Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Anyone ordered from RaceView Cycles in Co. Antrim ?

Hi Everyone,

Was looking to place an online order with RaceView Cycles but was wondering if anyone has feedback, before I go ahead.

thanks,

Bill

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

149 comments

Hazzaman replied to Mal Turnbull 3732 | 6 years ago
3 likes

Mal Turnbull 3732 wrote:

Hi, sorry to burst your bubble mate but the review I left of race view Cycles was a genuine response to a request for feedback, I mistakenly thought that forums were the right place to do this, or are you so set against a particular company that you only want to hear bad reviews? I don't care one way or the other, just telling it like it is. Mal Ps, the John I mention in the post is only the email contact who advised me of delivery time, don't know him from Adam.

The man doth protest too much, methinks

Liam Whyte replied to kerrykat | 6 years ago
2 likes

kerrykat wrote:

Does anyone know how to contact these idiots? Placed an order 7 weeks ago, no communication whatsoever!! Two different phone numbers on their website (02825871583, 02894460362) no answer to either. Found the ‘Parent company’ Raceview Equestrian, its description is they are based at Broughshane village at Raceview Mill, Rang Raceview Mill...they havn’t been there for over a year, On the Contact us on their fb page Woodside Industrial Park, Rang them......haven’t been there for a year either?!?!?! Another address on their site is a private house not a business address? HELP!!! 

Here you go mate....

However when I looked up the company information, suddenly she has resigned as director???  Now we have a new guy as director..his name is a Mr Darren Crawford, who incidently, was a director previously, then resigned, now since March 2017 is suddenly a director again??? Strange eh?  

I read through the bits of info on this guy darren and it turns out he is a photographer, for the Ballymena Guardian!  So, if you can't get them to answer your calls or emails, give the Ballymena Guardian a call on 028 2564 1221 and ask for Mr Crawford, I'm sure he would be delighted to help!

Here's the link with the information in it. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/NI631676/filing-history (link is external)

Good luck guys and gals 

don simon fbpe replied to mossman14 | 6 years ago
4 likes

mossman14 wrote:

I just received my Campagnolo Bora Ultra 50 wheelset bought online from Race View Cycles.   Bought on their website, got order confirmation, shipping confirmation and tracking number so I was able to track my package from Europe to the U.S.   Got the package in less than a week and well packaged.     Could not have been more pleased with my purchase and ease of purchase and pricing and shipping....ALL WAS GOOD.   Would buy again from Race View Cylces.   I know I saw a few negative comments so I was slightly worried, but it was a good experience and really love the new wheels!   Give them a try!

Thanks for your post. I have read this thread with interest and am gobsmacked at some of the responses and negativity. I think that if a company was this bad, we would have heard about it in the news, or in the papers, or on Watchdog, or on a programme with Dom, or something else. so I think the negativity is just sour grapes, (do adults call it fake news now?) and probably just pissed off competitors. There are so many threads here where someone asks for a recommendation and the whole forum descends to slag off the company. It's as if you can't say anything positive about good, hardworking people anymore.

Anyway I am looking at buying an Enigma for Christmas, I really, really, really hope that Santa can collect in time to deliver it to me.

In spite of seeing all the negative posts, and evidence, and emails and everything, I think that I won't have any problems and that they will give me good service.

I'll be back with a new log-in to report my positive experience (just like everyone else) because I like being anany anouny amouny  a secret person.

srchar replied to DRC | 6 years ago
6 likes

DRC wrote:

I feel a victory here, beat the negative reviews.

Congratulations on such an emphatic win; it must have been so satisfying to receive your corkscrew; what a bonus that the box was thrown in free of charge!  I wonder how those of us have been f*cked about and lost time and money to the crooks who run RaceView will ever come back from such a crushing defeat.

I notice that the steady stream of new posts has driven this thread back to the top spot on Google for the search term "Race View Cycles", so I'm just clinging onto that really.

Hazzaman replied to superbike | 6 years ago
3 likes

superbike wrote:

I see that Raceview cycles are now using Trustpilot to post lots of very obviously fake reviews.

To top it all, it looks like they are getting any negative reviews removed from Trustpilot, then posting a new "fake" review in it's place.    

Spotted a negative review on trustpilot yesterday.  lasted about an hour before it was removed.  Then strangely a very over the top positive review was posted.  the reviewer said he had "I stumbled onto the website, and it felt like home"  Seriously???????

the fact that trustpilot allow reviews that are so clearly totally fake is mental. the latest 2 are actually hysterical they are so bad
5 of there positive reviews have a name that starts with J and 3 are tom/tommy . lacking imagination some what lol
and they all mention the negative reviews putting them off but they order anyway???

