Home

Hello friends. I work as a programmer on call, do maintenance and repair of computers in different regions. Need a car for travel, quite roomy and comfortable. Stopped on option What can you advise? Opted for now on Renault Lodgy

What do you think about this car? Should I buy? If my topic does not fit the topic, please move to the desired section. Thank you very much. 

14 comments

janusz0 [205 posts] 3 weeks ago
1 like

How do you intend to carry the bikes? On the roof, inside or on the back? After trying them all, my preference is now to have a tilting carrier on the towball. That way you can go under overhangs, don't have to lift them high and you don't obscure your lights. I've seen Vauxhalls with built in rear racks, how about Renaults?

davel [2710 posts] 3 weeks ago
4 likes

You can carry an entire family in a tuk tuk, so a cheaper option would be to duct-tape 2 tuk tuks together, then you can put all the family in the front, and an entire stack of servers in the back. Or computers in the front, bikes in the back, family on the roof. 

hawkinspeter [2759 posts] 3 weeks ago
4 likes

Renault is all well and good, but they look so boring and if you're travelling alone, they take up a lot more space on the road, so I'd recommend something a bit smaller and with a LOT more style:

srchar [1093 posts] 3 weeks ago
0 likes

If you don't need 4 seats, I'd be looking at a van.

CygnusX1 [1073 posts] 3 weeks ago
2 likes

Hello friends. Just out of interest, how many posts has BladeBringer made?

@Hawkinspeter - yes, but can you buy your SquirrelMobile for between 8 and 11 Lakh Rupees? 

Yorkshire wallet [2357 posts] 3 weeks ago
0 likes

I recommend the Renault Birdy Num Num.

1 like
CygnusX1 wrote:

@Hawkinspeter - yes, but can you buy your SquirrelMobile for between 8 and 11 Lakh Rupees? 

What's the exchange rate with acorns?

davel [2710 posts] 3 weeks ago
2 likes
CygnusX1 wrote:

I believe tuk tuks can be modded to make them run on branded luncheon meat.

2 likes

He'd be better off with this - I believe the current owner is looking to sell it for peanuts

0 likes
Yorkshire wallet wrote:

I recommend the Renault Birdy Num Num.

Peter Sellers. Subtle.

1 like
CygnusX1 wrote:

He'd be better off with this - I believe the current owner is looking to sell it for peanuts

Interesting - that does look appealing.

1 like

Squirrels shouldn't mess with the chimps...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiVrGx3rypY

1 like
CygnusX1 wrote:

Squirrels shouldn't mess with the chimps...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiVrGx3rypY

Yeah, but the chimp is clearly in a different weight category. You'd need about 10 squirrels to make it fair.

Now, a squirrel vs a snake is a closer bout:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr9sF0TqIU0

1 like

That's one agressive little furry tree rat. Snake was happily minding its own business, basking in the sun.