Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Paris Nice

Well, it's over a week away but it's a pretty intriguing scenario. The profiles are up at http://www.letour.fr/paris-nice/2014/us/overall-route.html but their race preview comments seem to be true (http://www.letour.fr/paris-nice/2014/us/pre-race/news/ahc/the-race-to-th...). "With a course completely devoid of time trialling and decisive climbs, the 72nd edition of Paris–Nice is one for the all-rounders....the absence of a time-trial... steep, rough climbs rather than highly selective ascents will reward audacity over the natural talent of the mountaineers. " Then it goes on to say the "title might still depend on the time bonuses to be picked up on the finish line!"

The only mountaintop finish is a Cat 2, at the end of Stage 6, it seems tailor made for Luis Leon Sanchez!  1 But he's not there!  40

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

35 comments

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Right, just back from Norwich, gonna do in update in the next 20

FirstCycling | 10 years ago
0 likes

Transfers between stages in P-N on Purist team???

dave atkinson replied to FirstCycling | 10 years ago
0 likes
FirstCycling wrote:

Transfers between stages in P-N on Purist team???

nope

dave atkinson replied to sanderville | 10 years ago
0 likes
Sanderville wrote:

Maybe this isn't the place to ask, and without wishing to start a whole flaming argument, how come Meersman is "AR" and Terpstra is "PC"?

less than a quarter of Meersman's points have come on flat stages, so the game doesn't classify him as a sprinter

ray silvester replied to livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:
Ghedebrav wrote:
livestrongnick wrote:

big question for me is Meersman or Boonen?  39

Ha! Perhaps rather foolishly, I have neither. Degenkolb instead. Meersman seems overpriced (though that's what I thought about Kwiatkowski in the Algarve so what do I know?).

You have given me food for thought with Boonen, though. If nothing else, form's form  39

Boonen probably just using this as training for classics and Meersman will get the nod, gone with neither in the end. All out sprint train for 3 stages  4

I'm going with Boonen as my standard team will probably stand for the first 3 stages

Pages

Latest Comments