Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Critérium du Dauphiné stage 5

Difficult one to predict today with categorised climbs of 3 and 2 followed by a bit of a lumpy run in.

Can Sky dig deep enough to keep a break from causing to many problems or will someone hovering around the top 20 at just 2 mins down cause an upset ?

Perosnally i think Sky will manage but may end up leaving Froome on his own or with just one other rider halfway up the final climb. I have brought in Reza as with 6 climbs he has got to go for it to keep the jersey as he is only 11 points in front.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

14 comments

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Forgot to do my team, but with stage points as so far of 103,90,47,17,39...

chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes

Wow! Yeah it was my worst race last year, came 869th in standard, and am only just beating that this year. Purists are doing OK though, in fact if Intxausti hadn't crashed so much I would've been going even better. As it is, I'd have been better off with Contador and a 3.0 instead of Tejay and Intxausti. Its a shame - my tactic with purist is normally to pick the top two favourites and build it around them, but I changed my approach this time.

chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes

36th on the stage for my purist team, who are now well ahead of my standard...

jova54 replied to chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

.................my purist team, who are now well ahead of my standard...

Mine too, although a total of 200 points so far for the Purist is hardly a good score but better than my standard team. Yesterday I scored 56 points and doubled my standard team's total score, and I still can't pick a Lanterne Rouge  20

Dux89 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Dauphine organizers sure love hilly, breakaway friendly stages.

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

2,3,12,14 for me much better day today  4

stonechat | 9 years ago
0 likes

I cannot see today's results in the website yet

jova54 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm doing so bad I can't even pick the Lanterne Rouge  102

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Looking forward to getting my 10 stage points badge.

This has been my worst result in any competition so far. Inversely proprtional to the amount of time I spent on my team before it started.

Suisse was picked in 10 mins flat, Dauphine took me days to hone my pathetic showing.

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Ive not seen an awful lot of the race, but Ant is a great guy and commentator and is often on the Eurosport commentary, but not sure if he is on there this week

the domestique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Of course, after keeping him on from stages 1-4, today was the day I finally decided to kick that no-good slacker Spilak off my team  102

Still, what an amazing stage.

I have to say - so far I reckon the Dauphine has been the race of the season. Fantastic riding, and a great time slot too. Here in Oz, the stages are finishing up by a very civilised 11pm (rather than 1.30-2am for Le Tour), so it's a great way to unwind in the evenings after work.

SBS is showing a live stream in HD from 9.30pm (with no ads!), with a commentator I've not heard before - Anthony McCrossan. He's rather good, with some great insights and inside info. He's flying solo, so he could do with a partner to share the load (and his voice can grate after a while, but I think that's always the case with solo commentators).

What are the rest of you watching it on, and with who's commentating?

Him Up North replied to the domestique | 9 years ago
0 likes
the domestique wrote:

What are the rest of you watching it on, and with who's commentating?

British Eurosport has commentary from Brian Smith and the Marmite of cycling commentary, Carlton Kirby.

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Much better day, but 10 penalties

and for purist 1,14,16

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

I brought reza in too and have gone back to GC riders, just trying to put some stability back in to my team after a disastrous start  2

Roulston and pineau have abandoned after 24km of racing. They got caught up in a large crash early on. They have gone to hospital in Gap.

Latest Comments