Yep, I also left a negative review on trustpilot for them.  You will see from my earlier post that I had to chase them through Darren Crawford at the Ballymena guardian.  my negative review lasted an hour on trustpilot before it was taken down and an email arrives from trustpilot compliance saying my review doesnt meet their standards.  F..ks sake,  yet all the fake positive reviews are still there. Makes me not want to trust trustpilot and sure wouldn't trust raceview cycles.  

Hazzaman replied to CygnusX1 | 5 years ago
2 likes

CygnusX1 wrote:

If true, Hazzaman, that will be a shame --- not that the company may be about to fold - that's good news for consumers, except for anyone who has currently placed an order and waiting for goods or a refund  --- but that "the thread that keeps on giving" won't give any more comedy gold.

However I suspect even if RaceView does indeed fold, a new company operating from the same or nearby address and similarly named directors will suddenly rise from the ashes.  

Yep you're right about that CygnusX1!   It will be the poor folks waiting on orders and not getting their money back and the companies they owe money too that will suffer.  Same thing happened with shiny bikes.  

And yes suspect there will be another company that will suddenly rise from the ashes, just like before.  Shocking that folks can get away with that.

Though we will all miss the "thread that keeps on giving"

keirik replied to mfeichter | 6 years ago
4 likes

mfeichter wrote:

Mal Turnbull 3732 wrote:

Hi, just wanted to leave some positive feedback for race veiw Cycles, I noticed that they have been attracting some pretty poor comments. I ordered a full Sram Red eTap groupset from them at a very competitive price, £1700, arrived exactly when John said it would and in perfect condition. Not much more to say really, would not hesitate to use them again.

Spot the shill laughlaugh

What, you mean a first post by someone who happens to know the guy running the company?
Nothing unusual there I always order my stuff direct off the MD of Evans and then write reviews on forums/fora Ive never frequested before   4

brooksby replied to DRC | 6 years ago
4 likes

DRC wrote:

I am also one who online shopped and came across Race View Cycles for an item I was searching.

Like others, I was not familiar with the site, it was foreign, so I took to reviews and such. Some of the brutal negative reviews used language that sent red flags up for me. My instinct guided me to a low risk probability that my experience would be as horrific. Took the gamble and made my on line purchase 2 weeks ago 31Oct17.

I immediately received an email confirmation, shipping confirmation and a fantastic shipping rate.

This week I received the beautiful Campagnollo corkscrew in the manufacturers original box, at a fantastic price, unscathed all the way to Alaska.

I feel a double victory here 1) beautiful christmas gift for my Father and, 2) beat the negative reviews.

Thank you Race View Cycles

Alaska, eh? Really? Anyway, out of curiosity, what language did you write your *first ever post here* in before you used Google Translate to put it into English?

davel replied to DRC | 6 years ago
4 likes
DRC wrote:

I am also one who online shopped and came across Race View Cycles for an item I was searching.

Like others, I was not familiar with the site, it was foreign, so I took to reviews and such. Some of the brutal negative reviews used language that sent red flags up for me. My instinct guided me to a low risk probability that my experience would be as horrific. Took the gamble and made my on line purchase 2 weeks ago 31Oct17.

I immediately received an email confirmation, shipping confirmation and a fantastic shipping rate.

This week I received the beautiful Campagnollo corkscrew in the manufacturers original box, at a fantastic price, unscathed all the way to Alaska.

I feel a double victory here 1) beautiful christmas gift for my Father and, 2) beat the negative reviews.

Yay, good for you.

All the people who disagree are just capitalist warmongering dotard pigdogs.

Butty replied to DRC | 6 years ago
7 likes

DRC wrote:

This week I received the beautiful Campagnollo corkscrew in the manufacturers original box

If that is what is written on the box then congrats - you've just received some Chinese knock-off.

Alessandro replied to DRC | 6 years ago
4 likes

DRC wrote:

DRC = Darren Raceview Cycles? Or just a massive coincidence...?

crom replied to DRC | 6 years ago
3 likes

Very considerate of DRC to use the UK date format instead of the US one.

DRC wrote:

kenyond | 7 years ago
5 likes

It is very strange people registering to leave one post...... Just had a read of the T&C's and not seen anything like them

ktula | 7 years ago
5 likes

I will not order another item from RaceView Cycles again.

I first placed an order for a set of Zipp 30 Course disc wheels on 8/15. My credit card was promptly charged after placing the order. When i didn't receive any order confirmation, i sent an email two days later (8/17) asking if the order would be shipped soon. When i still didn't get a response on the 19th, i requested the order be canceled if it wasn't going to be shipped by Monday (8/22). I received a prompt response from John indicating that it was not going to be a problem to ship by Monday. On 8/22, assuming that the order had already been shipped, i emailed John requesting a tracking number for the shipment. John responded with a Royal Mail tracking number. When i entered the tracking number on Royal Mail's website, the status indicated they had made an attempt to deliver the package somewhere in UK. I asked John if he had sent me the incorrect tracking number and he responsed on 8/23 with the "correct" tracking number for Parcel Force. Upon entering that tracking number, i received this status:

"We have no tracks for your parcel yet. The status of your parcel will be updated in due course."

