Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Anyone ordered ZUUS wheels in 2019?

Just wondering if anyone has ordered wheels from ZUUS since January 1st and if they've actually received them?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

72 comments

dooderooni | 4 years ago
1 like

I thought I'd better provide an update now I've been riding my wheels for a few weeks.

Out of the gate, let me first say that despite the 3 month wait, I'd recommend these wheels to anyone looking for some reasonably priced, good quality carbon hoops.

First impressions were good, they arrived well packaged,well built and pleasingly lightweight. As was pointed out above, the decal placement could be better, but unless you're OCD or wanting to post pictures of your bike for judgement online then you'll not notice them as you whizz down the road. 

Mounting the new Vittoria Corsa tyres was a bit of an effort, but that was true of the same tyres on my Vision hoops. Out on the road the Zuus wheels feel really good and while it's easy to use the usual throwaway adjectives to describe their performance I will say that they are quick to accellerate, roll along very nicely and genuinely have reduced my segment times. On the climbs I've not experienced any noticable flex and the 50mm torroidal rim shape coupled with the 25mm tyres has not caused any problems in crosswinds or from passing vehicles. The provided rim tape, skewers and brake pads are all decent too. I can't comment too much on braking in the wet, but in the dry the brake pads work very well.

Regarding the delays, Alyson at Zuus could not have been more helpful and she was as frustrated at anyone with the delay caused by shipping and the rims subsequently being held in UK customs. Her inbox must have been inundated with complaints. I negotiated a free hub upgrade with Alyson due to the long delays and Zuus deserve a lot of credit for that. I think (hope) that Zuus will have learned a few painful lessons over this period and that they'll not be caught out by demand and stock levels in the future.

As I stated earlier, I'm very happy with my wheels and would recommend that anyone thinking of getting some should first give Zuus a ring and check on the lead-time, particularly if you're intending to have the wheels in time for a specific event or trip for example.

Yukmouth | 4 years ago
0 likes

I order a set of their 50mm Pro SL's start of March with a dispatch date being stated as the 25th March. Instead, I received them some 8 weeks later but only after several phone calls chasing. I was going to ask for a refund but they managed to get it done and then dispatched after Easter break.

They said it was due to demand and then this also changed to customs issues.

Decals not great, there is no real positioning on my set, so doesn't line up leaving the tire logo, zuus logo and valve sitting in weird positions... They are very easily removed (a good thing or a bad thing?!) But if I was to order again, I'd leave them off.

Despite finally having them now, the weather's been bad/not had time to try them properly. So can let you know how they perform after this bank holiday!

Hope OP finally received them too?

stucky | 5 years ago
0 likes

any news on the wheels dooderooni? I'm looking at a pair as well and spoke to them regarding their UCI Approval. They replied right away and sent me the certificate they received from the UCI, which i can confirm i found on their list. 

dooderooni | 5 years ago
0 likes

Just a quick update, the rims are apparently stuck in UK customs and Zuus can't give an estimate as to when I'll get my wheels.

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement and in all honesty, I'd be very reluctant to recommend them.

EddyBerckx | 5 years ago
0 likes

Still waiting? I'm looking at a pair at the minute...

dooderooni | 5 years ago
0 likes

When did you order them and when did you get them delivered if you don't mind me asking?

I've been waiting 8 weeks and counting for mine.

pastyfacepaddy replied to dooderooni | 5 years ago
0 likes

dooderooni wrote:

When did you order them and when did you get them delivered if you don't mind me asking?

I've been waiting 8 weeks and counting for mine.

That seems strange they've always been excellent from a customer service point of view. Have you messaged them using the message function within your account on their website or via FB?

bobinski | 5 years ago
0 likes

I have and very nice they are too. Taking them to Girona next Friday. Will report back.

bobinski | 5 years ago
0 likes

I have and very nice they are too. Taking them to Girona next Friday. Will report back.

dooderooni | 5 years ago
0 likes

Well guessed yes

I'll hopefully get a positive response from them tomorrow.

EddyBerckx | 5 years ago
2 likes

Does that mean you haven't?

Might be better off posting on the bikeradar forum, it has more footfall so to speak and there used to be a zuus wheels thread on there

djdaveellis replied to EddyBerckx | 4 years ago
1 like

StoopidUserName wrote:

Does that mean you haven't? Might be better off posting on the bikeradar forum, it has more footfall so to speak and there used to be a zuus wheels thread on there

Did you ever receive your wheels? I've been ripped off but strangely, their website is back up and running as of today. This will inevitably mean that someone else will suffer may fate. 

Pages

Latest Comments