Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Womens World Cup-Tour of Chongming Island

39 Hmmmm Gkam, how's the start list looking for this one geezer?  39

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

138 comments

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Ray, take your sexism and stick it  103

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I guess no-one noticed with every other race in the WWC so far. as soon as the race starts, I pull the startlist once I have the score sheet.

It just saves people complaining that this rider or that rider is not in the next race when I haven't loaded the next startlist.

The deadline was changed through the night, because it was set to 11am for some reason...so it would have just closed 20 minutes ago.....

simon F replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

The deadline was changed through the night, because it was set to 11am for some reason...so it would have just closed 20 minutes ago.....

It would have been nice if "some reason" had been spotted in time for me (and others) to select a team. I was out all day yesterday but thought it wouldn't matter - I could pick a team this morning. It's not like there's only a short time between stages in this competition to spot mistakes.

VVV73 replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

I guess no-one noticed with every other race in the WWC so far. as soon as the race starts, I pull the startlist once I have the score sheet.

It just saves people complaining that this rider or that rider is not in the next race when I haven't loaded the next startlist.

Be nice if Premium members got notification of Deadline changes  1
Wouldn't be hard to create a mailing list, had no trouble e-mailing me the other day...
And as for the "you think this is a service" comment, if directed at me..... Anything I pay for I do ! and so does the GST.

rcorbin | 9 years ago
0 likes

1,2,3,4,5,6,11,17 for me

STEVESPRO 79 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Yet another complete admin shambles.... Not happy...

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

Picked standard team earlier in the week but never picked a purist  35

simon F | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm really hacked off about this. It's the first race I've missed in ages (if ever). Getting up to find that not only do I not have 2 hours to pick my teams but I've missed the deadline, and the race, is extremely frustrating. It would appear from the comments above that I'm not the only one. Quite handy for any alert antipodeans who could probably have picked their teams after the race finished.
I don't envy Dave having to deal with this because I can't see any fair way to sort it out.

Nix replied to simon F | 9 years ago
0 likes
simon F wrote:

Quite handy for any alert antipodeans who could probably have picked their teams after the race finished.

No.. don't worry about that. I'm in Australia which is why I didn't need to put team in early ... the race was in similar day timezone so could leave it till today. But race hadn't finished before Fantasy locked up.

Also one of reasons I didn't pick up the start time error earlier was because they also had a chongming stage race this week .. so I presumed the tweets about a race at a different time related to the stage race not the WWC race.

simon F replied to Nix | 9 years ago
0 likes
Nix wrote:
simon F wrote:

Quite handy for any alert antipodeans who could probably have picked their teams after the race finished.

No.. don't worry about that. I'm in Australia which is why I didn't need to put team in early ... the race was in similar day timezone so could leave it till today. But race hadn't finished before Fantasy locked up.

I wasn't really worried about that TBH, it was just a snarky comment - probably should have had some sort of smiley on it but I'm still fed up about it all. I was harbouring faint hopes of overtaking TER in the W. Mids overall at some point but that chance has almost certainly gone now. I'll just have to carry on being Poulidor to his Anquetil.
As it turns out, I may have had 2nd place in both my teams, left over from the previous race, but that's all.

Nix replied to simon F | 9 years ago
0 likes
simon F wrote:

As it turns out, I may have had 2nd place in both my teams, left over from the previous race, but that's all.

Cechini (2nd) is also only one I had in the squad leftover from last race.

Oh well, its only a game

cgipryan | 9 years ago
0 likes

If these are the results, I've got a full house...

VVV73 replied to cgipryan | 9 years ago
0 likes
cgipryan wrote:

If these are the results, I've got a full house...

