Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Winter tubeless tyres?

I'm currently running a pair of Schwalbe Pro-Ones and find them a bit slippery on wet roads (and they're not new, so I have run them in).

With winter around the corner, I'm looking to get some 28mm tubeless tyres that are more confidence inspiring. Any recommendations?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

35 comments

hawkinspeter | 6 years ago
0 likes

@Miller - I'd be able to fit them, but no-one's got them. I did see one for sale on EBay at around £50, but it was just the one.

Miller | 6 years ago
0 likes

I have had a pair of Hutch Sector 28s on the go for a couple of years. They're very hard-wearing and very tough and give a good ride while not being the ultimate fastest tyre. A good choice for winter if you can fit them.

hawkinspeter | 6 years ago
0 likes

I have managed to fit in 30mm tyres previously, but it's so tight that any road grit sticking to the tyre would end up carving into the carbon-fibre frame, so I've decided it's not worth the risk (officially the frame only supports up to 28mm).

I did spot the Hutchison Sector tyres, but they're out of stock at Wiggle and CRC and I haven't looked further afield yet.

paulrattew | 6 years ago
0 likes

The Schwalbe G-one speed tyres (previously called S-one) are great if you can fit them - 30mm nominal width but come up 32mm on my rims.

For 28mm, the Hutchinson Sector tyres are a good option. They are a little bit slippy straight out of the pack, but once they have worn in a tiny bit they offer great grip and are more hard wearing than the schwalbe pro-one's.

. . | 6 years ago
0 likes

If you can squeeze 30mm in,  G-One Speeds / S-Ones are as sticky as.  Hard to find at a decent price though.

Pages

Latest Comments