Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tink Sound NOT Creak

Lots of info on fixing CREAKS.

My sound is a TINK usually on a power stroke on either 50/34 chainring on the (larger) lower cassette gears. Standing or sitting. Nothing while coasting.

Fuji 1.1D Aluminum Frame @1000 miles.

I have managed to eliminate all creaks, Stuck with the TINK noise which I guess to be a drive train generated sound. "I get" aluminum frames resonate.

Lately after many hours of troubleshooting, I have lubed, tightened chainring bolts and contact to spider. I have my in tube cables secured. I have done the seat post check and checked the QR on the rear wheel. Stem and bars all torqued to specs. Chain is newer. BB is a remote maybe as my mechanic thinks it's good.

Can my chainrings be cracked or flexing. Both of them? Praxis Works. How can I tell?

Not willing to spend on new ones as I have read of those that have and end up with the same problem.

Any ideas?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

34 comments

Drinfinity | 6 years ago
0 likes

Spokes? I had a tink sound where the spoke tension wasn't right. Can you try a different rear wheel?

steady lad | 6 years ago
0 likes

You haven't said the type of crankset but if its not shimano then try tightening the bolt up, worked on a  Sram chainset of mine.

Cheers

steady lad | 6 years ago
0 likes

You haven't said the type of crankset but if its not shimano then try tightening the bolt up, worked on a  Sram chainset of mine.

Cheers

peted76 | 6 years ago
0 likes

I have a tick....  check for:  unaligned chain catching (but as this is easier to find I suspect you'll have ruled this out already)... maybe a notched chainring ...however if it's consistant on a certain 'stroke'...  then mr dear watson, I 'd suspect it's either your pedals or  your bottom bracket.

Pages

Latest Comments