This seems to be an indication that Parcel Force has not yet received the parcel from RaceView Cycles. So i emailed John asking him if the set of wheels had been shipped and i mentioned i needed the wheels very soon for my upcoming cyclocross race. He did not respond.

When Parcel Force tracking site gave me the same information again a few hours ago, i emailed John to cancel my order since it's obvious he had not shipped it on Monday as promised and i have no clue if he was ever going to ship it. I only hope RaceView Cycles will refund my credit card as quickly as they had charged it.

glennh | 7 years ago
2 likes

Had a difficult experience with race view cycles.

My order took many unanswered emails to process and I had to suggest having VISA involved in an online fraud transaction before the company replied. I attempted to call them but their number was not in service. 

The order was explained to be out of stock despite being charged to my credit card and purchased from an in stock description. I had to give an ultimatum of a tracked shipping  reciept for the product or a direct VISA refund. The order then shipped.

My experience took over 2 months and took many difficult emails to conclude. I feel lucky that i did not have to involve VISA in this transaction. 

Bluecabbage | 7 years ago
1 like

Hey all, just joined the forum to post for this purpose. Like many who have found this thread, I found a good price for bike parts and rolled the dice...... Ordered a Di2 group set and thought no more of it. After a couple of weeks, I had not seen any action so started looking on line and found this thread. Started getting nervous after 3 weeks. Contacted the store, got a tracking no. And the kit showed up as ordered in California about a week later. So, fast.... No, good price yes, came as ordered, yes. Can't comment on shiny bikes but would buy from these guys again. Hope that helps anyone else who finds themselves in the same spot. Thanks for listening.......

MLAPSLEY55 | 7 years ago
8 likes

I just happened to stumble upon this thread and feel I have to say something! FRAZER/John/Bill or whatever you are calling yourself this week. Would you stop with the fake reviews, they are so overcooked, they stand out a mile!! Note to self, if you are caught out blatantly lying to your customers then we will vote with our feet and shop elsewhere!! Any forum members considering buying from this company,don't!!

gaz65 | 7 years ago
1 like

Hi all! Have just bought a Axiom rear pannier rack from Raceview, it arrived just now and is about to be fitted. Dispatch is supposedly up to 48hrs but I was notified of dispatch on the forth day, also given a Parcelforce tracking number. Actual goods in transit time has been 3 days, not taking a weekend into account. Was worried after reading other posts but service, packaging and delivery has been as good as any reputable dealer out there. The rack is in perfect condition and i was suprised how much cheaper it was coming in at approx £15 less than other sellers. Hope others have the same experience as I have, and going by this purchase I will buy from them again. It's not all doom and gloom folks, maybe there was a rocky patch whilst setting up their company with suppliers and logistics. Just sharing my experience with this company and hope it is helpful to all.

MLAPSLEY55 | 7 years ago
6 likes

Another fake review!  Raceviewequestrian must be desperate for sales!!  Given the genuine bad reviews and my own bad experience with them, I am surprised they are still in business!  A company that needs to write their own "good" reviews? DESPERATE!! Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole! 

Marcus7777 | 7 years ago
3 likes

Raceview are a pack of Charlatans.  I placed an order 6 weeks ago ..still no sign of it.  They have my money and I have no order.  Have asked Visa to get my money back.   Don't waste your time and risk your money buying from them.  Seriously wish I had read some of the reviews on here before deciding to order from them.  

ahsumdad | 7 years ago
1 like

I purchased a Zipp disc wheel recently from RaceView Cycles.  I don't know about previous versions of the store, but my experience was very positive.  Had good communication, fast delivery and good price.  I live near Denver, Colorado and the wheel arrived in a little less than a week from date of purchase.  

MLAPSLEY55 | 7 years ago
1 like

I think all these positive reviews, which are so obviously fake, show a real lack of integrity.  This thread just proves how untrustworthy Raceview cycles actually is.  You would be a total fool to buy anything from them.  There are plenty of other much more reputable companies out there selling the same items.  When trust in a company is lost, the company no longer has any value.  Shop somewhere folks! 

JimBob67 | 7 years ago
1 like

Placed an order for Campagnolo Zonda C17 wheels with Race View which were considerably cheaper than the regular sites.

Then found this post and started to worry,  thought it would turn into a load of hassle.

