Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Le Tour

When can we join Le Tour de France?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

190 comments

Dr Winston replied to MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

Dr Winston wrote:

DID you see the WVA result today?

That is impressive, beating an in from Lampaert by a considerable margin.

WVA demonstrating he is a top, top ITT rider.

If he concentrates on ITT he can be world champion soon.

unless MVP decides to ITT

Incredible how 2 riders can come to the fore so soon in their careeers.

Interesting times. I’ve been looking at the betting odds for the win...Porte at 14/1 sums up that maybe the field for the high mountains and SF’s may not be as strong as some years (he,’s done nothing to warrant 14/1)..but then the field for rolleurs, punchers and medium mountains looks incredibly strong. ..I can’t remember better.

What’s even better is that this paticular year suits them well. 

What do you think? 

stevemarks replied to Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

MinardiM189 wrote:

Dr Winston wrote:

Interesting times. I’ve been looking at the betting odds for the win...Porte at 14/1 sums up that maybe the field for the high mountains and SF’s may not be as strong as some years (he,’s done nothing to warrant 14/1)..but then the field for rolleurs, punchers and medium mountains looks incredibly strong. ..I can’t remember better.

What do you think? 

Matthews v Sagan v Alaphilippe with GVA and WVA going to be very competitive if they all go for green although I suspect Ala may try for Pokka Dots.

The odds for the overall have come in a long way for all the main contenders since froome crashed which just shows the uncertainty, frankly Bernal at 9/4 is absurd but who in their right mind would back Porte at 14's

I can never remember seeing so many really strong TTT's either Look at EF and CCC and they are like 4/5 best teams here maybe?

It's the sprints that look a bit lightweight no Ackermann or Bennett, Kittel gone Gaviria out. Th rouliers are going to be looking to mop up points in every sprint.

Dr Winston replied to stevemarks | 4 years ago
0 likes

stevemarks wrote:

Dr Winston wrote:

MinardiM189 wrote:

Dr Winston wrote:

What do you think? 

Matthews v Sagan v Alaphilippe with GVA and WVA going to be very competitive if they all go for green although I suspect Ala may try for Pokka Dots.

The odds for the overall have come in a long way for all the main contenders since froome crashed which just shows the uncertainty, frankly Bernal at 9/4 is absurd but who in their right mind would back Porte at 14's

I can never remember seeing so many really strong TTT's either Look at EF and CCC and they are like 4/5 best teams here maybe?

It's the sprints that look a bit lightweight no Ackermann or Bennett, Kittel gone Gaviria out. Th rouliers are going to be looking to mop up points in every sprint.

Valverde has hardly had a mention, such is the strength of those that could do well in the stages that looks like one day races...and there are many...

stevemarks replied to Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

stevemarks wrote:

Dr Winston wrote:

MinardiM189 wrote:

Dr Winston wrote:

What do you think? 

Valverde has hardly had a mention, such is the strength of those that could do well in the stages that looks like one day races...and there are many...

wealth of riches Benoot, wellens and Kwiatkowski are riding too.

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

These temperatures in France are starting to look worryingly high.

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
2 likes

Mrs Winston has played a blinder again this year by booking our holiday for the first half of the TDF back in the same place as last year with the almost non existent internet connection. Undaunted i’ve Been out today and got myself a couple of TDF magazines to help me along. I can confirm that Froome, Dumoulin, Simon Yates and Roglic are heavily tipped in the “one to watch” section....

Seriously though...this years race is so much better than last years sprint fest.

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Another big name out after the withdrawal of Froome and Dumoulin....Gaviria has failed to recover from a knee injury so has withdrawn to try and be ready for the Vuelta.

That might actually be good news for UAE...that Gaviria/Kristoff thing just seems messy....

MinardiM189 replied to Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

Another big name out after the withdrawal of Froome and Dumoulin....Gaviria has failed to recover from a knee injury so has withdrawn to try and be ready for the Vuelta.

That might actually be good news for UAE...that Gaviria/Kristoff thing just seems messy....

When they raced together in UAE Tour it seemed to work very well. Kristoff must be reasonably happy with the situation as he just signed for another year.

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

On

Only one team declared so far....Team Jumbo-Visma

Kruiswijk, Groenewegen, Van Aert the obvious picks.

I can see Kruiswijk possibly ending up in a lot of purist teams...Bernal, Fuglsang and co will be expensive bit Kruiswijk’s results have been a bit meh this year...so he might turn out to be affordable when picking our teams alongside a more expensive pick or two for up the mountains.

Condor Andy | 4 years ago
2 likes

Probably sometime next week, I'll be setting it all up soon  1

Pages

Latest Comments