Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Stage 7 TdS

On the Fluellapass, with the breakaway 7 minutes ahead of the yellow jersey group. Come on Bakelandts, you b*gger!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

62 comments

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Kruijswijk, Franks and Danielson have hit off the front

lets hope they can pull in some of the break, because all my riders and now in the top 30ish  4

Timbo13 replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Kruijswijk, Franks and Danielson have hit off the front

lets hope they can pull in some of the break, because all my riders and now in the top 30ish  4

I've got Kruijswijk and Franks too!

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Cunego has gone for it, closed the gap to 5 mins already  13

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Love it, but its not in French, thats the problem

Its being updated in 3 languages and local dialects

French-swiss, German-swiss and Italian-swiss and all intermingled with local dialects

Its stupid with it being a big race they dont have an English version

rcs500 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hilarious auto-translation from French on the TDS live ticker.

They meant to say that the peloton has started the final climb.

The auto-translations instead said:

"The platoon also attacks the cervix."

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Today is going to be a killer day for me as my only rider in the break Gasparotto has disappeared, starting to be some guys going off the front of the main pack, all the leaders at the front dont seem to care about closing anymore time, so i'm gonna have to grab points from the GC today  20

Timbo13 | 12 years ago
0 likes

De Gendt suffering at the front.

Dietziker appears to be struggling in the breakaway

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Andy closing the gap at speed to de gendt with Bakelandts trying to hold his wheel

In the main pack, Robbie Hunter of all people dragging Levi up to the front with O'Grady and Gerdemann trying to drag Frank Schleck up

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

7 min the break have as they start the last climb, de gendt still off the front with around 40 sec

Timbo13 | 12 years ago
0 likes

last intermediate sprint: 1. De Gendt, 2. Paolini, 3. Gutierrez.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

De Gendt has gained nearly a min on the break

Timbo13 | 12 years ago
0 likes

1st intermediate sprint (not that it means anything for the Fantasy scoring):
1. De Gendt, 2. De Gendt, 2. Gutierrez, 3. Gutierrez, 3. Bakelants.

And De Gendt's gone on a solo.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yup i've got it live, De Gendt has gone up the road and got 38 sec on the break and they in turn have 6.41 on the yellow jersey

0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Yup i've got it live, De Gendt has gone up the road and got 38 sec on the break and they in turn have 6.41 on the yellow jersey

Feel free to chip in!

Timbo13 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Gkam, you got access to pictures? I'm working from a ticker feed, and the auto-translate means I have to double-check the original French to make sure what it means!

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Nah Hincapie didn't make anything stick, they were just going for the sprint because of the time bonuses

Timbo13 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hincapie made a break for freedom (or for the two intermediate sprints coming up before the Cat 1 climb). No news on whether he made it stick.

In the meantime, Cunego seems bereft of team-mates at the mo. Wouldn't want to face the final climb without some support.

Actually, I probably wouldn't want to face the final climb at all.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I think most of the break will stay away today by the looks for it  14

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

You lot can carry on the stage today, gives me a rest, lol  4

0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

You lot can carry on the stage today, gives me a rest, lol  4

Gap down to 5:45, as the leaders hit the slopes of the 2nd climb of the day, a short sharp Cat2.

Timbo13 replied to Timbo13 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Di Luca's been dropped off the back of the peloton, together with about 30 others.

0 likes

Approaching the top of the Cat 2 with 40km to go. All 17 in the breakaway apparently working well together. Gap back over 6 mins.

From the top of the col the route is near enough all downhill before a testing Cat 1 10km or so from the end.

0 likes

Cat 2 Mountain: over the top were:
1. Andy Schleck, 2. Andy Schleck, 2. De Gendt, 3. De Gendt, 3. Rojas Gil, 4. Rojas Gil, 4. Lagutin, 5. Lagutin, 5. Devenyns.

Andy S now only 1 point off behind Ten Dam in the KoM classification

stewieatb | 12 years ago
0 likes

Seems to be after a jersey doesn't he? He's only 9 points off the top of the KM!

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

well i only have Rojas in the break as i decided last night to transfer out gasperotto and put in caruso (katusha)

Timbo13 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Waiting for Gkam to take over commentary, but for now, another update

Close to the top of the HC peak situated about half-way though the stage. The break now has 8:35 on the field.

The 17 breakaway riders are Andy Schleck (LUX), Manuele Boaro (ITA), Jan Bakelants (BEL), George Hincapie (USA), Christian Vandevelde (USA), Alberto Losada (ESP), Luca Paolini ( ITA), José Ivan Gutierrez (ESP), Angel Madrazo Ruiz (ESP), Jose Joaquin Rojas Gil (ESP), Enrico Gasparotto (ITA), Javier Aramendia (ESP), Dries Devenyns (BEL), Thomas De Gendt (BEL) Sergey Lagutin (UZB), Marcão Marco (ITA) and Andreas Dietziker (SUI).

(info shamelessly nicked from the official TdS live ticker, with hilarious Google autotranslation).

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

Bakelandts! i wonder if i transferred him out...

rcs500 replied to dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

I've got 2 in the break today, though of course I recently transferred out Gasparotto. Jose Joaquin Rojas has really been the best sprinter for the mountain days. He made the top 20 in early stages, and he's been top 25 or 30 in others. I'm really impressed with his climbing.

Timbo13 replied to rcs500 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Bakelandts is the top placed GC rider in the breakaway, although he's over 10 minutes off Cunego. If (I say if) this breakaway stays away (and there are a goodly amount of them to work together), then he could make his way into the top 10.

0 likes

Apparently the first five over the mountain are Andy Schleck, Vandervelde, Bakelandts, Paolini and Hincapie

Pages

Latest Comments