Ditto.
Had cpl diff in each but all riders inpts in both.
May have got 7 of to9 in one looking results. Site updating atm:(

chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes

1 Kirsten WILD NED GIW 3:16:44
2 Elena CECCHINI ITA EMF +0
3 Giorgia BRONZINI ITA WHT +0
4 Emilie MOBERG NOR HPU +0
5 Melissa HOSKINS AUS AUS +0
6 Shelley OLDS USA ALE +0
7 Charlotte BECKER GER WHT +0
8 Anna TREVISI ITA EMF +0
9 Annalisa CUCINOTTA ITA SEF +0
10 Cecilie Gotaas JOHNSEN NOR HPU +0
11 Roxane FOURNIER FRA FRA +0
12 Julie LETH DEN HPU +0
13 Oxana KOZONCHUK RUS RVL +0
14 Fanny RIBEROT FRA FRA +0
15 Kim DE BAAT NED PHV +0
16 Sara MUSTONEN SWE GIW +0
17 Nina KESSLER NED DLT +0
18 Olga ZABELINSKAYA RUS RVL +0
19 Maria giulia CONFALONIERI ITA EMF +0

0 likes

Picked a team a few days ago, meant to revisit it but completely forgot. Luckily got 1,2,3 anyway...

cherrypicked | 9 years ago
0 likes

Oops missed the deadline

dc04dc replied to cherrypicked | 9 years ago
0 likes

Picked my team yesterday, now see that all my riders are grayed out.

Incidentally, Sunday's Tour of California stage appears to start an hour before the window closes.

VVV73 replied to dc04dc | 9 years ago
0 likes
dc04dc wrote:

Picked my team yesterday, now see that all my riders are grayed out.

Incidentally, Sunday's Tour of California stage appears to start an hour before the window closes.

same as one of mine.
I don't think I will waste my time in any research any more (not that it helps). Just wasted time and effort a lot of the time.

arcadiak replied to dc04dc | 9 years ago
0 likes

that makes two of us and scored highly too. idk wtf theyre doing by deducting points given earlier today.

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Yeh I have the top 3 too.

Did my team for this yesterday.

I think the startlist was fine Nix from what I can gather.

Just seems like a wrong deadline issue to me

Nix replied to TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Yes agree, my point was about getting start time and time zone info (not the rider startlist).

simon F replied to TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

And I doubt I have anyone. I went to select my teams only to find the deadline moved by hours. Are we really going to score this one?

rcorbin | 9 years ago
0 likes

Yeah if finished around 6am. I've got the top 3 but haven't seen any other stats yet

Nix | 9 years ago
0 likes

Mmm ... this Tour of Chongming WWC race seems to have started already and be almost over. Yet Fantasy lockout doesn't occur for another few hours.

Is the timing for this stuffed?

Nix replied to Nix | 9 years ago
0 likes
Nix wrote:

Mmm ... this Tour of Chongming WWC race seems to have started already and be almost over. Yet Fantasy lockout doesn't occur for another few hours.

Is the timing for this stuffed?

Race is actually over already. Think someone got the start time or timezone wrong for this one and set Fantasy lockout time and warnings too late. But also suspect getting accurate and complete pre-start info about women's races is a problem.

tony kappler | 9 years ago
0 likes

All the riders for the Tour of Chongming Is have disappeared from the startlist!!!!
Any ideas?

thorolf replied to tony kappler | 9 years ago
0 likes
tony kappler wrote:

All the riders for the Tour of Chongming Is have disappeared from the startlist!!!!
Any ideas?

Same happened to me.

Then the list came back and there were about 4 hours to deadline.

Went back in about ten minutes later. The race was closed!

No team for me in this one.  7

Oh well, back out to clean the bike.  1

0 likes

Bronzini just won stage 3 ahead of Wild! Today's top 5 are all in my team for Sunday, which is encouraging...

mooleur replied to chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

Bronzini just won stage 3 ahead of Wild! Today's top 5 are all in my team for Sunday, which is encouraging...

Wehey nice one!!! (I'm not too up to date it seems, stupid work/training/sleep getting in the way  10 )

mooleur | 9 years ago
0 likes

Wild's had an amazing season that's true.  4

I'm a bit gutted Bronzini hasn't got the top spot yet mind you, love that lass she's ace!!!

Pages

Latest Comments