Organisers of the Deloitte Ride Across Britain are offering a free Elite turbo trainer worth £140 or men’s or women’s Brooks B17 saddle worth £65 for the 10 road.cc users signing up to register for the full route of next year’s fourth edition of the event, which starts on 8th June.
The nine-day, fully supported, 960-mile ride from John O’Groats to Land’s End, which was announced at the end of August, will see 700 cyclists ride through some of Britain’s most spectacular scenery including Glencoe, Shap Fell, Dartmoor and Land’s End.
This year’s route went the other way, from Cornwall in the southwest to the northeast of Scotland, with some of the highlights captured in the following short film made by organisers Threshold Sports as well as in a series of blog posts here on road.cc by recent convert to cycling Jax Fanshawe.
The free turbo trainer or Brooks saddle are available to the next 50 participants signing up for the full nine-day package via the event website and entering the code ROADCC2013 at checkout. The cost is £1,750 and includes:
Before the Ride:
• Training programme tailored to your level
• Additional training advice and support from our expert Technical Director
• Online training tools that to track your progress
• Rider forum to meet other riders and share tips and experiences
• Access to exclusive training days
• Special offers on equipment, kit and maintenance costs
• Maintenance and bike fitting guides to ensure you and your bike are in optimum shape.
During the Ride:
• Full signposting along the epic route from Land’s End to John O’Groats
• Expert chaperone guides for all groups of riders
• Accommodation every night in either university campus twin rooms or single tents
• Showers at base camp
• Baggage transfer each day
• Breakfast & dinner each
• Pit stops with snacks
• Full medical support on road & in base camps
• Timing chips with automatic web uploading
• Secure overnight bike storage
• GPX route files
• Broom wagon pick up
• Phone & camera charging facilities
• Professional photographers along the route capturing every moment.
There is also a four-day Scotland Package, costing £950, finishing in Carlisle, where the five-day England Package, costing £1,150 starts off to carry on along the route south.