Home

I've just replaced some Campagnolo Zonda wheels because the braking tracks are worn out. The rest of the wheelset is fine and would be useful for spare spokes, freehub, bearings (only renewed a year ago) etc, so rather than take it to the tip, just thought I'd see if anyone wants to collect the wheels, free of charge, from Winchmore Hill N21?

9 comments

Welsh boy [576 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes

I would be interesed in paying you postage and a few beer tokens for the free hub, i am on my 3rd in 3 years, the bearings in them are pretty shocking.  Would you be interested in posting them if i paid your costs or sent you a pre paid return package?

srchar [1093 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes

If nobody wants to pick 'em up in the next week, yeah we can do the prepaid return package option. I do hope you're not paying for a new freehub everytime the bearings wear out - the cartridges are replacable, although the inner item is damn fiddly!

0 likes

Thanks.  I bought a new one first time and bought second hand for the next one when i went from Shimano to Campag, since going back to Shimano i havent done anything with the old one but i do plan on swapping the bearings this time.  Just a thought, is yours Shimano or campag fitting, i need shimano.

srchar [1093 posts] 3 months ago
1 like

It's Campag mate.

jinrake [3 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes

Hey can i get these? I just pulled all the bearings out my zonda and kinda threw them away not knowing you only replace the balls / retainers.

Im not even far from you, im in London N10. Can you message me? Email? Heck, ill come yours right now.

0 likes

My email is Jai [at] jinrake.com

My facebook also runs under my alias, you should find it easy. Its the guy wearing a mask and camo with a gta profile frame lol. (dont worry im just a normal guy sigh)

0 likes
srchar wrote:

It's Campag mate.

That's a shame but thanks anyway.

0 likes
srchar wrote:

It's Campag mate.

hey i have no idea how to message you but i need these...will come & collect & imburse you

matthewn5 [1247 posts] 3 weeks ago
0 likes

You can replace the bearings in Campag freehubs! No need to change them.

The outer one is easy to pull out, the inner one has a circlip* and needs a inside puller or careful tapping from the hub side. Easy peasy!

Bearings are a standard 17x30x7. Should cost about £6 each for really top bearings (eg SKF).

*The more recent circlips have holes in the ends so you can use a circlip tool. The older plain circlip is a fiddle, if necessary drill a 1mm hole to dislodge it.