Home

My reading of the Vuelta rules is that there is a daily award for the best young rider in the GC classification, but not a young rider classification as such. So there would be no YR classification points scored in road.cc.  Can anyone clarify?

67 comments

Dr Winston [280 posts] 5 months ago
0 likes
Dr Winston wrote:

Not sure how it will pan out Andy. The best Valverde can hope for (if he wants to win it) is only about 5/10 seconds from open play, so to speak, in a race to the line atop either/both summits...he certainly won't ride into the sunset over Yates for sure. So a GC finish finish for both stages is surely his only hope. That narrow lead is a game changer on both stages....if it was a minute or more then it may be different. I'm going for GC finish for both stages driven by Movistar...or at least that should be their plan.

Should have added...They need to bring bonus seconds into play...

Condor Andy [537 posts] 5 months ago
0 likes

Seems like you might be right. Movistar are really controlling this one today. Maybe my lack of transfers isn't a bad thing with all the major players (except Quintana) present. I've kept one for tomorrow to bring in Captain Obvious for the KOM points, and then I have two for the Madrid sprint.

2 likes

Well done Andy calling it right today by dropping Valverde and jumping on the Mollema/TDG double up.

I had that pair earmarked for big points for a while and then bottled it and only did TDG in. They actually had the potential to bring home a 300pts day today if Lopez hadn't chased them down.

Good call by you. 

enrique [2421 posts] 5 months ago
0 likes

Ivan Garcia Cortina appears in the game selection panel as I. Cortina.

It really should be I. Garcia - or I. Garcia Cortina. I prefer I. Garcia. His father's last name is  Garcia so that should be his last name. The way it's displayed in the game it's almost as if Garcia was his middle name....

2 likes

Yeah...I won the Vuelta game...yeah again...

triccky100 [158 posts] 5 months ago
1 like
Dr Winston wrote:

nice work Dr W

1 like
triccky100 wrote:
Dr Winston wrote:

nice work Dr W

It was a strange end to it Tricky. The only peron that could reallistically beat me was you after stage 19. We had the same number of transfers but i was 70 pts ahead. I thought the only chance you had was to go for TDG and Mollema together on all those mountains on stage 20 anf hope they syaed away...hence i effectively wasted a transfer by doing Kruiswijk > TDG. I felt sure you'd have gone for both of them. 

Pages