Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Good quality mid-range cycle wear?

Hi everyone!

I am relatively new to the game and have been experimenting with various different clothing brands with mixed success. I'm a bit OCD so I prefer to stick to one brand and match stuff up. Any recommendations for a middle of the road brand that's good quality? I've had success with the upper end of Endura, but for the most part it seems like quite a budget brand (I could well be wrong - correct me if so).

Generally I prefer to spend a bit more on good quality kit, not being one of the 'buy cheap buy twice' brigade, but equally I am faintly horrified by the prices of Rapha and the like!

Any and all suggestions welcome!

Cheers

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

36 comments

glynr36 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Castelli, Rapha and Assos mainly for me here, and a healthy amount of small brand kit done on champion systems.
They're expensive yes, but worth it, and a bit of hunting in sales can save you a healthy amount at time, and it's way better than the mid range kit.
Some things will never hit the sales, stuff like a Gabba etc

MPMax | 10 years ago
0 likes

Definitely check out Primal (www.primaleurope.com). Zips can be a bit of a nuisance (more than usable and seem to be getting better year-on-year, mind), but other than that the quality is awesome.

They usually have a load of stuff - some dodgy designs I hasten to add - in their outlet for ridiculously cheap, so might be worth having a look to test the waters for quality.

Their Evo Corsa bibs are incredible. Better than Assos, Rapha in my opinion, and half the price.

Manchestercyclist | 10 years ago
0 likes

Torm jerseys are great,

DHB are a sure bet and excellent value. I've got stuff by castelli, rapha, pearl izumi, and whole load of other brands but if I had to start again it's torm and DHB that I'd buy.

Welsh boy | 10 years ago
0 likes

dhb gets my vote too

Luv2ride | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'd recommend Mavic gear. I've got their shoes, bib shorts, bib longs, long sleeve and short jerseys and various jackets. Build quality is always top notch, always got them at heavy discounts and fit is great. I'm 5'8 with a 37.5" chest and their UK Small/International Medium size always does me well.

drfabulous0 | 10 years ago
0 likes

The Gore stuff is excellent and can be found cheap enough in the sales.

Pages

Latest Comments