Uncomfortable Saddle After How Long?

Appreciate this is a very personal subject but here goes anyway:

I ride a Fizik Antares VS & have done for the past 3 years but on longer rides I find it gets very uncomfortable.

Most of my rides are 1 - 2.5 hours which is fine but anything 3 hours & over my backside is sore. I do all the usual things like changing position & getting out of the saddle every 15 minutes or so but still the same.

My question is at what point do I think about changing? Is that just the way it is for 3 hours plus for me? Should I just MTFO & get on with it? I've always ridden a saddle with a pressure relief channel & the newer Fizik models have a cut out so maybe I should be trying that out?

Testing saddles out can get very expensive which is something I'd rather avoid obviously but I just can't get this nagging doubt out of my mind that it shouldn't be like that & it should be more comfortable for longer. Maybe I'm kidding myself.

Just wondered if what I'm feeling is the norm or if I should be doing something about it?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments