Home

I've got a rear wheel needing some new 6000-2RS bearings. A google is throwing up all sorts of AliExpress and AliBaba links.

Wiggle are offering a product from "Brand X" bearings. Is there any reason not to just dive in and use them? If so, can anyone recommend a brand or supplier, please?

8 comments

Mathemagician [71 posts] 1 month ago
1 like

https://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/p368921/NSK-6000DDU-Rubber-Sealed-Deep...

Alternatively, NTN, or a couple of other high end manufacturers are names I'd go with.

Richbeck [38 posts] 1 month ago
1 like
srchar [1578 posts] 1 month ago
1 like

I'd go for FAGs from www.simplybearings.co.uk

CXR94Di2 [2730 posts] 1 month ago
2 likes

Most these are decent bearings

SKF, Koyo, NSK, Fag, Timken, Codex, NTN, Enduro, IKO

Simply bearings sell them. Dont buy cheap unbranded from ebay

Boatsie [469 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

+1 with Cxr94di2.

A Google search of bearings or similar might reveal a local bearing distribution centre.
When not working and the time to change my own I found quality from them. I think our local is CRC. (Not 100% sure of name)
Last bearings I replaced I dropped the whole wheel at my LBS Avantiplus and basically swapped my time at work with their labour via the monetary system. I don't know the bearings, just asked to have have quality please.

maviczap [389 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

Aire Valley bearings are another source of bearings. They deal in bicycle bearings, but a bearing is a bearing

Just put in your bearing size to their search

barongreenback [160 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

I've used Wych bearings for several years now http://www.wychbearings.co.uk - very quick dispatch and most things usually in stock.  Good choice in of bearings across sizes e.g. higher ABEC, ceramic etc. if you want to splash the cash.  Generally though the ABEC 3 standard Enduro bearings have been more than sufficient for me and lasted well.

TheLonelyOne [396 posts] 1 month ago
1 like

Cheers all. Just ordered some SKF replacements. Given what came out of the wheel, I suspect I'll notice some improvement...

image host