Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour of California

I was just checking this year's route and noticed that some stage profiles on PCS are different than those on the Official Site. It looks like PCS have used profiles used in earlier races.

Looks like stage 2 & 7 are different. The start & finish towns are the same as in previous years but the route between is different.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

44 comments

Sniffer replied to MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

Dr Winston wrote:

I saw that. Did you know it was quite an early deadline compared to the day before?...I nearly missed it because of that.

Just checked and my transfers were made at 17:07

The deadline today is around 18:00

I think it was 16:15 yesterday.

MinardiM189 replied to Sniffer | 4 years ago
1 like

Sniffer wrote:

MinardiM189 wrote:

Dr Winston wrote:

I saw that. Did you know it was quite an early deadline compared to the day before?...I nearly missed it because of that.

I'm going to do a Viviani. indecisionindecisionangrynoindecision

Dr Winston replied to Sniffer | 4 years ago
0 likes

Sniffer wrote:

MinardiM189 wrote:

Dr Winston wrote:

Aye...something like that. All I know is I very nearly missed it around that time.

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Almost forgot all about this race...just about squeezed my team in with minutes to spare. Not sure i’ve Done a decent job or not.

MinardiM189 replied to Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

Almost forgot all about this race...just about squeezed my team in with minutes to spare. Not sure i’ve Done a decent job or not.

I have messed up a bit, I was using a budget of 150 to plan my team for today's stage and can't afford to bring in the riders I intended and keep Sagan. indecision

Dr Winston replied to MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

Dr Winston wrote:

I have messed up a bit, I was using a budget of 150 to plan my team for today's stage and can't afford to bring in the riders I intended and keep Sagan. indecision

Could be a blessing Minardi. I know he won on the flat yesterday but he’s hardly covered himself in glory on the rolling races this year. We’ll see.

MinardiM189 replied to Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

Could be a blessing Minardi. I know he won on the flat yesterday but he’s hardly covered himself in glory on the rolling races this year. We’ll see.

It was Sagan or another sprinter. Sagan has more chance of finishing top20, is leading the points classification and could get an assist for Schachmann or Grosschartner. He has also been training at altitude recently, and today's stage is HIGH.

Anyway he is out of my team now.

archieboy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Looks like Stites took bonus seconds at the first intermediate sprint.

tony kappler | 4 years ago
0 likes

Stage 1 scoring issues;

The ToC official site says the Young Rider's jersey is for riders "under age 25", which to me means Halvorsen should be in white. Can anyone enlighten me on this matter?

I scored according to the early PCS results. Apparently Grosschartner must have had a crash or mechanical issue in the last 3km, and so is now 8th on GC. I will fix this tomorrow.

MinardiM189 replied to tony kappler | 4 years ago
0 likes

tony kappler wrote:

Stage 1 scoring issues;

The ToC official site says the Young Rider's jersey is for riders "under age 25", which to me means Halvorsen should be in white. Can anyone enlighten me on this matter?

I scored according to the early PCS results. Apparently Grosschartner must have had a crash or mechanical issue in the last 3km, and so is now 8th on GC. I will fix this tomorrow.

Yes I saw that about young riders too but it looks like it is anyone born after Jan 1st 1997 this year.

I guess they didn't update the details on the Jersey page of the website.

0 likes

Ta, all in now.

0 likes

Still no startlists for Hagens or Rally. I will add when info available.

MinardiM189 replied to tony kappler | 4 years ago
0 likes

tony kappler wrote:

Still no startlists for Hagens or Rally. I will add when info available.

Startlist is complete now but a couple of Hagens riders aren't listed in 'all riders'.

Rice & Garrison.

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Kittel has withdrawn from the race. Pffft. 

Pages

Latest Comments