and homework are good enough .... especially as I am 5th overall  4

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I was one for keeping them all separate, but the majority was to split it slightly and give a couple of unlimited windows to help out the guys who play pursuit, so we all knew about it before hand.

As TER says, as soon as the Gent - Wevelgem finished i said this

Gkam84 wrote:

REMEMBER folks, don't go mucking about with your teams as you only get 4 transfers this time as the classic's are all grouped together into one "race" this year  13

So it was all about planning ahead, none of us know 100% that any rider will be in a race ahead of official FULL startlists are out, certain provisional lists are out there for people who want to check them

http://www.steephill.tv has alot, for instance, Vuelta al Pais Vasco starts on April 2nd, the provisional list has been out since 24th March

Also

http://www.cyclingfever.com/races.html is quite good at listing teams and riders

Thats only a couple of clicks if you don't want to get into loads of homework

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I have 8 out of 9 riders riding (knew demare wasnt riding, already had my transfers planned , but with some flexability). Its a homework issue in my opinion (fair enough having 1 or 2 no riding, but 6 seems like no research at all has been done. Its all right saying we should have unlimited transfers, but its the same for everyone, and others manage. As I said on a previous thread the classics is the trickiest comp to pick for due to the time gaps, but also the most rewarding points wise, so research is all the more important. and you cant just bring in the GC guys for easy points. Its a much more risk vs reward. (I will see if my risk is rewarded in Ronde)

i can tell you the full provisional start list for Ronde was online before Gent started (even if full rosters were not listed its easy to get an idea of riders who are gonna be riding), and i believe the same will happen for P-R before sundays race has started.

Making transfers the week before the race is your risk enrique. Gkam did warn all on the Gent thread about this straight after Gent had finished

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

Ditto, I've still got a full team.

We're not being flippant, that's just part of the game, the classics are difficult to predict and picking a team who'll mainly be riding all three is tough. Just be happy that Dave has added in two unlimited transfer windows rather than the 6 transfer windows that were in place up until a few weeks ago.

My advice, if some of your 6 are likely to ride the P-R keep them and transfer the others.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Most definitely a case of no homework or no forward thinking, ALL of my team from Gent - Wevelgem are riding Tour of Flanders

The only way to swap out the 6 riders is to lose 40 points  3

STEVESPRO 79 | 12 years ago
0 likes

40 I think thats what you call not doing your homework matey.....  24

enrique replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Marky Legs wrote:

I have 6 riders from the last event that are not riding Tour of Flanders. I only have 4 transfers... How can I get a full team [?]... should be allowed to swap non-riders without using transfers.
How about it !!!!

I agree with you. I really don't know if the start lists are available so far in advance, Are they? They sure seem to change a lot (!) at the last minute.

I agree we should have unlimited transfers in the Classics. I wish we did! As someone said in another thread:

fhoupg wrote:

I totaly agree with gkam84. There should be unlimited transfers after every single race.

Well, for whatever it's worth, I'm in a little bit of the same situation:

enrique wrote:

I selected Vladimir Isaychev and when I checked my squad today, he's grayed out...

I suggested:

enrique wrote:

... that we get a free transfer for any 'grayed out' riders we selected if (!)... [they were on the start list but were removed either by their team or the Roadcc game managers BEFORE (!) the start of the event]...

That said, I think your only option under the current rules is to use up some points buying extra transfers at 20 points each (!)  13

Ad, of course, follow the good doctor's advice:

drheaton wrote:

... if some of your 6 are likely to ride the P-R keep them and transfer the others.

It's a pretty intense game and it's geared for people who can stay up, look at the team rosters at the last minute, know cycling and its history, pay attention to the news and blogs, do their research, etc...

enrique replied to enrique | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'm bringing this conversation over from another thread. It seems more related to this topic than the other one.

enrique wrote:

Could we have transfers charged at the start of a race? Meaning I could make all the changes I want to make to my squad, save them in the game, but only be charged when the race proper starts. I could get messages saying, "These transfers will take effect at the start of the next stage. You have made 4 transfers from your last team" or something like that.

You could mark the rider that has been transferred in with a little green button or something that indicates that a transfer has been made in that slot... [it gives] those of us who don't want to wait to the last minute to enter our teams a chance to play with a little less pressure.

Professional teams provide a provisional start list to these races and make changes all the time. My idea is that we should be able to make changes to our teams, at will, on the game interface, and yet only be charged for transfers when the actual race starts.

So I could make 20 changes to my team, but as long as, at race start, I effectively only swapped four riders from my last team, in the Classics window that provides 4 transfers, for example, I should be under or at my free transfer limit and be ok.

TERatcliffe26 wrote:

On your storing up of rider changes, what if you change your mind? Should you then be allowed to change?

Yeah! As long as by race start, if I compare my previous team to my proposed team, in the case of the Classics, my 'new' team hasn't changed by more than 4 riders. I could play around with all sorts of combinations, and if I make a combination that exceeds the 4 changes to my original team, the system would warn me, that, compared to my last team, I have exceeded my transfers and will be charged so many points. It may sound complicated, but I think it's fair.

I understand:

TERatcliffe26 wrote:

In my opinion if you change early that is your loss and shouldnt have the chance to remake the change. I know exactly the transfers i want to make but will wait until the night before to do so just in case.

but...

drheaton wrote:

... there's nothing more frustrating than transferring someone in at 10pm only for them to abandon the race overnight... I don't have a great deal of access to the game in the mornings so I have to make my changes early meaning effectively I'm sometimes penalised for being busy.

and...

drheaton wrote:

I like the idea of transfers being stored up and processed on the deadline eliminating any possible advantage people might get from not having anything better to do at 10am on a weekday morning...

TERatcliffe26 replied to enrique | 12 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

Yeah! As long as by race start, if I compare my previous team to my proposed team, in the case of the Classics, my 'new' team hasn't changed by more than 4 riders. I could play around with all sorts of combinations, and if I make a combination that exceeds the 4 changes to my original team, the system would warn me, that, compared to my last team, I have exceeded my transfers and will be charged so many points. It may sound complicated, but I think it's fair.

But that is one of the rules, once you make your transfers that is final, so once you make your 4 that is it, so if you stored up your transfers, ie before stage 3 of a GT you made your transfers for stage 6, then you shouldnt be allowed to re-change them as the rule is once you click the big green button your transfers are final.

That is why if possible you shouldnt make your transfers till as close as possible

As for playing round wiht your team, you can so long as you dont actually make the transfers, you just click the reset transfers button, but then actually make your transfers when you have decided

Pages

Latest Comments