I heard nothing for a few days so phoned and spoke to John. He said because of the Xmas break they were behind with sending orders out and that it would be despatched that day (Friday) and I'd receive the wheels Tuesday the following week. They actually arrived a day early on the Monday.

I'm not saying people haven't had problems with Race View but my order went pretty smoothly. Maybe they've got their act together?

I'm not from the USA and yes I've had to join the forum and this is my first post but just thought I'd share my experience.

grover | 7 years ago
3 likes

First time poster. I'd like to thank you all for taking the time to report something on these guys. I wanted a certain crankset. Race View Cycles have it listed as 'In Stock' and at a very competitive price. I got to the point of paying and as they didn't accept paypal I decided to google them. That lead me to this thread. So I emailed them to confirm whether the crankset was actually in stock. The good, they replied within 24 hours. The bad, it wasn't in stock and is a special order item so would take 2-3 weeks after I paid for them to receive it, and then the time for them to send to me.

So at best it seems their website doesn't communicate well with their actual stock levels. At worst they've setup their website to display incorrect stock notifications in order to attract purchases. They are somewhere on the spectrum between behind the times, disorganised and deceptive. With so many options for the consumer I'd advise you shop elsewhere.

Not accepting paypal, I can only imagine the headache that would have ensued should I have paid with a credit card then needed them to issue a refund when I realised my item wasn't actually in stock and it would take weeks.

As it stands I bought the crankset I wanted from a shop that sells through eBay for a similar price. I get to pay with paypal so I'm protected and it's most likely that it will be in stock and ship quickly or I would have seen comments in their feedback alluding to similar occurances.

biciloco | 7 years ago
0 likes

Hey everyone!

​First post. And yeah, I joined the forum because I ran across this thread researching Race Way. Basically I'm hunting for a good replacement fork for 1999 Serotta Legend Ti that has a 1" headtube. Here in the states a Ritchey Comp is about the only option - this is not a desireable fork IMO. So I recently discovered the Columbus Minimal, but it is not available in the US.

​So I placed an order with Race Way because they were significantly cheaper than Wiggle and the Race Way item pictured the old "glossy" finish as opposed to the matte finish Wiggle  - http://www.wiggle.co.uk/columbus-minimal-road-forks/. Eventhough it is a coin toss, I want the chance at getting my hands on the shiny one.

​The site isn't bad, I've seen much worse. I have worked for an online cycling retailer in the past and I know first hand that their website has defintely taken some effort - I consider that a good sign. Understandably I was aprehensive because of all the bad reports on various forums. So I sent an email to verify that they indeed had the fork on hand. They replied within hours and confirmed that the item was in-house and would ship the next day. So far I have no cause for alarm.

​I will post again with an update. Happy riding if you can get it. We recieved 4" of snow overnight here in Pennsylvania.

MLAPSLEY55 | 7 years ago
6 likes

All these first time posters, still appearing out of the woodwork with their so called positive "reviews"  all seems a bit fishy to me.   The latest review seems to be about some other company called Race Way!!! lol

Last I heard they were in serious trouble and aren't sending out any orders they receive.

I am sure anyone with a brain or any common sense will be able to read these reviews and know to avoid Race View Cycles like the plague.

biciloco | 7 years ago
0 likes

Hi again,

​Well the fork arrived today. Ordered Feb. 02, 2017 - received Feb. 13, 2017. Not bad. Only issue is that they sent the fork under-protected in a bubble wrap lined envelope. Hardly industry standard for shipping a carbon fork. It arrived seemingly unharmed - however I might hesitate ordering anything fragile in the future.

biciloco | 7 years ago
0 likes

Lastly,

Not sure why everyone hates the shit out of this retailer. Yeah they're a bit shabby, site still says "processing" on the order I just received, and they ship carbon forks in an envelope. Still it was damn cheap and one of the only two places I could find a 1" Columbus Minimal Fork. And unfortunately I did not get the old, glossy finish I was hoping for.

Also another caveat. I was told this was the "last one" they had. Site still says "in stock". So if you are in a rush to get your stuff, call or email to get verification on inventory.

I saved $40 using Race View over Wiggle.

Tommytrucker | 7 years ago
1 like

Lastly,

Not sure why everyone hates the shit out of this retailer.

Think you missed the part of the ' discussion ' early on where they were threatening legal action against anybody who was raising legitimate issues they had had with said retailer.

davel | 7 years ago
3 likes

Legal action doesn't always mean suing over here.

There are plenty of examples above this post to justify the shit they've got... in this very thread, not too far from people who have registered purely to post once, on this thread, about getting a decent service.

Shiny Bikes didn't have the best reputation either. Join the dots, don't join the dots... but surely you can see why others have joined the dots.

Pages

Latest Comments