Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Transfers

So i made my transfer the other day, i came on today and noticed another rider grey'd out, but i have used my 6 transfers, so does that mean i cant change him till after Gent?  20

Was Ed Boasson Hagen and i had to scrap another rider just so i could squeeze him in

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

51 comments

a.jumper | 13 years ago
0 likes

Why can't we carry unused transfers forwards? That would reward those of us who plan ahead.

Also, can you get rid of the lame javascript that displays the transfer list only after a radio button is clicked, please? It's annoying to click a rider's name (either by mistake or to see past results) and then to click back and have no transfer list displayed.

waxenjackson | 13 years ago
0 likes

I can't believe my luck! I made my transfers this morning and now 4 of them are not racing! I'm going to find a quiet corner and cry myself to sleep.  20

dave atkinson replied to waxenjackson | 13 years ago
0 likes
waxenjackson wrote:

I can't believe my luck! I made my transfers this morning and now 4 of them are not racing! I'm going to find a quiet corner and cry myself to sleep.  20

i lost three riders. barry, vandenbergh and terpstra all fancied a lie-in, then  14  14

TERatcliffe26 replied to dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

Me too lost 4 riders that were in when i did my transfers the other day and are now gone

sanderville | 13 years ago
0 likes

Maybe Andy Schleck had his brother in his fantasy team when he kept waiting for him on Ventoux.

JAndrewHill | 13 years ago
0 likes

I wonder if any of the pro cyclists do fantasy cycling?
And if they did, and say, Bradley W had picked Matt Goss for his team, might he consider leading him out at the finish just so that he could get more
fantasy points?

Simon_MacMichael | 13 years ago
0 likes

Erland, no apologies needed for your language  1

First question - yes, transfers are limited, but that puts the onus on players to plan ahead a little bit in using their transfers.

If that means choosing now before the Tour of Flanders (or next week, prior to Paris-Roubaix) riders who are likely to also ride Amstel Gold, that is a selection decision that you need to make.

Some people I imagine will go for the strongest possible team they can in Flanders and Roubaix and accept that they may not have a full complement of riders for Amstel Gold.

Second question - breakaway bonus for Gent-Wevelgem (and Milan-San Remo) was awarded as follows: "Breakaway bonus: 5 points to any rider in a lead breakaway of less than 10 riders that's away at half distance."

So the points on Saturday went to the earlier five-man break including Voeckler, Timmer, etc. The Stannard, Sagan etc break was well after halfway, from memory it went around 30km from the finish.

It should be noted that points scoring may vary from race to race, and between individual stages on stage races.

To check, go to the Fantasy Cycling home page, click stage listing on the left, then click on the name of the race or stage you want to check.

Hope that clarifies things.

erland replied to Simon_MacMichael | 13 years ago
0 likes

Thanks.you make it clear.I didnt understood the breakaway must "begin" before halfway distance .However nothing changes for me.

erland | 13 years ago
0 likes

another question : what is a breakaway bonus ?in other words why Stannard Chavanel Sagan Bodnar in Genk Wewelgem are not consider as a breakaway ?thanks

erland | 13 years ago
0 likes

i m french so excuse me for my bad language.i think it will be very difficult to have only 4 transferts between Paris roubaix and Amstel.The teams will remove their riders at 80%.my opinion is it could be 6 transferts like you propose for milan san remo to genk wewelgem .Thanks for the game .i will invite friends to join the game for the giro

Chas | 13 years ago
0 likes

Thanks RoadCC/ Mr Farrelly & Atkinson for a gem of a great idea . Thoroghly enjoying myself here - wish i'd have started at the begining so I could have been up with in the points

Opismath | 13 years ago
0 likes

I quite like these forums since they appear to have answered all my questions,without having to resort to typing anything. Er just one final thing , any insider tips for the next stage . . leave Cav out, he's typically saving himself for the TDF - by throwing himself to the pave' at every opportunity .

dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

that loophole should be plugged now, sorry  1

lanterne_r0uge | 13 years ago
0 likes

Why do I get a warning on the "pick your team" page that i'm over budget when I still have credit left? I thought the restriction of 175 was just applicable to the first round. I now have 178.9 total but if I go above 175 I get a warning telling me to sell a rider. I don't see the point in having more credit than you are allowed to use. I'm not the brightest so I may be missing something?  39

dave atkinson replied to lanterne_r0uge | 13 years ago
0 likes
lanterne_r0uge wrote:

Why do I get a warning on the "pick your team" page that i'm over budget when I still have credit left? I thought the restriction of 175 was just applicable to the first round. I now have 178.9 total but if I go above 175 I get a warning telling me to sell a rider. I don't see the point in having more credit than you are allowed to use. I'm not the brightest so I may be missing something?  39

nope you're not missing anything, my bad: should have taken it off.

interested that you're seeing 'pick riders', not 'transfers' - have you not completed your team?

Chimpage replied to dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

Both myself and friend also have the same issue with transfers - we know our teams are in as we have points from the ghent race, however we both still have pick riders and not transfers! (not that I am complaining after my performance....  3

Gkam84 | 13 years ago
0 likes

I think everyone should get 2 last min transfers to cover for last min pull outs, cause if we're going to study the past form and things like i have and see that Eddi Boss won in 09, so thought he might have a chance, then he pulled out last min  2

dave atkinson replied to Gkam84 | 13 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

I think everyone should get 2 last min transfers to cover for last min pull outs, cause if we're going to study the past form and things like i have and see that Eddi Boss won in 09, so thought he might have a chance, then he pulled out last min  2

if you want to save 2 transfers - or all of them - till the last minute then you're welcome to do so... probably a good idea to leave them fairly late, truth be told. there are always changes.

dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

you can remove wiggo and put someone cheaper in. just make sure you're listing 'everyone' in the sort options, not just the riders for the next stage.

Gkam84 | 13 years ago
0 likes

Yeah its rubbish that you cant remove a rider because there are no other GC leaders, it means you cannot shift the points around, if you had a high points GC from San Remo then your screwed for using the points elsewhere

thefatcyclist | 13 years ago
0 likes

Why can I not remove Brad Wiggins, it seems that there are no GC leaders riding this race, so this means I cannot use the points elsewhere.

Pages

Latest Comments