Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

The Worlds TT

So what are the tactics for this with the new rules?

I see two main options, having more AR's and compromising you DS's or having less AR's and some better DS's

At the moment i have 1 GC, 4 AR's and 4 DS's however two of my DS's are not great shouts, in effect they are just riding, however i believe i have 6 really good chances from that

My other option would be to revert to 1 GC, 3 AR's and 5 DS's allowing me to improve my DS's and possibly have 7 or 8 decent hopefuls

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

63 comments

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

My view on Cancellara is that if it's a choice between him and a non-TTing DS and a top 5 TTer and a top 20 DS I'd rather split the risk and get broadly the same points.

That being said he's a guaranteed top 5 finisher whereas everyone else there's a bit of risk involved. Him and Tony Martin and pretty much the only ones who you can really call bankers.

I think the riders that will separate the top few teams will be the medium to low price domestiques, picking the ones who'll ride well on the day will be the main difference.

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

well my TT GC guy is cheaper than any of the TT AR's id replace him with, so im sure you can work out who that is

So im guessing you dont have fabian, thats my other option to take him out and go cheaper in that category and improve one of my DS guys but as it stands im not sure

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

My current line-up is 5 AR, 4 DS purely because I couldn't afford any more ARs. Other than perhaps three GC guys there's not loads of TT talent in that category and they're more pricey than the ARs, Brajkovic in particular whilst a good shout is quite expensive compared to mid-level TTing ARs.

I think the main tactic will be to stack in as many of the very good Time-trialing all-rounders then fill with the cheapest TTing DSs.

As it stands my team doesn't feature the big man but I have 9 riders who can get top 20 in the TT based on past performance. In fact I'd put money on at least 4 being top 10 weather/crash/injury permitting.

Pages

Latest Comments