Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

The Worlds TT

So what are the tactics for this with the new rules?

I see two main options, having more AR's and compromising you DS's or having less AR's and some better DS's

At the moment i have 1 GC, 4 AR's and 4 DS's however two of my DS's are not great shouts, in effect they are just riding, however i believe i have 6 really good chances from that

My other option would be to revert to 1 GC, 3 AR's and 5 DS's allowing me to improve my DS's and possibly have 7 or 8 decent hopefuls

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

63 comments

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Didn't really put his foot in it, rather he hid away for the third time  19

Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes

woops

Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes

At the moment I've got my ideal lineup with exactly ZERO credits left. I've got 1 leader, 3 AR, and 5 DS, representing 8 countries, and 4 languages. To be honest one of my guys will have to have an absolute blinder to make the top 15 and is only there because Alex Rasmussen went and put his foot in it.

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Ahh right, you would have thought it would be done by then, well its on eurosport from the start i believe so i should watch it unless anything else comes up

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hope so cause i wont be about on Tuesday night or Wednesday at all, so if someone wants to take on commentary of the TT for me  4

0 likes

i dont know i think most teams are gonna announce over the weekend, so maybe dave will get it by monday

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, so when will the final list be released and the game chopped down to those riders??

0 likes

i think EBH said a while ago he wouldnt be racing the TT and concentrating on the RR

0 likes

yup lots that you expect to race not racing, and i believe all of those teams are trimmed down, and some of those for the TT with 3 or 4 are including there reserve racers from articles i ave read on cycling news

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

So i see, either is EBH which was mentioned earlier, only 1 from Norway

Reidar BORGERSEN

I wish they'd split the rider list into the Road Race and the TT, that way you don't have to look through so many riders  14

0 likes

The guy that came 3rd? German? if so he isnt racing

or i may have the wrong race but i dont think i do

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

OK, found the offical list of registered riders now

http://www.uci.ch/Modules/BUILTIN/getObject.asp?MenuId=MTI1NDk&ObjTypeCo...

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Nope i don't have the 2nd guy cause i would have just said top 2  19

Have you got a startlist somewhere, i cant find anything giving me an idea of who is or might be riding

0 likes

interesting choice on that guy, i dont think his TT has been on form this season, is he defo riding? i haven't seen him down on any lists, and isnt listed under his country on the main list i am going by

Ahh yes i know what you mean (i think), i have the one that came 1st like you, and you have the guy that came 2nd right? one of my other guys came 4th in that race

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Ah ha, yes he did indeed, my 1 who didn't get the top 20 last year came 9th in the same stage

If you have a look at the 2010 standing and then think what other race might be comparable to the ELITE men's TT, you'll find my other 2 in the top 3  3

But all my team options have Fabian in there and none have Martin

0 likes

yh i have two team options, 1 with fabian and 1 without basically. yh i know what you mean, and there are lot of people in the comp that know less than us, or else we wouldnt be so high overall

not that guy, but if everyone wants to believe it is him then let them  1

he came 4th in grenoble in july i believe

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I would show you my two team options, but there are too many people who are getting tips from us posting teams and tactics and they don't contribute to the forum's  16

A Belgian TT man?  13 you think he'd rather then TT over the RR? i doubt it

0 likes

yh ive gone martin, ive gone for another option that is a similar price to millar

if i take out a certain belgium rider who i really want in my team i could refigure my DS's to get fabian in

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Also, i dont have larsson, grabsch or oyarzun, grivko  26

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

So you've gone for Tony Martin then?? he's not in my team, but i keep changing Wiggo for Janez, so i could in theory get Martin, Millar and Fabian if i took Wiggo in and switched one of my DS for a cheaper one  4

0 likes

leading me up a blind alley again

i know i have 3 credits remaining

my team just looks a mess and will continue to do so as i really cant afford fabian or millar

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Oh hang on, 1 wasn't in the top 20 and 2 weren't even in the race, but did win other things at the world champs  19

I have Fabian and Millar also, none of the 9 race for the same team  19

Current team value: 172.9, 5.3 credits remaining.

0 likes

i dont know how you have managed to afford that!

because you must have brako
and if you have fabian, surely you cant have porte or millar to afford it  17

so you must have brako, martin, fabian, larsson, grabsch

are there even 4 DS's in that top 20 that are even riding??
scratch that just about 4 lol

bodnar, konovolovas, oyarzun, grivko

(or you could be pulling my leg!)

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yeah but this is only a provisional team until a list comes out, because at the moment, everyone is listed, so that'll be cut down to maybe 70??

Just looked up, i have half the top 10 from 2009 when he did race  4

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

Ah, but doing it that way Gkam you miss out on the likes of Pinotti who didn't race last year and the new crop of talent like EBH who might feature.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Well my current team is 9 of the riders that finished in the top 20 last year and without chopping Fabian  4

0 likes

same here Gkam, but in the end i had to sacrifice fabian

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'm currently going 1GC 4AR and 4DS

But when the TT startlist is out, i think i may have to change one or two because there will only be a limited amount of starters, unlike the road race, study form of past world TT's have been my tactics, there is a full list of all finishers since 1994 easily available to all  19

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'm leaning the other way, Cancellara and a DS worth maybe 5 'credits' combine to be worth the same as nearly two potential top 10 all-rounders. The most points Cancellara can get is 20, and you may get 3-5 from a 5 credit DS, two 20-25 credit ARs might get you 35+ points on a good day.

I'm unlikely to drop out of the top 200 now and never going to get into the prizes so I have nothing to lose and will try for the stage win so I'm more inclined to take risks.

0 likes

well thats the problem if i take the risk and take him out and for example go for a fuglsang or millar etc and they dont do as well as expected and neither does the DS's i improve then its a loss

its whether its worth the risk

im more likely to change my cheapest AR for an expensive DS and improve one of my cheap DS's

Pages

Latest Comments